James Ruse Agricultural High (1 Viewer)

cHoke-meh

HSC
So, is there anything really special about Ruse that i should know before going? Also, what are the facilities like there e.g. tech labs, library, gym etc etc? Just want to compare to how a public school might differ to my old private one.

chaldoking

HSC
James Ruse is a school like any other school. Nothing better, nothing less.

sdd10

HSC
N/A
cHoke-meh said:
So, is there anything really special about Ruse that i should know before going? Also, what are the facilities like there e.g. tech labs, library, gym etc etc? Just want to compare to how a public school might differ to my old private one.
Kevin C., is that you? Congrats in getting into Ruse. SPC will miss you (not really :p)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
Yet they seem to thrash every other school out there.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
chaldoking said:
Hahahahaha yeah despite the fact they've SUBSTANTIALLY ripped every other school academically.

Shenzi

HSC
cHoke-meh said:
everything's really shit, dude

i've heard there's squeaky doors, newspaper ceilings, leaking taps/rooves, toilets that don't flush, shocking plumbing, next to none air conditioning, angry arse teachers, bent chair legs, dents in the whiteboards, smelly gyms, libraries with only books published last century, and like, one computer to share between each grade. oh yeah, and NO smart boards, far out.

so yeah it's pretty shit out here, in us public schoolz.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Shenzi said:

i've heard there's squeaky doors, newspaper ceilings, leaking taps/rooves, toilets that don't flush, shocking plumbing, next to none air conditioning, angry arse teachers, bent chair legs, dents in the whiteboards, smelly gyms, libraries with only books published last century, and like, one computer to share between each grade. oh yeah, and NO smart boards, far out.

Uhh... it's not quite that bad. normal doors, normal ceilings, normal toilets, actually some of the buildings don't have aircon but it's not that bad, teachers are mainly pretty good, occaisional dodgy chairs, who gives a crap about the whiteboards, no gym [still! == ], library is pretty modern, and more computers than anyone ever uses. And I think we have a smartboard... somewhere.

In terms of facilities, about 5 computer labs + library computers, drama room now has mirrors for those who are into dancing, for your own sake avoid the farm like the plague.

Congrats on getting into Ruse =] But on your subject choice, not sure if there's going to be a SDD class as most people did it accelerated in yr9-10, and you might have to do Catholic studies through correspondance or something.

cHoke-meh

HSC
x jiim said:
Congrats on getting into Ruse =] But on your subject choice, not sure if there's going to be a SDD class as most people did it accelerated in yr9-10, and you might have to do Catholic studies through correspondance or something.
Thx :) Really Catholic Studies? I hope to God not... :D And FFS if i cant do SDD. That was one of three subjects i was actually looking forward to for Yrs 11 and 12. TT_TT

Shenzi said:

wtf @? If that was meant to be a retort to me, my question wasn't meant to be insulting to public schools. And if it wasn't, my mistake :D

Last edited:

bettina44

HSC
i had a friend who decline cause she was trying out for house captain at her school

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
bettina44 said:
i had a friend who decline cause she was trying out for house captain at her school
Wow, house captain. That's so and high up on the student body's chain of command. Way to throw away a (in pretty much all cases), guaranteed 98.5+ UAI.

Crates

Banned
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
shut up High fag, you're just as nerdy as Ruse but you guys are just shitter in exams, sports, and life.
What school did you go to?

chaldoking

HSC
Aerath said:
Yet they seem to thrash every other school out there.
Yeh they do but thats because they have this 'secret method' i remember their principle was speaking about lol and his like I am unable to share that with you. Its the whole ranking system, thats all. I think Sydney Boys can beat them - but they have been focusing alot on sport, from what I heard from a guy who use to go there. Keep in mind Ruse has the "cream of the crop" another thing there principle said LOL.

sasa-o8

HSC
chaldoking said:
Yeh they do but thats because they have this 'secret method' i remember their principle was speaking about lol and his like I am unable to share that with you. Its the whole ranking system, thats all. I think Sydney Boys can beat them - but they have been focusing alot on sport, from what I heard from a guy who use to go there. Keep in mind Ruse has the "cream of the crop" another thing there principle said LOL.
Wow, EX2 aye?

*he's
* their
*principal

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: James Ruse Agricultural High

chaldoking said:
Their whole ranking system? What?

chaldoking

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: James Ruse Agricultural High

tommykins said:
Their whole ranking system? What?
Yeh like the lowest rank will secure you a UAI of 97.

chaldoking

HSC
If you go to resources and look at the JRAHS past papers you find a trend that begins to form ie "open book tests" :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: James Ruse Agricultural High

chaldoking said:
Yeh like the lowest rank will secure you a UAI of 97.
False.
And i don't see any relevance of their exams being easy/hard making their school the topschool in the state?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)