Keneally to say sorry to NSW voters (1 Viewer)

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Joe Tripodi was invited to comment but no one could make out what he was saying over the sound of his corruption.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I do live in NSW.

The only NSW Liberal policies I have heard so far are:
- Cut public service jobs
- Cut the proposed rail/road links to Western Sydney
- Keep the Labor proposed ethics classes
- Introduce more warning lights at school crossings/zones (which I agree with and is a godo thing)

All they stand for so far is putting in flashing lights in school zones basically. That is not enoguh to win an elexction, even in the NSW climate.

I agree that both Keneally and O'Farrel are doing a good job and that neither has what you would call a 'stong' team behind either of them.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
lol

more fuckin safety at school zones

why not just stick fucking huge barbed wire fences at the edges fo the pavement next to schools and build bridges over thet op of the road

govt isnt going to stop until this happens

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Why don't we just put down children

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
dumb kids getting hit by cars

seems win win

Existential

HSC
N/A
I do live in NSW.

The only NSW Liberal policies I have heard so far are:
- Cut public service jobs
- Cut the proposed rail/road links to Western Sydney
- Keep the Labor proposed ethics classes
- Introduce more warning lights at school crossings/zones (which I agree with and is a godo thing)

All they stand for so far is putting in flashing lights in school zones basically. That is not enoguh to win an elexction, even in the NSW climate.

I agree that both Keneally and O'Farrel are doing a good job and that neither has what you would call a 'stong' team behind either of them.
Yeah it's the really really safe 'policies' that the Libs are adopting because generally nobody who is human would aggressively oppose them and they don't attract much attention other then reinforcing their underlying message "Vote for us because we're not the other party". I think it's a big mistake ruling the big transport proposals in Western Sydney, and generally the first policy you listed is a given with Coalition govts.

I will make the point to those saying the "low-key" approach will be perfect in this election.. that in March when people start wondering why they should vote for 'the other guy' (other then because he isn't the gov't) they will also be bound to ask some policy questions - this is where I think the Libs are in trouble and could lead to this election being closer than people think and not the big Lib majority people anticipate. Furthermore I wouldn't exactly use Mark Latham as an example of proficiently "seizing the opportunity". Why? Well, it's Mark Latham we're talking about here..... (nuff said). -_-

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
The thing with Barry is that he is using a tried and tested safe but effective strategy which ironically holds a great deal risk. All it takes is one stuff up from the opposition (think John Brogden - although I will concede he was a douche anyway) and the tables will be turned massively. Most people seem to be set on voting for him by default - which is a shame because I think he's the safe pair of hands this state so desperately needs. He also has some good policies which I think are way overdue. For example;

In government, the NSW Liberals & Nationals will introduce a range of practical measures to make housing more affordable. Our $630 million Action Plan to Make Sydney Livable Again includes:

* repealing NSW Labor’s $429 million ‘Homebuyers Tax’ on property purchases;
* providing a Regional Relocation Grant of $7,000 to encourage ‘whole of NSW’ growth;
* extending stamp duty concessions to Empty Nesters who are over 55 years old, who choose to move from a house to a smaller dwelling; and
* accelerating land release and reducing infrastructure costs on new developments.

He's definitely on the right track with the relocation grant, although I think it's going to take a bit more to encourage 'whole of NSW' growth. Traditionally we've been a country attracted to the coast and breaking this attraction requires investment in more infastructure away from the main cities. Also, I think stamp duty concessions for over 55 year old's is something that is long overdue along with a decent rise in the pension (even though we're currently in state political territory).

Also, I think we'll end up seeing a different side to him anyway when he gets into power to be honest.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
7 weeks out from the election I've already seen half a dozen houses with signs for our incumbent Labor MP in their front yard, in our 61% held seat that neither party cares about

how stupid are these people

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Chris Bowen isn't a hack.

Also, what's the angle on the shitty 'Regional Relocation Grant'?

Lentern

HSC
Chris Bowen isn't a hack.

Also, what's the angle on the shitty 'Regional Relocation Grant'?
Bowen is a massive hack. Being articulate doesn't make you not a hack. He's a classic product of the NSW Right factional machine.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
And my electorate's federal member. I'm ashamed.

Also: "44.5% of McMahon residents are Catholic, the highest rate in the country."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)