• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Learning about Politics (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Oh yeah, we'll give them more hand outs because that has worked so well so far :/

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
national broadband network: the politics of lightning and steel

the australian political landscape strewn and asunder by quakes and electrical forces - clashing, vivified, shaken.

through a network of metal cables, the double force of the pacific and and indian oceans climbs to the crest of the great dividing range to concentrate itself in great cages of iron and crystal, mighty accumulators, enormous nervous centers plastered here and there along australia's mountainous spine.

Last edited:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
  1. We want to demolish museums and libraries, fight morality, feminism and all opportunist and utilitarian cowardice.

im going to become the first sim city futurist mayor by just building a bunch of museums and libraries in my cities and then destroying them with the bulldozer tool

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
read the news and then (don't) kill yourself

^ THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO IMPLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I IMPLIED REGARDING SUICIDE

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't stand qanda anymore. Makes me want to head butt the tv sometimes.
It has become its own shitty propaganda - losing its ability to discuss current contentious issues in a formal manner. Just always seems like a bitch firght these days.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
insiders abc 9am sundays

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I try to do that but the thought that these people are actually entitled to vote always dawns on me.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Problem is, qanda should be used as a learning kerb and vehicle for political discussion. It shouldn't be a joke (which is currently has been in the last season).

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
yea but 99% of people are like that, I mean for goodness sakes half the reason I would argue for reduced government powers and intervention, is so that they have little means to appease the wishes of the stupid people we call 'voters'

Lentern

HSC
insiders abc 9am sundays
You're kidding right? One right wing nutjob ranting about the abc, a head in the clouds/I wish real life was the West Wing novellist pretending to be a journalist, a competent analyst who gets a word in every fifteen minutes, an interview too short and too broad to actually be anything perceptive and Mike Bowers making cringeworthy dad jokes about cartoons that never really needed a commentary in the first place. To cap it all off it's run by the most self indulgent agenda driving journalist at the ABC whose frame for every story is "It's all Kevin's fault."

I find there is a horrible hypocrisy about Qanda watchers in that they like to complain about it being so lightweight and gossipy, but they'll tune in the next week anyway and never watch Insight on SBS which is a comparable program but its infinitely harder hitting and more intelligent. Much as I rate Tony Jones I dare say Jennie Brockie is a better mediator too.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
if you love qanda so much why dont you marry it then

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You're kidding right? One right wing nutjob ranting about the abc, a head in the clouds/I wish real life was the West Wing novellist pretending to be a journalist, a competent analyst who gets a word in every fifteen minutes, an interview too short and too broad to actually be anything perceptive and Mike Bowers making cringeworthy dad jokes about cartoons that never really needed a commentary in the first place. To cap it all off it's run by the most self indulgent agenda driving journalist at the ABC whose frame for every story is "It's all Kevin's fault."

I find there is a horrible hypocrisy about Qanda watchers in that they like to complain about it being so lightweight and gossipy, but they'll tune in the next week anyway and never watch Insight on SBS which is a comparable program but its infinitely harder hitting and more intelligent. Much as I rate Tony Jones I dare say Jennie Brockie is a better mediator too.
I watch it when I find the time.

Lentern

HSC
I watch it when I find the time.
Do you normally watch Qanda? It's one thing to not always watch insight, it's another much more hypocritical thing to bitch about Qanda being lightweight when you don't try to watch the more meaty programs.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you normally watch Qanda? It's one thing to not always watch insight, it's another much more hypocritical thing to bitch about Qanda being lightweight when you don't try to watch the more meaty programs.
I rarely watch either to be honest. I only ever watch the ABC24 and some other random science programs during the week. Sunrise in the morning - that's honestly it. Politics news, I will get from ABC24.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)