• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Lol yeah the media isn't influenced by the Jewish interests when only the SBS has had an interview which remotely criticises Israeli's actions, and that was pretty weak anyway. Lap it up people, lap it all up.
That doesn't make it Jewish.

That probably just means that nobody really gives a shit about Gaza, and that even if they did criticise Israel, the general population isn't going to sympathise with a Muslim state over some nice Jewish fellows.

Be reasonable - not everything that is unsympathetic towards Arabs is Jewish.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
But that's just rebuilding, what about the homes lost, and everything in them? What about furniture that needs to be bought again? And people who need medical support for months, years or the rest of their lives?

Oh&i heard on another channel that it was 1 1/2 billion, yesterday.
What? Isn't that part of the rebuilding process, so should be included in the figure?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Good on Saudi Arabia. I hope it takes charge of the rebuilding and doesn't just give the money to Hamas else we'll see more Hamas leaders living abroad in huge mansions while their people continue to starve and live in squalors. They need to start with schools and schools that don't teach children to hate and kill.

Secondly Christian Zionists are greater in number and often more powerful than Jewish Zionists so the comment about are there any Israel supporters that aren't Jewish is stupid.

Thirdly Sderot enjoyed it's first day without any rocket attacks since Operation Cast Lead began :D

I hope the Palestinians use the $1 billion to bring peace and better themselves rather than try and worsen the lives of Israelis.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Amazing. A politician with a spine.

Getting away with murder - Opinion - smh.com.au

It seems that no matter what injustice Palestinians have suffered in the past 60 years, they should be grateful for the privilege of being able to live under the jackboot of Israeli occupation.

For three years since daring to democratically elect a government not favoured by Israel or the US, the people of Gaza have been subjected to a starvation blockade. Yet the civilised world has barely raised a note of concern. Is this the standard by which we judge the behaviour of nations? We talk about Darfur and Zimbabwe but say little of the gross abuse of human rights that occurs daily in the illegally occupied territories of the West Bank and Gaza. Our double standards have made a mockery of the doctrine of humanitarian intervention.

Our failure to condemn the totally disproportionate, not to say illegal, attacks by the Israeli Defence Force has changed the way conflict is regarded around the world. Last August, Russia employed the same tactics in its attack on Georgia as Israel did against Lebanon.

Neither Russia nor China sought UN Security Council emergency meetings in response to the Israeli attacks on Gaza. What happens in the Middle East today sets the standard for the world. And that applies to weapons as well as tactics.

Using cluster bombs or phosphorus bombs against civilian targets is perfectly legal if you can believe the Israeli Defence Force.

Assassinating Hamas leaders during a ceasefire does not constitute a breach. Collective punishments against communities, obstructing medical and humanitarian relief - all part of Israel's tactics - could now be considered acceptable behaviour in national and international conflict.
That doesn't make it Jewish.

That probably just means that nobody really gives a shit about Gaza, and that even if they did criticise Israel, the general population isn't going to sympathise with a Muslim state over some nice Jewish fellows.

Be reasonable - not everything that is unsympathetic towards Arabs is Jewish.
Even if they did criticise? Why in the world wouldn't anyone? You've got 1000+ civilians dead, 350+ of those are children and 70+ are women. Homes, schools and warehouses full of food and supplies have been bombed to the ground. ??? Israel's actions have always been described as self-defence, regardless of their aggressive occupation thats lasted decades. I find it reasonable to believe that there is strong Jewish influence behind media related to the Palestine issue because the main front is the media front, especially in the western world. The media in the US is worse, but seeing how we're always trying to put ourselves as far up America's *** as possible, I don't find it surprising. Anyway, I don't come on BoS to argue my point and to try and change how people think because I've been on BoS long enough to know that BoS is troll-heaven, and the people who can be rationalised with aren't worth the time to sift through all the rubbish. So I just post articles and what not for those who are interested, and if you're not I couldn't care less.

tempco

HSC
They need to start with schools and schools that don't teach children to hate and kill.
You don't need schools for that... you just need to stop IDF soldiers (some of them kids right outta high school fresh with their Zionist zeal) from abusing and killing parents in front of their kids. ;)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
The international community didn't raise a note of concern to the constant bombardment of Israeli land my Hamas terrorists and still doesn't...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You don't need schools for that... you just need to stop IDF soldiers (some of them kids right outta high school fresh with their Zionist zeal) from abusing and killing parents in front of their kids. ;)
Once again, if the cowards from Hamas weren't launching rockets and using human shields this wouldn't be an issue.

HSC
I'd say that rebuilding includes homes and the cost of replacement of fixtures, chattels etc. Plus living in a warzone without contents insurance is p. fucking retarded.
What? Isn't that part of the rebuilding process, so should be included in the figure?
No clue, according to the news people the 1 billion was just for rebuilding builds etc. Nothing else. >.<
it was on channel 7.

&waf, where can they move to? It's not like theyre all rich, and those who have no money can't go anywhere do you know of places they can move to and have been offered help, but they rejected it..?

JaredR said:
I hope the Palestinians use the $1 billion to bring peace and better themselves rather than try and worsen the lives of Israelis.
Don't kid yourself. It;s never going to happen. Both sides don't like one another, 'hope' won't make them love one another and forget what happened.

Mhm.

&people have came out and said it's Israelis 'right to defend itself from terrorists but they should stop because of the amount of civilians being hurt'.

Comparing the two, Israel has done worse than Hamas, even if you think Hamas is targetting civilians, Israel has bombed buildings with probably at least 50 people in them, and there were always children inside. In the end it's 'Hamas' fault for using human shields'. Nobody told Israel to bomb Hamas in Nov, nobody told them to not let the Palestinians get any supplies&starve the people, nobody told them to go to war with Hamas. They did it on their own, no matter what Hamas did, they acted on their own. They weren't forced to attack.

Since when did the death of two people make it right to kill 1,300 people?

Once again, if the cowards from Hamas weren't launching rockets and using human shields this wouldn't be an issue.
They aren't always human shields. Some are just people crossing the border, others are just walking in the street, some are coming home from work/school. Theyre always being searched and treated very badly.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Shifty, I'm sorry but what was the alternative?

1) For Israel to continue to tolerate rocketfire that will eventually reach major Israeli cities.
2) ForI Israel to pack up it's bags and head back to Europe, America and all the other countries that it's citizens came from (even though so many were born in Israel and it's their home)
3) For all Jews to walk into the Mediterannean.

I know many here would prefer option 2 or 3.

As for option 1 it's rediculous to expect any nation to tolerate constant rocketfire. Regardless of death tolls there is the constant fear and regular running to bomb shelters. Life isn't normal there...

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
LOL. JaredR, why the fuck didnt Israel belt the shit out of Gaza when the first rocket fire started 8 years ago? why 3 weeks before the elections?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I don't have any doubt it was an election ploy by Kadima who will desperately try and hold onto the Israeli Knesset. Israelis are looking for hardliners who will be tougher on terrorism and Israel's response, or lack thereof to the rocket crisis in Sderot and Southern Israel really got to the Israeli Public.

Needless to say that the increased weapons storage, increase in attacks and increase in funding by Iran and other Arab States which meant that Hamas had access to rockets that started shooting further into Israeli cities would also be good reason to severely damage their stockpile and armed force.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)