• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
"In Gaza what they're doing (the Israelis), they're not responding to rockets being launched by performing massacres against women and children and destroying Gaza... this is not logic."

"They (the Gazans) had two choices. To prolong the truce with the siege continuing, meaning dying of hunger and thirst and of desperation. The other choice was to end the truce for the sake of putting pressure on the enemy so they could reach a stage whereby the siege could be lifted off Gaza. And there was no choice. They didn't have any choice."

Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hezbollah.

Gerald10

HSC
But on the opposite of that Sam, Hamas are deliberately using mosques and schools as cover. Neither are doing anything ethical.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Gerald10 said:
But on the opposite of that Sam, Hamas are deliberately using mosques and schools as cover. Neither are doing anything ethical.
Dude that's their mosques. That's their schools. That's their families hiding in there. They do not want their family being blown up. They do not want their mosques being blown up. They can't build new mosques easily. What's more is it's not logical. It's not logical to kill a school full of children because one of it's ineffectual weapons which land in empty fields are fired from there. It's not logical. Even if you were willing to believe that bullshit line.

Gerald10

HSC
Well Sam it is logical if they make it appear that Israel is bombing Mosques and schools, women and children - that would ruin Israels international standing and legitmacy and eventually lead to the Palestinians having the weight of global support. They will do what they need to do to be freed - you can't eat a mosque or a school.

Im not saying its good or bad strategy, its unethical for sure, but its what (and why) they are doing it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Gerald10 said:
It goes back further than the aid block really. The palestinians were denied what was their rightful land and from then on have been oppressed (not genocide).

Iron its ludicrous to accuse anyone who is against the actions of Israel of being for the actions of Hamas. Neither side is being reasonable.
Both are in some absolute wrong, obviously. But we can squint through that and judge either side with more clarity. When I do this, I have more sympathy for Israel and dont for a minute buy the idea that they are these fascist thugs who spend every waking hour devising new schemes to physically annihilate the Palistinian people

Islam is not a religion of peace. This, to me, boils down the reason why the Palestinians are virtually the only oppressed minority who have been given the bum's rush by history. Where's the Christ figure who has shown courage and been willing to take a blow - several - to show that he will not strike back or turn away? Without grasping this principle, which Christ himself most powerfully grasped in the very land, the cause of the Palestinians has generated very little global sympathy and very little respect in Israel.

Last edited:

Gerald10

HSC
Iron said:
Both are in some absolute wrong, obviously. But we can squint through that and judge either side with more clarity. When I do this, I have more sympathy for Israel and dont for a minute buy the idea that they are these fascist thugs who spend every waking hour devising new schemes to physically annihilate the Palistinian people

Islam is not a religion of peace. This, to me, boils down the reason why the Palestinians are virtually the only oppressed minority who have been given the bum's rush by history. Where's the Christ figure who has shown courage and been willing to take a blow - several - to show that he will not strike back or turn away? Without grasping this principle, which Christ himself most powerfully grasped in the very land, the cause of the Palestinians has generated very little global sympathy and very little respect in Israel.
In Islam they are taught that oppression is a greater sin than killing. That is the Quaran teaches that an oppressed people can legitemately use force against their oppressors.

Thats my explanation of their actions which I can't personally justify. The reality is whether you take the Mandela way or the Ghandi way, freeing yourself from oppression takes great suffering.

I can understand your point of view - the Israelis were provoked. But at the same time the attacks from Hamas were not baseless and I understand the frustration of the Palestinians.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sure, but it boggles the mind to think that they actually believe that they can still destroy Israel and reclaim all the land for themselves. This is at least a failure of leadership

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Iron said:
Islam is not a religion of peace
What makes you say that? What the media portrays is where you get your information, pathetic lil kid.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We cant all go over there like Joe and figure this thing out on our own

Gerald10

HSC
Militarily they cannot defeat them Iron.

But no-one thought that an old guy wearing hand woven cloth could drive Britain from India non-violently but it happened.

As I said before their strategy for reclaiming their land is to claim international backing and the moral high ground (as Ghandi did). But Ghandi never violently provoked Britain or deliberately put women and children in harms way - which is the failing of their strategy.

I believe that everything is going to Hamas' plan - massive retaliation by Israel - they will win if it is so unreasonable that the international community will get behind Palestine (which won't happen).

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I thought the Pro-Hamas supporters really did their cause well when they hurled rocks and other objects at British police in front of the Israeli Embassy in London. Equally I enjoyed watching Arab youth destroy the streets of Paris with their racist hate-filled speech and destruction to public property.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
I thought the Pro-Hamas supporters really did their cause well when they hurled rocks and other objects at British police in front of the Israeli Embassy in London. Equally I enjoyed watching Arab youth destroy the streets of Paris with their racist hate-filled speech and destruction to public property.
I got them a lot of news coverage which was the best they could hope for, comrade.

