Jap vs Euro Cars (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Re: Hot Hatches for sub-30k

Japs have not came up with their own concept and are all copies of euros. the first cars on this planet were euros, and stay true to their originality and character. take a mazda 3 and hop in one to feel the absolute dullness of it. feels like a machine. its like buying a fridge.. something to get the job done. mass produced cheap and nasty! take a cooper s and look at what they have created! its been a classic since the first was released. character, class and performance.
my point is that japs came in second and have been copying euros since day one. everyone knows this! mazda 2 is just an alfa 147..
if they could come up with something purely jap and nothing copied id lay off them.
anyway who buys a DSG if they want a driving experience? the manuals were solid as hell. ps they did recall DSG anyway..
VW own Bugatti so i don't know why you're even trying to say skylines and evos even compare.. mitsubishi make microwaves and A/C stick to that you can't make a car!!!!!!!!!!
And yes the swift is a copy of the mini. the sport is known to be based off the cooper s. flat top roof copied. ect...
euros kill japs and it hurts to read all the ricer lovers.. i just don't get how you've come to it.. mclaren f1 vs skyline or whatever the 'great' map car is.. wouldn't even compare to the performance/engineering/performance!
You're butthurt, what type of child says this shit :lol:

Learn to not be one

who

HSC

I agree to an extent. But we can't just come out and say jap cars are copies of other cars (although some models do look similar to others). This is how cars come along, you have to take idea from others and modify. Everyone knows the GTI golf is the hot hatch and it's been that way for a long time, but then again the Type R civic has got quite some rep and if you've sat in one/driven one, you'll know why.

Maybe some people buy DSG cos they're too lazy to drive manual first thing in the morning everyday ;)
haha yeah the GTI set the standards for the 'hot hatch' with the mk1! vw have even advertised something to do with copies of the GTI..
i know what you mean about with the new type R! 5th gear love it but its still the new techy jap kid on the block. top gear really don't rate jap cars and although its pretty bias i absolutely love watching clarkson rubbish the new 'suzukis' or whatever comes on..

but seriously.. no disputes or arguing. we all know fair and square that euros are the greater car over japs. The history behind euros are amazing! lets look into the corolla, hahahahahahahahahahaha wow theres a laugh! id rather saw fingers off than drive that thing!

also, this is one of my greatest points: jap drivers are absolute tools!!!!!! your fully sick lebo driving a prelude with a cannon think they're the next shumaker!!!
your euro driver: driving a gti with mild and seamless mods who are a delight to society. made something of themselves and rewarded their hard work with a 40k car.

to the OP: just get a popular euro and you'll love it. 147 gta ;)

who

HSC

You're butthurt, what type of child says this shit :lol:

Learn to not be one
yeah great. i think I've opened up your views on jap cars and are sitting there speechless!
go crash your toy little pulsar or similarly rubbish jap machine.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Japs have not came up with their own concept and are all copies of euros. the first cars on this planet were euros, and stay true to their originality and character. take a mazda 3 and hop in one to feel the absolute dullness of it. feels like a machine. its like buying a fridge.. something to get the job done. mass produced cheap and nasty!
Have you seen the 2014 Mazda 3 and read the reviews? Looks better than any recent Euro small car in my opinion and the reviews suggest the base model handles as well as euro hot hatches. Not even an MPS version yet.

if they could come up with something purely jap and nothing copied id lay off them.
You haven't stopped talking about examples of these. Every single Skyline or GTR, evo and wrx are distinctly japanese.

VW own Bugatti so i don't know why you're even trying to say skylines and evos even compare.. mitsubishi make microwaves and A/C stick to that you can't make a car!!!!!!!!!!
And yes the swift is a copy of the mini. the sport is known to be based off the cooper s. flat top roof copied. ect...
euros kill japs and it hurts to read all the ricer lovers.. i just don't get how you've come to it.. mclaren f1 vs skyline or whatever the 'great' map car is.. wouldn't even compare to the performance/engineering/performance!
I don't know why you insist on comparing 7 figure hypercars to sub 6 figure sports cars. The Lexus LFA would be the only car which retails for anywhere near enough to be compared to supercars, and the journalists love it. It's not a hypercar and not an exercise in excess like the Veyron or F1 so I can already see you being smug about it, but that's not the point. Toyota/Lexus could have made it AWD and used a less exotic but turbo charged engine and created a Veyron killer if they wanted to. It's ironic that some Euro fan boys harp on about "soul" and driving characteristics but don't get it and criticise cars like the 86.

Whatever you may think cars like the Honda NSX, Lexus LS400 and Mazda MX5 changed EVERYTHING for their respective markets. The designer of the McLaren F1 for example used the Honda NSX as the benchmark.

I do consider myself a fan of Japanese cars, but I like a wide range of cars (recently began to appreciate Aussie and US muscle) it's just most modern euro cars just don't appeal to me. I was looking forward to the Alfa 4C, but what i've been reading lately seems to suggest Alfa has somehow made a mid engined RWD sports car with average handling. The headlight covers are inexcusable too and ruined the looks, thankfully I believe that is only for release models.

