• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

sasha0101

HSC
Jordan.J said:
They actually hold 23 seats. Research is quite helpful
the '3' didnt come out...hence y i was being sarcastic in saying that they ONLY hold 23 seats, thats 18%..its still a hefty amount of influence that they shine on the lebanese population...unfortunate that terrorists r given any power at all

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
A 'Senior united nations official' is not the voice of the united nations I'm afraid.
They actually had a report on ch 9 news tonight as they were touring the southern area of Beirut. Apartments block after apartment blocks were destroyed. Whole streets in ruins. These were peoples homes.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
sasha0101 said:
the '3' didnt come out...hence y i was being sarcastic in saying that they ONLY hold 23 seats, thats 18%..its still a hefty amount of influence that they shine on the lebanese population...unfortunate that terrorists r given any power at all

Right.....If you did further research you will find that Hezbollah have an alliance with the Free Patriotic Movement, which is mainly a Maronite Christian party.

So as a political force, Hezbollah wont go away anytime soon

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
They actually had a report on ch 9 news tonight as they were touring the southern area of Beirut. Apartments block after apartment blocks were destroyed. Whole streets in ruins. These were peoples homes.
Yes but do you have any proof that they're targetting them? Hezbollah are a geurilla force that blends in with the population and more than likely makes up a large part of the population around that area.

sasha0101

HSC
Jordan.J said:
Right.....If you did further research you will find that Hezbollah have an alliance with the Free Patriotic Movement, which is mainly a Maronite Christian party.

So as a political force, Hezbollah wont go away anytime soon
meh, we'll see about that!

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes but do you have any proof that they're targetting them? Hezbollah are a geurilla force that blends in with the population and more than likely makes up a large part of the population around that area.
The answer to the first question came in the second part of your post.

If Hezbollah blend in, then targeting them will surely cause civilian deaths.

Theres only been a handful of Hezbollah deaths, but the civilian casualty is over 330

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If Hezbollah blend in, then targeting them will surely cause civilian deaths.

Theres only been a handful of Hezbollah deaths, but the civilian casualty is over 330
I'm yet to believe these figures. Also, even if there's only been a handful of hezbollah deaths, wouldn't that mean (if they're targetting civilians) that hezbollah IS with the civilians? Anyway I don't buy it that Israel is purposely attacking civilians, I cannot see any possible logic to it.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I'm yet to believe these figures. Also, even if there's only been a handful of hezbollah deaths, wouldn't that mean (if they're targetting civilians) that hezbollah IS with the civilians? Anyway I don't buy it that Israel is purposely attacking civilians, I cannot see any possible logic to it.
Israel have stated that they want to put pressure on the Lebanese government and its people so they turn against Hezbollah. They want Lebanese public opinion to be heavily against Hezbollah, but I do think so far its backfired on them.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
what really gets me cut, is all those dual-citizens who live in Lebanon and flee to Australia with their new found patriotism and complain about how long australia is taking to get them out. farken.

sasha0101

HSC
CharlieB said:
what really gets me cut, is all those dual-citizens who live in Lebanon and flee to Australia with their new found patriotism and complain about how long australia is taking to get them out. farken.
well put!!

CharlieB said:
like it or not they are australian citizens and should have the same rights, how do you know how many are dual citizens anyway living in Lebanon, the vast majority live in both countries. People are assuming all these wogs and lebs use australia as a bomb shelter and live in lebanon, and then complain, the australian lebanese community in australia did complain, they have a right to, so did the australian lebanese waiting for ships in beirut who had australian accents, how do you know that the ones who live in lebanon were complaining?

What really gets me is FOX news interviews where they claim Israel is defending themselves, only targetting hezbolah, then the reporter asks look how big the damage is how do you explain that, and they reply Israel is punishing Lebanon for letting this happen. So how can you say theyre only targeting hezbolah???? Fucking idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
CharlieB said:
The Australian citizens who are tourists in Lebanon are being evacuated.

The dual citizens are also being evacuated, but the difference is they pay the bill. I think thats reasonable

turtleface

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
... ?