I spit at police officers when protesting. lol!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Lets get over this 'no valid justification' biz. Thousands of rocket attacks over 8 years and Israel was pretty quiet. Would America wait 8 minutes in the same position? Would we expect them to? Israel is trying to keep its citizens out of harms way - Hamas is putting its citizens IN harms way.

Hundreds of civilians are dead and this is a tragedy, but is it at all comparable to, say, the firebombing of Dresden? How did the British react to the 'relatively minor' rocket attacks on its cities? The obliteration of Hiroshima? Israel has been as restrained and as careful as can be expected.

I'm all for Palestinian statehood, but the people are stupid. You dont provoke a nation like Israel
OMG!!!! Thats the silliest thing ever said on BOS, I couldnt even finish reading that post. I'd understand if it was coming from Aryanbeauty, but WTH Iron? Israel was never "quiet" (roflmao, btw), what have we been arguing about in other israel/palestine threads for the past 2 years. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
An interestingly messed up perspective with a possible grain of truth from Andrew Sullivan:

Time will either vindicate or quash this as fanciful rumour, but it does make me wonder somewhat.
So they're using innocent palestinian civillians as their guinea pigs?
Fair enough!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
If we looked at the shit Israel has done to Palestinians, and compared it with the shit Hamas has done to Israelis, i think Palestinians would have more reason to protect themselves than the Israelis.
So true.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
DkAssain said:
And how would you know that, again is it the media or is it your own thoughts which you have analysis with great thought and after this came to the conclusion that is true.

When you think about it not every religion is a peaceful religion.
I dont know what your thoughts on peace are.

But looking at all religions you cant clarify that all of them are peaceful, when you look at Christianity and Catholics you cant say they are peaceful.
Lets have a look at some historical events:
Adolf Hitler(Catholic)- Killed millions would you say that is peaceful. He did do it for Religion and now looking at the definition of Terrorism

terrorism - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear.

Therefore you can say that Adolf Hitler is a terrorist.

what about all the murders committed by many people of different religions.
Hitler didn't kill in the name of catholicism, hamas and hezbollah fight in the name of Islam. The fact you used hitler as an example of christianity shows you have no grasp of history whatsoever too.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Weapons used by israel against innocent gazan civilians:

-chaffs and flairs
- Phosphorous bombs
-cluster bombs
-depleeted uranium
- Dense Inert Metal Explosives
- merkavah tanks
-vacumm/thermobaric bombs

...and much more[/COLOR]

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
Weapons used by israel against innocent gazan civilians:

-chaffs and flairs
- Phosphorous bombs
-cluster bombs
-depleeted uranium
- Dense Inert Metal Explosives
- merkavah tanks
-vacumm/thermobaric bombs

...and much more[/COLOR]
So do you just pick a random weapon from wikipedia and say "Israel uses this to kill civilians!" or what?

ISRAEL USES GUNPOWDER PROPELLED METAL SLUGS TO CAUSE FATAL PERFORATIONS IN THE VITAL ORGANS OF CIVILIANS!

Oh, wow. That is easy!

Last edited:

Zionist

HSC
Critics Say French TV Network Broadcast Fabricated Footage in Gaza, Again
Monday, January 12, 2009

French public TV show footage from a Gaza grocery apparently empty of food -- even as a reflection shows fully stocked shelves. 'There is no milk. There is nothing here,' the report said.

France 2 Public Television aired video showing the purported aftermath of an Israel Air Force strike in the Palestinian territory, which has been under siege by the Israeli military for more than two weeks. But the footage was actually amateur video shot during a 2005 incident involving Gaza civilians killed in an explosion caused by militants.

The footage shows dozens of bodies, including Hamas gunmen and civilians. In the report, the narrator claimed the victims were killed in an Israeli bombing raid. But it soon surfaced that France 2 had erroneously aired the 3-year-old aftermath of the explosion of a gruck filled with ammunition and incendiary devices.

Click here to see the phony footage.

Alerted to the error, France 2 executives admitted the mistake, calling it an "internal malfunction" and formally apologizing to viewers on air.:idea: France 2's head of news reporting, Etienne Leenhardt, described the footage misuse as an error, saying the sequence was "intended to illustrate the war of images on the Internet. The people who put it together worked too fast."
FOXNews.com - Critics Say French TV Network Broadcast Fabricated Footage in Gaza, Again - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

OOPS Pallywood done it again :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)