• Latham

Votes: 344 65.4%
  • Howard

Votes: 182 34.6%

• Total voters

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
ooops! its a bit rich to blame previous governments isnt it!? (your words not mine)
shit, asqy. read my comments properly.

I said the problems of the railways were CREATED by the Carr government not inhereted

I belive the problems of public hospitals were CREATED by Craig Knowles not John Howard

I believe the problems of the Collins Class submarines were a poor choice of purchase and consruction location by KIM BEAZLEY, these problems were INHERITED by the Howard government

you are implying that I accept your arguments that the problems of the rail system were inherited by previous governments which i certainly do not given the gradual deterioration we have seen over the past 9 years not seen under previous governments

so yes, the problems of the collins class submarines are not howards fault because pretty much everything wrong was done before he came to power. i have no idea where the hospitals argument came from given they are run by state governments and your defence of the carr government's record on trains is just wrong as i have already pointed out

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
Any1 go to the 'end the lies' rally today, I did and it was great, hey neo_o remember me you racist inhumane piece of shit. Yeah I said and in the word's of War-munger Alexander downer I'm from the 'feral left' and I'm proud of it. Lefties are great we are progressive and we CARE. Here that neo_o we care if thousands of Iraqis die because America illegally invaded Iraq with Howards his little lap dog. We CARE.
hay <doodesnam> rememembere me you <somerandom insult>. Yeah I sed and in the word's of <whoever> Me from 'loony right' (or simmilar) and I'm prood of it. Connservativees are grate we aren't regressive and we KARE. Heare that <dudesname> we kare if thouzands of Iraqis dye because of Saddams, if thousands of Kurdz die because of Saddams, if thousands of Israeli's die because of Saddams. Wee KARE.

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
so i guess you think that the current liberal government is close to perfect? That it has dont nothing wrong at all?
while i am an economic rationalist, I am socially liberal so no not everything, like some social policies, i did not agree with iraqi invasion although i dont support "troops out by christmas" i do not agree with unwavering support for america or the US alliance

in economic terms i agree with pretty much everything which is why i hate the ALP so much, given their opposition to every piece of economic reform over the past 8.5 years

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
It's nice that you can be cynical towards lefts, Kurdz are the ones fighting to get Bush out now, and they are being killed everyday to defend there own country. Israelis dying, O you mean to ones in tanks killing innocent palastinians right now on Gaza strip, the ones full to their eyeballs with American money and weapons (including Nuclear). More Iraqis have died in the war then under Saddam.
And if your so 'Karing' for the Iraqis dying under Saddam then why do you agree with Howard locking them up in detention centres when they are fleeing what you claim to be fighting against.
Saddam is a bad guy we know that, but a war is not the answer, it kills innocents, and Bush only kills the bad guys that have a lot of oil. There are a lot of county's that defy human rights just like Saddam, namely Saudi Arabia but they have investments of up to 6% of the US economy that it would hurt the US too much to do anything about it.

PS. soz if there is bad gramma, i' tired and it's late

ohne

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
It's nice that you can be cynical towards lefts, Kurdz are the ones fighting to get Bush out now, and they are being killed everyday to defend there own country. Israelis dying, O you mean to ones in tanks killing innocent palastinians right now on Gaza strip, the ones full to their eyeballs with American money and weapons (including Nuclear). More Iraqis have died in the war then under Saddam.
And if your so 'Karing' for the Iraqis dying under Saddam then why do you agree with Howard locking them up in detention centres when they are fleeing what you claim to be fighting against.
Saddam is a bad guy we know that, but a war is not the answer, it kills innocents, and Bush only kills the bad guys that have a lot of oil. There are a lot of county's that defy human rights just like Saddam, namely Saudi Arabia but they have investments of up to 6% of the US economy that it would hurt the US too much to do anything about it.

