I've Just Begun...and I'm Buggered (1 Viewer)

meaghan_louise

HSC
I've just finished my first week of year 11 and I am absolutely exhausted...I have no idea how I am going to cope for the rest of the year, not to mention year 12! Any of youse got any advice on how you handle the early starts and all the work load...any advice from pigging out on chocolate to studying would be appreciated. :)

Stan..

HSC
Just relax, get you assesments in on time and stay positive about everything. Remember that this dosen't count towards you HSC so don't exaust youself before you start Yr12.

sladehk

le random
HSC
just found out about the english assessment in wk 9 :(

chelle88

HSC
I'm like really exhausted too, and I haven't had any assignment, and I had like a million free periods but im absolutely exhausted

Can't wait till my hsc is over :)

Mumma

HSC
Yeah me too... We're using the cambridge 3U maths textbook. Those extension questions are bitches...

sladehk

le random
HSC
i only have5 frees per cycle *sign*

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmm
this first week wasn't too bad :)
we had swimming carnival that took care of 1 day ^^
and yerh ... i rekon i'd be able to last! :D

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I wasnt always the best one at turning up to school full of energy.. i was pretty much always exhausted in prelim... the early mornings threw me off a bit and my only advice there is to NOT WORK LATE NIGHTS and to try and get a good nights sleep. If you have timetabled study days use them to your full advantage, sleep in for as long as you want, then wake up fresh and after having a shower get stuck into your work. Try to get as much sleep as you can on the weekends too.

In regards to homework and getting stuff done, USE YOUR STUDY PERIODS. Honestly, i only started using mine after term 2 and it worked wonders.... it lessens your workload for the night time where you can focus on assessment tasks or just getting some sleep.

Oh and chocolate should DEFINETLY be consumed... whenever you can find an excuse to eat it :)

Hope that helps :)

roadcone

HSC
haha oh i remember this time last year, it was a bit of a shock really.. but dont worry it settles down and u'll get used to it heaps quick.. if its any thing like my school the teachers were hell sero for the first couple weeks giving out a shitload of homework and stuff basicly to get the kids who shouldnt really be doing year 11 and 12 to consider leaving

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its probably because you have had such a long holiday and your not used to the school thing. You will be surprised how easily you forget how tiring school actually is.

jennylim

HSC
Mumma said:
Yeah me too... We're using the cambridge 3U maths textbook. Those extension questions are bitches...
oh my god yes. i even find development hard. haha ohhh boy im looking fwd to my hsc =S

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
roadcone said:
haha oh i remember this time last year, it was a bit of a shock really.. but dont worry it settles down and u'll get used to it heaps quick.. if its any thing like my school the teachers were hell sero for the first couple weeks giving out a shitload of homework and stuff basicly to get the kids who shouldnt really be doing year 11 and 12 to consider leaving
haha yeah, my teachers would often tell me they were handing out shitloads of homework to get rid of the 'dead wood'... it was pretty funny. Some are still working on it :)

Yeah as you said, it gets easier... I cant really remember wat it was like in year 10 when there were no early morning lessons and stuff..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Avoid sugar. My chem teacher bribed us with glucose packed goodies, and now we're at uni and have sugar addictions that result in us pigging out at Pinkies (uni junk food shop)

roadcone

HSC
_muse_ said:
haha yeah, my teachers would often tell me they were handing out shitloads of homework to get rid of the 'dead wood'... it was pretty funny. Some are still working on it :)
haha so true.. yeah we had at least 9 or 10 people leave in the first fortnight, and then since we got back to school this year already about 5 have decided its all too hard and left

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sladehk said:
i only have5 frees per cycle *sign*
I had none last year and managed to get through it. Don't push yourself too hard this year, you'll need the energy next year.

sladehk

le random
HSC
is it true that people take a lot of vitamins and pills to get off depression and stuff in yr12?

HSC
i felt very tired first term of yr11, its normal dw

dont do what i do and for the first 2 terms work 6 days a week, i burnt myself out, got only top 10% in 2 subjects, and bombed out in BS/ENG and i had low iron and zinc levels

youll get used to it

B

badhairday

the transition from year 10 to year 11 is usually tough on some people. year 10 especially is a bludgy year after the school certifcate finishes and year 11 can be difficult with all the new subjects.
The only advice i would offer is not to stress out too much because the preliminary doesnt count to your hsc. after first term it should be alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)