Of course Israel doesn't target civilians on purpose, thats only something the U.S. is evil enough to do. What appears to be happening is that Israel doesn't give a shit if civilians die, because to them killing a lebanese person is like killing an ant. Insignificant. Along the lines of: How dare those ants kill our soldiers, we'll pour boiling water down their holes to flush out the murderers, its a shame that other ants will die too. Oh well.

And of course Hezbollah live amongst civilians. Its not like they are a band of indigenous barbarians who live in the hills outside of normal society. Its a sign of the effectiveness of the Israeli propaganda machine that you no longer associate Hezbollah of being people at all, rather some totem that you can vent your hatred at.

Hezbollah members are people. They live in cities and towns. So do civilians. Of course they'll die along with civilians when Israel drops shit on buildings.

jenzipoo

HSC
what baffles me is at the start of the war many countries (including australia, usa, canada, britain, russia and many more) claimed they had between 15000 and 25000 people stcuk in lebanon...

y are there so many people with foriegn (and mainly dual) ciizenships doing in the country???

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
what baffles me is at the start of the war many countries (including australia, usa, canada, britain, russia and many more) claimed they had between 15000 and 25000 people stcuk in lebanon...

y are there so many people with foriegn (and mainly dual) ciizenships doing in the country???
Good question

Firstly, it's holiday season, so there'll be quite a few people holidaying in Lebanon. The tourism industry in Lebanon has increased significantly in the past few years.

Secondly, because of the civil war many people fled Lebanon to places like Australia, U.S.A, Canada, France etc. and they hold dual citizinship. After the war, many went back to Lebanon but some stayed.

jenzipoo

HSC
turtleface said:
... ?

Of course Israel doesn't target civilians on purpose, thats only something the U.S. is evil enough to do. What appears to be happening is that Israel doesn't give a shit if civilians die, because to them killing a lebanese person is like killing an ant. Insignificant. Along the lines of: How dare those ants kill our soldiers, we'll pour boiling water down their holes to flush out the murderers, its a shame that other ants will die too. Oh well.

And of course Hezbollah live amongst civilians. Its not like they are a band of indigenous barbarians who live in the hills outside of normal society. Its a sign of the effectiveness of the Israeli propaganda machine that you no longer associate Hezbollah of being people at all, rather some totem that you can vent your hatred at.

Hezbollah members are people. They live in cities and towns. So do civilians. Of course they'll die along with civilians when Israel drops shit on buildings.
please kindly show me where it says that israel has no regard for civilian or lebanese lives...coz i would love to show you its quite on the contrary!!!
YOU are the one who has in fact fallen into the propaganda trap..

hmm im quite amazed u can hezbollah people...yes maybe by your defintion that you can define people by things that live in houses, cities and towns...
very primitive and simplistic..
i personally would like to place humanity on some sort of higher pedastal than that...leaving those ill minded pigs behind

people that harbour, 'educate' and issue other 'people' to blow themselves up killing those around them for the pure prpose that they are jewish (or israeli) cannot and will not be defined as humans....they are sick indiviudals that need to be stopped and removed from planet earth

do not get me wrong...our earth and its occupants are not perfect but to place such grotesque things anywhere near the definition of a human is vulgar

sasha0101

HSC
TURTLEFACE! id like u to support ur notion that israeli sees the arabs as merely ants, that they mean nothing to them, that its just another death....israel is a nation of people with the most profound sense of morals, as jews, they believe that one life is just as important as the lives of many...ever attack is monitored so that it kills as few civilians as possible, tho the terrorists dont care, they merely live amongst their lebanese friends, hoping to put them in the line of fire so that the fukin news has something to comment on...and yes, as FOX puts it, israel is defending itself, as it has been for the past 60 years, more...it shits me to have to keep restating these facts on this forum, when will it finally sink in?!

tempco

HSC
jenzipoo said:
please kindly show me where it says that israel has no regard for civilian or lebanese lives...coz i would love to show you its quite on the contrary!!!
YOU are the one who has in fact fallen into the propaganda trap..
Hezbollah shoots rockets into Israel. Israel determines the origin of these rockets and launches its own attack to counter Hezbollah's rockets and hopefully take down some of Hezbollah. Whether or not the area is civilian is irrelevant.

That's the impression I got from the 60 minutes interview anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)