PS. soz if there is bad gramma, i' tired and it's late
Well, I agree with you that the present situation in Israel is not desirable, but I think a solution to the benefit of both sides nees to be found. Like almost every Federal MP, I support the existance of Israel in some form or another but I also agree with the existance of a Palestinian homeland and am against the present behaviour of the Israeli government.

As for your comments on Iraq, I agree with you that the war has been a huge mistake on the part of George W Bush and never should have happened. But I feel as one of the original invaders Australia, has a moral obligation to stay in the country whilst the Iraqi government wants us to. Most of the problems in my opinion are with the conduct of the US military, you never really hear any problems about the British, Australian, Polish troops etc.

As for your comments on refugees, in my opinion the policies of both major parties are equally bad, I can't really distinguish between them to be honest.

Rorix

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
Kurdz are the ones fighting to get Bush out now
No, terrorists are.

Israelis dying, O you mean to ones in tanks killing innocent palastinians right now

I didn't know little children could drive tanks????

Saddam is a bad guy we know that, but a war is not the answer
Oh, pray tell, what's the solution? Sanctions?

it kills innocents
Appeasement kills innocents.

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
ohne said:
But I feel as one of the original invaders Australia, has a moral obligation to stay in the country whilst the Iraqi government wants us to. Most of the problems in my opinion are with the conduct of the US military, you never really hear any problems about the British, Australian, Polish troops etc.

As for your comments on refugees, in my opinion the policies of both major parties are equally bad, I can't really distinguish between them to be honest.
Well I don't know whether I trust the current government of Iraq, they could be a puppet government much like the South Vietnamese government was a puppet government during the Vietnam war, and they reintroduced the death penalty.

And why does everyone automatically refer to the two-party policies. The Greens policy is humane, and if you think their vote doesn't count your wrong. There is a preference system in place that means, if the Greens party doesn't get in then their preferences will go to your second preference and you'll still show your support for the greens.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i have a feeling, Howard would win this upcoming election, though i would like Latham to win.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
This would never have happened if the bloody Americans didn't force the British to sign the Atlantic Charter with that BS self-determination cause in it. It has caused nothing but trouble.

Indonesia (Dutch) - total mess for many many decades
Middle East - a mess
India/Pakistan - a mess
Africa - totally fucked
Vietnam - that was a debarcle

Don't tell me that decolonisation was a good idea, it really wasn't. The mess in Iraq could have all been averted, sigh.

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Rorix said:
No, terrorists are. .
No tribal groups, not terrorists

Rorix said:
I didn't know little children could drive tanks???? .
Did I say little children I meant the Isreali army, dickhead

Rorix said:
Oh, pray tell, what's the solution? Sanctions?

Appeasement kills innocents.
Did I say sanctions, no. You'd think in the 21st century there would be better ways to oust a leader, instead of blowing things senseless

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Ziff said:
This would never have happened if the bloody Americans didn't force the British to sign the Atlantic Charter with that BS self-determination cause in it. It has caused nothing but trouble.

Indonesia (Dutch) - total mess for many many decades
Middle East - a mess
India/Pakistan - a mess
Africa - totally fucked
Vietnam - that was a debarcle

Don't tell me that decolonisation was a good idea, it really wasn't. The mess in Iraq could have all been averted, sigh.
How about colonisation in the first place? That's what fucked it up

ohne

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
Well I don't know whether I trust the current government of Iraq, they could be a puppet government much like the South Vietnamese government was a puppet government during the Vietnam war, and they reintroduced the death penalty.

