Jessica Watson... (1 Viewer)

Oobadoo

HSC
I say good for her and congratulate her for her achievement.
It's pretty awesome she sailed around the world, even if it's not official, though what on earth is with the media's hype? Sure she's done something quite amazing, though a quater-of-an-hour news special on each of the comercial channels, wtf?

Btw, does anyone know if she raised any money for a cause or something (I would assume breast cancer, though I didn't hear anything about it...)?

rokkuguhyo

HSC
She wasted 7 months of her life doing something completely pointless and didn't even break the world record. What a hero.

Yell0w

HSC
She wasted 7 months of her life doing something completely pointless and didn't even break the world record. What a hero.
I honestly have no idea why she is given the title of hero. Please reserve that title for those who did things for others. ie. Anzac soldiers, firefighters, doctors. She is brave and courageous, i'll give her that but 'hero'. pfft she did it all for self-gain.

p.s Is it just me or that she looks like Emma Watson abit? Must be somehow related.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Meh, I don't see any of you sailing around the world.

mamoz

HSC
Meh, I don't see any of you sailing around the world.
my answer

=

cbf. got better things to do

what a waste of time, she didnt even break any records and was lyk 2-3 hours late to cross the finish line. meh.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I hardly think it's a waste of time, given the amount of money she'll earn from it. Papers yesterday said she stands to be worth a couple of million, from the book she'll inevitably write, interviews etc.

But you have better things to do. Clearly.

HSC
Uni Grad
I honestly have no idea why she is given the title of hero. Please reserve that title for those who did things for others. ie. Anzac soldiers, firefighters, doctors. She is brave and courageous, i'll give her that but 'hero'. pfft she did it all for self-gain.

p.s Is it just me or that she looks like Emma Watson abit? Must be somehow related.
This sickens me.

Clearly you're eyes are in dire need of fixing.

kounato

HSC
If she was hot than maybe this would be newsworthy.

BOS Negro

HSC
no she just sailed around the world for something to do
yo we gotta get more kids doin this sort of shit. we got to get the kids off the streets or they gon find themselves dead in a gutter.

in my neighbourhood back in the us of a, the kids aint got nothin to do. apart from eggem shops, dry slope skiing, playgrounds, oh yeah, and lego land, the kids aint got nothing to do. its no wonder dem turn to the gat

we gotta encourage kids to sail and do shit to get dem off d streets

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
its an accomplishment but should be kept to herself...after all she did it for herself...otherwise its just a publicity stunt...i wonder why there was so much attention about it? someone leaked the story to the media

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

She's not a hero, just very determined.

BigBoyJames -

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck me dead, white trash flocking to see something that could be seen on TV.

fuck this country is fucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)