Anyway, if you want to continue debating this i'll start a new thread and move all these off topic posts there?

this is incredible! must watch and you'll stop the defensive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRYdYg26-k0
I've seen that before and I find it funny, the Toyota Yaris Estate or whatever it is at the end that he is complaining about is the spitting image of a Skoda Yeti.

Jeremy Clarkson is known for his bias, but that hasn't stopped him from mentioning multiple times in multiple sources that he believes the LFA is the best car period. The fact that he has mentioned it multiple times in multiple places is important, he seems to say conflicting things. He only had praise for the ferrari 348 in old top gear but later admitted it was horrible and has talked crap about certain Japanese cars which he has then included in his top car lists (for e.g. 240z)

Last edited:

who

HSC

Have you seen the 2014 Mazda 3 and read the reviews? Looks better than any recent Euro small car in my opinion and the reviews suggest the base model handles as well as euro hot hatches. Not even an MPS version yet.

haha yeah looks typically jap! trying to copy a merc a45 amy or something. load of rubbish. mazda will never have the same reputation as a euro of their class. even a citroen would kill a mazda hahahaha

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Who's argument is kinda funny...pls continue.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

haha yeah looks typically jap! trying to copy a merc a45 amy or something. load of rubbish. mazda will never have the same reputation as a euro of their class. even a citroen would kill a mazda hahahaha
Take your head out of the sand please.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

This might come as a surprise to you, but cars tend to look like cars. The A45 looks pretty similar to the m135i, but if you put them together with a 2014 mazda 3 anyone with half a brain would realise that each has their own distinct design language and style.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

yeah great. i think I've opened up your views on jap cars and are sitting there speechless!
go crash your toy little pulsar or similarly rubbish jap machine.
dat keyboard warrior

You're actually wrong, if you look at my previous posts in numerous car threads i am a massive fan of euros, jap and muscle. What makes me different from you is that i'm not one eyed, i like or at least appreciate the engineering that goes into cars i don't actually like instead of bagging them out.

My point is that there is no need to bag out other cars as "shit", we all have different tastes.

who

HSC

This might come as a surprise to you, but cars tend to look like cars. The A45 looks pretty similar to the m135i, but if you put them together with a 2014 mazda 3 anyone with half a brain would realise that each has their own distinct design language and style.
seriously mate you really need to wake up and realise that all I'm saying is japanese cars are COPIES with no soul or character.
IT IS KNOWN. IT IS A FACT. why do you keep trying to say otherwise? yes, they are great in terms of reliability and how cheap they are but for anyone that loves cars and perhaps had a car collection in a big garage.. do you think you'd walk in and see an eg civic/ mx5? no! youd see classic jags or restored beetles! these cars are the heart and soul of the car industry! if you're trying to say that japanese cars even come close i think you should have a serious think about your life.

JAPANESE CARS: good reliable cars. no soul or character. genuine mass produced feel. can be compared to a household appliance e.g. washing machine.
EURO CARS: Got everything going for them!

JAP OR EURO TAKE YOUR PICK.. I'm just merely expressing my opinion (which i feel is the right opinion)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

seriously mate you really need to wake up and realise that all I'm saying is japanese cars are COPIES with no soul or character.
IT IS KNOWN. IT IS A FACT. why do you keep trying to say otherwise? yes, they are great in terms of reliability and how cheap they are but for anyone that loves cars and perhaps had a car collection in a big garage.. do you think you'd walk in and see an eg civic/ mx5? no! youd see classic jags or restored beetles! these cars are the heart and soul of the car industry! if you're trying to say that japanese cars even come close i think you should have a serious think about your life.

JAPANESE CARS: good reliable cars. no soul or character. genuine mass produced feel. can be compared to a household appliance e.g. washing machine.

JAP OR EURO TAKE YOUR PICK.. I'm just merely expressing my opinion (which i feel is the right opinion)
You're fucked. If you had enough money you wouldn't have to choose, you would have both...

who

HSC

^^^^ nah still wouldn't.. id never own a jap car

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

What makes you think that an individual can't put their heart and soul into a japanese car? Can't modding be a rewarding experience? Can't individual's express themselve's no matter what car they own?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

^^^^ nah still wouldn't.. id never own a jap car
lol butthurt comment for getting cut.

I respect your choice, not everyone likes a specific style of car. What i don't like is when people like you act like children and say one is better than the other.

who

HSC

What makes you think that an individual can't put their heart and soul into a japanese car? Can't modding be a rewarding experience? Can't individual's express themselve's no matter what car they own?
majority of jdm kids are A-holes who think an illest sticker is gonna make gains.
do you ever see cops pull over the p plater in a r32? no. How about the fully sick civic with dat HUGE cannon? yeah they will. BECAUSE THEY ARE A HOLES!!!!!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

but for anyone that loves cars and perhaps had a car collection in a big garage.. do you think you'd walk in and see an eg civic/ mx5?
You just described Jay Leno. Jay Leno has a Miata (mx5) in his collection.

IT IS KNOWN. IT IS A FACT. why do you keep trying to say otherwise?
That's not all you are saying. You keep changing your tune and have just centred in on something I won't deny. Early Japanese cars were copies, just as blatant as the chinese are doing. Ever since then many Japanese cars have definitely been influenced by other cars - some more than others. But so have Euro cars, I don't know why a Japanese company "copying" a European car is any different than a European company "copying" a car from another European company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)