Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Hyphante names and kids names

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
chelzmalee said:
What if you wanted to hyphenate the kids names, but one or both of your names were hyphenated? Actually... that's just a dumb idea, why did I even think of it?!?!?!
No thats not a dumb thing to say, if this happened and contined to do so down the family tree the kids would eventually have extremely long names

roadcone

HSC
I will most probably change my last name, unless I become really famous in the mean time and there is a need to keep my name. I'm really not into the whole hyphenating thing either, think of the poor little kids when they are young and struggle to remember one thing let alone their four names

Skeeta

HSC
i think i'll keep my own name.. not for snobbery or prestigious reasons.

simply because my first name is anita.. i dont want my name to be anita bath or something equally un-funny

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I'll stick to having one last name, so I dont need 4 reams of paper to write it.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Depends if it sounds good hyphenated...it was really big in england...
Also depends on his name, obviously if it was already hyphenated i would not add a 3rd one...like if i married this guy, rue howland-jackson thats a hot last name so i would take his....not add my own to make it 3 names...or even if he just had the one plain last name...if it sounds stupid with my name i wouldnt take it.
Also i suppose depends where i'm working and what not, if i actually want to change my name at the time.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Korn said:
Girls would u take ur husbands last name, keep ur name, or do a combo when u get married.
How about the kids will they have combo names
I myself am not a fan of the whole conjoining of names theorem. It can lead 2 serious ramifications and often will end up with families destroyed and lives being lost due 2 a custom which could of been avoided...

Take these names 4 instance as a simple example and shall never be practised at home kids:

Mr Gimme Head marries Ms Izza Dick...

End result = Mrs Izza Dick-Head :cool:

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
It would be ideal for me to hyphenate so I could have a hyphenated first and last name, but that's all rather confusing.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
islamically the female should keep her own last name but she can take the guys name if she so desires
i think i will choose depending on if i like it or not
because really..i dont give a shit..
whatever makes life easier..for me

Jaydels

HSC
since my last name is 11 letters long, hyphenating would be a bad idea
anyway, im not particularly attached to my last name, so i would change it....unless my husbands last name was really bad

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
what's the big deal about surnames.. anyways i'll take my husbands surname *shrugs*.. and mine as well hahaha.. who cares *rolleyes*

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
this guy i know..
his last name is shakur
so if i married him id be
soha shakur
madness..MRS shakur..i like..

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
traditionally chinese women keep their surnames.... with me i'd prefer to take on my husband's but my name just sounds odd with a lot of surnames :|

if my boyfriend and i got married then it wouldn't sound bad hyphenated - but it might sound a bit weird coz he's aussie and im asian :p

*ashlea*

HSC
take husbands last name.. same goes 4 the kiddies.. whats the point in creating all that extra confusion with the different last-names and conjoined last-names? a name is just a name, who really cares what your last name is anyway? its the person who counts..
plus i'd get to cahnge my signature..woohoo.. hope i get a fun letter for my initials, so i can write it fancy.. i love calligraphy!!

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
*ashlea* said:
take husbands last name.. same goes 4 the kiddies.. whats the point in creating all that extra confusion with the different last-names and conjoined last-names? a name is just a name, who really cares what your last name is anyway? its the person who counts..
plus i'd get to cahnge my signature..woohoo.. hope i get a fun letter for my initials, so i can write it fancy.. i love calligraphy!!
Last name matters, refer back 2 my example earlier in the thread 2 understand it's significance, it has potential 2 destroy lives...:cool:

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yeh how does it? Like ashlea said a name is just a name
meh its the person that counts
enough said
im depressed abt 3u

*ashlea*

HSC
HerO said:
Last name matters, refer back 2 my example earlier in the thread 2 understand it's significance, it has potential 2 destroy lives...:cool:
wtf? clearly i said no conjoined names... dah? how bout u actually read my post mr Izza Dick-head..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)