Left vs Right (and everything inbetween) (1 Viewer)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
"The usual terminology of political language is stupid. What is 'left' and what is 'right'? Why should Hitler be 'right' and Stalin, his temporary friend, be 'left'? Who is 'reactionary' and who is 'progressive'? Reaction against an unwise policy is not to be condemned. And progress towards chaos is not to be commended. Nothing should find acceptance just because it is new, radical, and fashionable. 'Orthodoxy' is not an evil if the doctrine on which the 'orthodox' stand is sound. Who is anti-labor, those who want to lower labor to the Russian level, or those who want for labor the capitalistic standard of the United States? Who is 'nationalist,' those who want to bring their nation under the heel of the Nazis, or those who want to preserve its independence?" - Ludwig von Mises, 1940

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
'left' = let's screw over the people to fund inefficient public works that benefit our union mates that keep us in power (oh and we're nanny statists so we'll erode your rights too, lol)
'right' = let's screw over the people to give out subsidies that benefit our corporate mates that keep us in power (oh and we're socially conservative so we'll erode your rights too, lol)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Thread is stupid whole idea of left and right is stupid, STUPID THREAD IS STUPID CLOSE THREAD

cheese_cheese

HSC
This whole debate can basically be summarised as the following:

- If you are a low to middle income, average worker you typically vote for the 'left' as they provide more tax cuts to the low to middle class and their polices are more beneficial to people of this socio economic status

- If you are a business or wealthy (i..e the 1%), these people would typically vote the 'right' as the right gives tax cuts to the rich while screwing over the low to middle income, everyday, Joe the plumber type of workers.

Look at China, they are soon to become the worlds #1 economy, Australia needs to head in that direction.

cheese_cheese

HSC
youre the best poster
Thanks, although I am just an everyday person that comprises the 99% of normal people that has been hard done by by the 1% wealthy corporations and Bill Gates of this world.

It is exactly like the Bridge to Terabithia novel if you have read that?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

- If you are a low to middle income, average worker you typically vote for the 'left' as they provide more tax cuts to the low to middle class and their polices are more beneficial to people of this socio economic status

- If you are a business or wealthy (i..e the 1%), these people would typically vote the 'right' as the right gives tax cuts to the rich while screwing over the low to middle income, everyday, Joe the plumber type of workers.

Look at China, they are soon to become the worlds #1 economy, Australia needs to head in that direction.
I'm still yet to decide whether you are a troll

cheese_cheese

HSC
Obviously a combination of "left" and "right" ideology shapes the political opinion of most people.
I agree. I am of the opinion that we should 'stop the boat people' and not allow asylums seekers to come by boat. Although I also support a lot of Labors policies also.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

This guy is growing on me.

boris

Banned
HSC

nope

also chinas economy has only been growing since they have been embracing capitalism wat up

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
omg politic neged me LOL

CLOSE THE THREAD

if any of you bothered to read the quote in my first post you would realise that talking about political ideologies through the concepts like LEFT AND RIGHT, is so fucking ridiculously stupid. I COME ON what do people see right wingers as today? big government, more warz, less taxes on the rich, super conservative on social issues. Left wingers, big government, high taxes, socially 'progressive' yet at the same time regulating the fuck out of your freedoms.

so where do you put the libertarians, the anarcho syndicalists and the other politcal ideologies that are meant to sit on some arbitrary straight line?

TLDR left and right is stupid shut up about it

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
omg politic neged me LOL

CLOSE THE THREAD

if any of you bothered to read the quote in my first post you would realise that talking about political ideologies through the concepts like LEFT AND RIGHT, is so fucking ridiculously stupid. I COME ON what do people see right wingers as today? big government, more warz, less taxes on the rich, super conservative on social issues. Left wingers, big government, high taxes, socially 'progressive' yet at the same time regulating the fuck out of your freedoms.

so where do you put the libertarians, the anarcho syndicalists and the other politcal ideologies that are meant to sit on some arbitrary straight line?

TLDR left and right is stupid shut up about it
where do you put libertarians?

as far away from the mainstream as possible... just ask Ron Paul

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
where do you put libertarians?

as far away from the mainstream as possible... just ask Ron Paul
you can't put them on the scale because they don't fit anywhere, which again is why talking in terms of left and is stupid hence stop talking about it, K? GOOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)