And why does everyone automatically refer to the two-party policies. The Greens policy is humane, and if you think their vote doesn't count your wrong. There is a preference system in place that means, if the Greens party doesn't get in then their preferences will go to your second preference and you'll still show your support for the greens.
well, I completely abhor the economic policies of the greens so i don't think that will be happening

as for the present Iraqi government, i think they have more validity than the Saddam Hussain regime, however, it would be helpful if elections could take place ASAP to ensure a clear mandate

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
ohne said:
well, I completely abhor the economic policies of the greens so i don't think that will be happening

as for the present Iraqi government, i think they have more validity than the Saddam Hussain regime, however, it would be helpful if elections could take place ASAP to ensure a clear mandate
Some thing's are more important than interest rates to me, the economy will flail...slightly, but I'm willing to take that step to be led by some more humane politicians

I don't think Iraq is ready for a democracy, with colonisation the borders are not as they naturally should be, no one feels like Iraqis, but they feel connected to their own group/tribe. Elections won't work

Rorix

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
No tribal groups, not terrorists
Oh, you think Iraqis are just 'tribes', eh? So like, when a terrorist kidnaps civilians, we should blame the Shi'ite 'tribe'?

Did I say little children I meant the Isreali army, dickhead
Oh well, when Saddam said "I'll give $25,000 to the family of each suicide bomber" he didn't say the Israeli army. I don't think he said dickhead either.

Did I say sanctions, no. You'd think in the 21st century there would be better ways to oust a leader, instead of blowing things senseless
Oh, I thought you might actually have an alternative solution. Like, you weren't just pointlessly bitching.

Rorix

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
I don't think Iraq is ready for a democracy, with colonisation the borders are not as they naturally should be, no one feels like Iraqis, but they feel connected to their own group/tribe. Elections won't work
Oh what, Iraqis are inferior human beings who aren't capable of seperating themselves from their 'tribes'?

See, I respect the Iraqi people enough that I think they should be able to vote for their own leader, and that they're intelligent enough to make their own decision.

However, you seem to think that Iraqi's are stupid and can only vote in their own 'tribe', and are incapable of making a decision as to who they think would be the best leader of the country.

Why is that? Are you prejudiced?

ohne

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
Some thing's are more important than interest rates to me, the economy will flail...slightly, but I'm willing to take that step to be led by some more humane politicians

isn't encouraging respect for the freedom of the individual in society and discouraging big and powerful government humane? encouraging a society where the individual plays the key role over that of the government

i believe you have to have a strong economy to have a positive society. unemployment has helath and social effects, as do interest rates and inflation, i feel as though social cohesion for the most part has improved remarkably under the coalition over the past 8.5 years and i hope it continues to do so

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Rorix said:
Oh, you think Iraqis are just 'tribes', eh? So like, when a terrorist kidnaps civilians, we should blame the Shi'ite 'tribe'?

Oh well, when Saddam said "I'll give $25,000 to the family of each suicide bomber" he didn't say the Israeli army. I don't think he said dickhead either.

Oh, I thought you might actually have an alternative solution. Like, you weren't just pointlessly bitching.
Wouldn't u take hostages if Australia was invaded?

I said saddam was bad didn't I, but it doesn't excuse a war

Alternative solution - Something better then blowin shit up, if the US are so freaking smart then couldn't they send a CIA task force or something to take him out.

ohne

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
Wouldn't u take hostages if Australia was invaded?
I don't think any decent, humane person would take hostages. There are peaceful ways of affecting change without resorting to terrorism.

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
ohne said:
isn't encouraging respect for the freedom of the individual in society and discouraging big and powerful government humane? encouraging a society where the individual plays the key role over that of the government

i believe you have to have a strong economy to have a positive society. unemployment has helath and social effects, as do interest rates and inflation, i feel as though social cohesion for the most part has improved remarkably under the coalition over the past 8.5 years and i hope it continues to do so
But the greens won't have to majority to instill any real economic change but they can have a voice, and this will mainly be about social matters. I don't think the economy will suffer too greatly under a latham government (my 2nd preference) it's just ppl believe that by those stupid ads that use scare tactics.

BTW. In case some ppl haven't noticed, the Reserve Bank of Australia sets interest rates, not the government

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
ohne said:
I don't think any decent, humane person would take hostages. There are peaceful ways of affecting change without resorting to terrorism.
I'm not condoning terrorism!
Who else takes hostages? Have you seen Guantanomo bay recently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)