It's the end...the dawn is upon us (1 Viewer)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I kind of know what you mean. But even now when I come in to return things to teachers I feel this weird 'out of place'-ness. Like I'm intruding into another world and all the kids have got this thing that I'm no longer part of... it's really strange! Do you know what I mean? Like when you're not waiting for an exam but just going somewhere in the school and seeing that there's nobody from your year anywhere anymore.
Do you feel you belong then, Peter?

SpreadTheWord

HSC
In terms of social life & freedom : Definitely uni
In terms of workload : You'll wanna go back to high school
You serious? I though the workload would have been less in Uni, especially if you enjoy the subject. Because if you think, now in school we have to do subjects we detest, and plus at least another 4/5 subjects at the very least, of which require a lot of attention and work.

For my uni - full time, im only going to be in contact with lecturers for 14-18 hours. That is not a lot.

Studymates

HSC
yeah i know man,i'm going to miss everyone
it's sad that only like 40/180 guys in our year will go to uni
and of those 40 only like 20 will go to UNSW
i hope there is a reunion soon :)

steph xx

HSC
i have absolutely no nostalgia attached to leaving school, cannot wait to sign out and be done with it all.

einhardkoch

HSC
N/A
can't help being emotional on graduation day...i actually cried.haha

Sammy2011

HSC
I'll be sad to leave because everyone in my group is going their seperate ways; we're all going to different universities and we're all the type of people who don't really make an effort to go out all the time, so I'm afraid we'll loose contact.

However, I'm looking forward to University, learning new things and meeting new people who share my interests :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'll be sad to leave because everyone in my group is going their seperate ways; we're all going to different universities and we're all the type of people who don't really make an effort to go out all the time, so I'm afraid we'll loose contact.

However, I'm looking forward to University, learning new things and meeting new people who share my interests :)
Why do I read that in Summer's voice...?

That avatar of yours. <_<

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I was actually feeling rather sad to leave high school for the last time today. I was excited to be out of my last exam but while I was wandering the halls and playground looking for teachers to sign off my completion form I was overcome with nostalgia for it. Most of the memories I had of high school and adolescence were spent in those walls and while it wasn't all good, it was certainly a very enjoyable experience. Seeing the 2012 graduation class' Extension 2 English class also made me feel nostalgic, that I was in that position one year ago, only just beginning the dive into the creation of our major works. Time seemed to fly by from then to now, and I'll certainly miss the great times and people I made and had in those 5 years there.

Excuse the nostalgia attack there and excuse the Extension English-level pretension. Just, feeling a little overwhelmed by the end of an era.

Last edited:

Glorious

HSC
It's pretty upsetting. I remember yesterday after my last exam, my heart was just beating too fast. I was all over the place, not knowing what to do or where to go, until I found my mum beeping at me just outside. Even she got emotional - her eyes getting teary. I don't know, but if you've balanced everything out in high school - in terms of the social and academic aspects, then it's hard not to miss it or yearn to live the experience again.

All in all, we have to move on - such is life, my friends.

Hopefully I'll meet nice friends at uni next year - UNSW. Yes, I agree with a comment I read above (forgot by who) that it was filled with Asians on open day, but it's all good - even though I'm not Asian doesn't mean I won't be friends with any. It all comes down to interests and all.

Congratulations to everyone! :)

itszen

HSC
i hated high school for me. A lot of um idiots in my school just wanna mess around, throughout high school i held onto the hope that after 6 years of misery uni's going to be a blast with no such people in uni.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i hated high school for me. A lot of um idiots in my school just wanna mess around, throughout high school i held onto the hope that after 6 years of misery uni's going to be a blast with no such people in uni.
Sorry, you'll find people get much worse at times.

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure uni will be 10x+ better in regards to amount of idiots that just wanna mess around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)