Legal hsc 2011.. Whats the go with exam structure.... Predictions? (1 Viewer)

iiloveschool

HSC
hey guys!
im still confused as to how this exam is set out. from what i have gathered
-mc is on crime and human rights
-s/a on human rights
-15mark crime essay.. anything on crime?
-x2 options 15 mark essays.

any predictions on 15mark essay? what could they test us on and predictions on s/a

matthewhearne

HSC
the options are 25 mark essays and since its a new syllabus it is pretty hard to predict what they will test us on but it will most likely come from the themes and challenges i would expect. The 15 mark crime essay can be on anything.

iiloveschool

HSC
mm yeh im thinking the themes and challenges too.
im not sure what to study with the 15mark essay :S how many pages should we be expecting to reach

HSC
Uni Grad
I recall that all of the questions they can ask you come from the themes and challenges. 15 Mark Crime essay I predict will either be on: Sentencing and Punishment, Young Offenders and/or International Crime. But I wonder what will happen if they tested us on The Nature of Crime, the Criminal Investigation Process or the Criminal Trial process? :O

Exotic

HSC
Guys when you say themes and challenges do you refer to the contemporary issues for the options?

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys when you say themes and challenges do you refer to the contemporary issues for the options?
This is what I mean by themes and challenges - you see this at the beginning of the topics related to the syllabus. The below is based on crime.

Themes and challenges to be incorporated throughout this topic:
• the role of discretion in the criminal justice system
• issues of compliance and non-compliance in regard to criminal law
• the extent to which law reflects moral and ethical standards
• the role of law reform in the criminal justice system
• the extent to which the law balances the rights of victims, offenders and society
• the effectiveness of legal and non-legal measures in achieving justice.

erikartman

HSC
Can anyone think of any possible way they could ask a 15 mark question on the nature of crime? It just seems like there is no way to ask a high order question for it. I mean by high order Discuss, Analyse etc.

enoilgam

HSC
Can anyone think of any possible way they could ask a 15 mark question on the nature of crime? It just seems like there is no way to ask a high order question for it. I mean by high order Discuss, Analyse etc.
I doubt it, as it is extremely difficult to answer and would be a nightmare to mark - but it is possible.

HSC
I recall that all of the questions they can ask you come from the themes and challenges. 15 Mark Crime essay I predict will either be on: Sentencing and Punishment, Young Offenders and/or International Crime. But I wonder what will happen if they tested us on The Nature of Crime, the Criminal Investigation Process or the Criminal Trial process? :O
I'm predicting what you said, although I think there may be a higher possibility that it will be on Young Offenders, only because both of the Independant and CSSA trials focused on this; and last year both of which was focused on in the trials was in the HSC.

HSC
mm yeh im thinking the themes and challenges too.
im not sure what to study with the 15mark essay :S how many pages should we be expecting to reach
mmm maybe around 650-800 words?

And does anyone think that for the option 25markers at least one of the two questions will assess on a 'contemporary issue'? Cause that's what the specimen paper suggests.
I'm hoping because it's a new syllabus BOS will be kind to us!

HSC
Uni Grad
mmm maybe around 650-800 words?

And does anyone think that for the option 25markers at least one of the two questions will assess on a 'contemporary issue'? Cause that's what the specimen paper suggests.
I'm hoping because it's a new syllabus BOS will be kind to us!
At least it won't make you refer to a specific contemporary issue. it will just be any issue that you have studied by your own that is rather recent.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Examine a range of factors, which might lead to criminal behaviour. (15 marks)

Very unlikely, but that's the only one I can think of with regards to the Nature of Crime

vanishings

HSC
There better be some amazing broad questions in there, if it's specific I am screwed! Be nice BOS!!

uirate

HSC
Examine a range of factors, which might lead to criminal behaviour. (15 marks)

Very unlikely, but that's the only one I can think of with regards to the Nature of Crime
doubt the 15 marker would be on that, maybe a 4 marker on that

Jeeevs

HSC
With the questions in the CSSA and independent trials, does a question in those signify a lesser chance of a similar question appearing in the HSC? Or is there a higher possibility of those questions appearing?

Also does anyone have any of those papers online

HSC
With the questions in the CSSA and independent trials, does a question in those signify a lesser chance of a similar question appearing in the HSC? Or is there a higher possibility of those questions appearing?

Also does anyone have any of those papers online
I always and still do wonder that, although one of my friends spoke to her HSC market experienced Ancient teacher about it and she was told that there is a greater chance of it appear in the HSC because the trials are a good guide but I don't know whether I believe it yet...

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
doubt the 15 marker would be on that, maybe a 4 marker on that
Wait, I thought it's impossible to have a 4 marker on crime, with the new syllabus, aren't all crime questions 15 mark extended responses?

vanishings

HSC
Wait, I thought it's impossible to have a 4 marker on crime, with the new syllabus, aren't all crime questions 15 mark extended responses?
They could break the question up and have two parts maybe? I hate how we don't know. :I

and could someone post the CSSA trial crime question/essays? Our teacher made our paper up. :/

emilyk8m

HSC
The first few points of the crime syllabus will only be examined in multiple choice, e.g nature of crime etc.
For the 15 mark response, it will be something like assess the effectiveness of... in relation to young offenders or sentencing and punishment, maybe international crime. Hoping for young offenders!
25 marks for options will have two questions to choose from, a general question, probably straight from the themes and challenges, something about law reform or etc while the other will be a more specific question relating to one aspect of your option e.g. marriage if you are doing family.
Most likely :)

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
crime for cssa trial was young offenders

either going to be that or
-rights of victims and/or accused?
-sentencing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)