Jessica Watson... (1 Viewer)

HalcyonSky

HSC
its an accomplishment but should be kept to herself...after all she did it for herself...otherwise its just a publicity stunt...i wonder why there was so much attention about it? someone leaked the story to the media
yeah, her boat was covered in sponsorship logos like ONE HD, looking at all the logos on one side of the yacht there's at least 20 sponsors.. her website is also advertised on the yacht which advertises her sponsors and sells shit like baseball caps and posters

shit was definitely leaked to the media

$10 says if she was fat nobody would care

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Some people get excited about the accomplishments of others.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Some people get excited about the accomplishments of others.
how is sitting in a yacht posting on twitter and fingerbanging yourself while your yacht is on autopilot an accomplishment?

Sailing Alone Around the World (1899) is a sailing memoir by Joshua Slocum about his single-handed global circumnavigation aboard the sloop Spray. Slocum was the first person to sail around the world alone. The book was an immediate success and highly influential in inspiring later travelers.

in 1899, it wouldve been impressive

2010? not so much

if she climbed everest or something i'd have given a shit

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
how is sitting in a yacht posting on twitter and fingerbanging yourself while your yacht is on autopilot an accomplishment?

in 1899, it wouldve been impressive

2010? not so much

if she climbed everest or something i'd have given a shit
wtfs up with the dead gooks in ur sig?

Yo1anda

HSC
wtfs up with the dead gooks in ur sig?
yeah wondering this also
creeps the fuck out of me.

lol @ my aunt who is like "YOU GIRLS NEED TO ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING, THIS GIRL IS SO OPENMINDED, SO WORLDLY"

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Off you go then, if it's so easy.

I couldn't do it. Couldn't spend 7 months alone on the ocean. I'd go spare.

Edit- haha yeah afterwards I was like "Hrmm what did I do when I was 16? Nothing"

HalcyonSky

HSC
Off you go then, if it's so easy.

I couldn't do it. Couldn't spend 7 months alone on the ocean. I'd go spare.

Edit- haha yeah afterwards I was like "Hrmm what did I do when I was 16? Nothing"
yeah off i go in my imaginary $300,000 yacht

as i said i dont see its much of an accomplishment so why would i bother cakewalking it?

in 2006 a 15 year old australian called Chris Harris attempted to ascend everest but failed, and he'd already climbed some of the toughest mountains in the world when he was just 14

have you heard of him? no

did he get greeted by the prime minister, flocked by media, and acclaimed as a hero on his return ? no

would he have if he was a 16 yr old slightly attractive girl sponsored by a million companies? probably

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
yeah off i go in my imaginary $300,000 yacht

as i said i dont see its much of an accomplishment so why would i bother cakewalking it?

in 2006 a 15 year old australian called Chris Harris attempted to ascend everest but failed, and he'd already climbed some of the toughest mountains in the world when he was just 14

did he get greeted by the prime minister, flocked by media, and acclaimed as a hero on his return ? no

would he have if he was a 16 yr old slightly attractive girl sponsored by a million companies? probably
whats with the dead gooks in ur sig lol

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Meh.

I'll give her some credit because she did something that I couldn't do. Not now and not when I was 16.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about - yeah it's kinda amazing but I wouldn't sit to watch her come into the harbour or get on my boat and follow her in. Maybe it's different if your a boat person *shrugs*

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

Needs to get her teeth fixed, otherwise not bad

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about - yeah it's kinda amazing but I wouldn't sit to watch her come into the harbour or get on my boat and follow her in. Maybe it's different if your a boat person *shrugs*
Chemical Ali would moor his boat in her harbour

absorber

HSC
so she finally arrived bak to australiaa

do you bosers care? lmao
Her parents are irresponsible and frankly shouldn't have let her do it. She risked her life, and potentially many other professionals' lives if something bad had happened (that is, rescue teams etc). Why the fuck should she get all this great publicity? For all this she didn't break the record

some one body

HSC
how do they know that she actually did go around the world, and she didn't just wedge her boat behind a rock out of site on the coast of australia:mad1:. also how much food did she pack for seven months on that tin can??:confused:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
During her 210 day voyage where she sat in a yacht while the equipment her rich parents and sponsors provided for her did all the work, 6,300,000 children died of starvation and
preventable disease.
While you're right that what she did, with the aid of sophisticated navigational technology, a team of professionals working with her around the clock, and modern vessel design, wasn't that amazing, who gives a flying fuck that six million people in shit countries died?

bazrah

HSC
During her 210 day voyage where she sat in a yacht while the equipment her rich parents and sponsors provided for her did all the work, 6,300,000 children died of starvation and
preventable disease.

Six fucking million.

She arrived home being greeted by the prime minister himself and was labeled as "australias new hero". She will protentially make millions out of sponsorships and from selling her book where she talks about how she finger banged herself slept went on the internet and txtd her phaggot friends while the boat was on auto pilot for 210 days of her life

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

HURRR DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Seriously fuck people.
Yeah and no doubt while she was away you watched Glee and Gossip Girl and didn't really give a stuff about those poor people except to say "Hey think about the poor people". When in reality, you spend all your money on makeup and clothes, but when the chance comes up to use poor people as a way to attack people you are jealous of because they actually achieving things in life you will. The truth is though when it comes down to it you really don't give a shit either.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I work at a sailing club, and all the old sailors thought she was pretty amazing.

And I think they would know about sailing. Being sailors. They all said "MM yes once I took this boat out for a month and when I got home I was walking like a mud crab."

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Meh, I don't see any of you sailing around the world.
Excuse me I have travelled between both of the islands (are they?) on world of war craft

so I know a thing or two about circumnavigation !thank you!

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
no-ones mentioned anything about her not finishing school

plus lol with all that money shes getting she can get her teeth fixed lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)