Left wing media and its affect on the upcoming election. (1 Viewer)

_Duck_

HSC
N/A
The media as a whole has a left wing bias. This is not debateable and i do not want to debate the validity of this statement. I acknowledge that the bias of educated factual news sources is negligible but the truth is that people are stupid and people watch A Current Affair. I wonder then, how many votes/seats such a bias is really worth. I would probably say that atleast 5-10% of voters are morons incapable of original thought and thus are highly biased by stupid opinion pieces and sensational reporting.

Lentern

HSC
The media as a whole has a left wing bias. This is not debateable and i do not want to debate the validity of this statement.
Poor thread never stood a chance.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
The media as a whole has a left wing bias. This is not debateable and i do not want to debate the validity of this statement. I acknowledge that the bias of educated factual news sources is negligible but the truth is that people are stupid and people watch A Current Affair. I wonder then, how many votes/seats such a bias is really worth. I would probably say that atleast 5-10% of voters are morons incapable of original thought and thus are highly biased by stupid opinion pieces and sensational reporting.
you're a fucken idiot

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
oh, ok

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You should start a thread about it on the Internet.

ubernuton

HSC
wait wait is someone trying to argue that ACA has a left wing bias, if so then you have no idea what left wing means

_Duck_

HSC
N/A
Okay ACA may have been a bad example of political bias my point with ACA was that people are stupid and can confuse opinion with news. For those denying the bias I challenge you to name a single conservative columnist at the age or one other than Andrew Bolt in the herald sun (victoria's two leading papers, I'm admittedly ignorant of papers in other states.)

Shane_

HSC
ACA and that crap are labor oriented, that cannot be denied

Garygaz

HSC
Everybody

this is ray martin

and i demand you vote liberal, or else the communists win

Kim Il-Sung

HSC
Okay ACA may have been a bad example of political bias my point with ACA was that people are stupid and can confuse opinion with news. For those denying the bias I challenge you to name a single conservative columnist at the age or one other than Andrew Bolt in the herald sun (victoria's two leading papers, I'm admittedly ignorant of papers in other states.)
m8 wait till you read piers ackerman

hyperpartisan liberal hack

evatt

HSC
Miranda Devine

_Duck_

HSC
N/A
To the above i already said i am ignorant of other states' papers, although perhaps the problem is more prevalent in Victoria. I never though ACA to be politically biased in any direction (the reference in the first post was to prove that people watch crap.) They swing from far left to far right looking to exaggerate and shock because ratings are more important than news. To be honest i don't watch the crap but remember John Howard being interviewed about the cronulla riots and he was abused like you wouldn't believe. The interviewer was doing her best to force him say how horribly racist Australia is. Perhaps the election of a Labor government has created a conservative shift though.

evatt

HSC
To the above i already said i am ignorant of other states' papers, although perhaps the problem is more prevalent in Victoria. I never though ACA to be politically biased in any direction (the reference in the first post was to prove that people watch crap.) They swing from far left to far right looking to exaggerate and shock because ratings are more important than news. To be honest i don't watch the crap but remember John Howard being interviewed about the cronulla riots and he was abused like you wouldn't believe. The interviewer was doing her best to force him say how horribly racist Australia is. Perhaps the election of a Labor government has created a conservative shift though.
I don't quite understand what point it is you are trying to make. The left wing nature of the media having an influence on the outcome of the election?

_Duck_

HSC
N/A
Okay. I believe the media has a left wing bias and was curious about other people's opinions on how much such a bias will affect the upcoming election.

Ignore the ACA comment, i have been proven very clearly wrong there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)