Liar, Liar, Tyres on Fire (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
your.knee said:
Theres sturdy arguments both ways on the insurance debate.

But if you're a good driver with some experience and pretty capable at quickly developing driving skills then insurance isn't as important. E.g. if your kid is totally new to driving and isnt confident etc then insurance would probably be a good idea to cover damage to car (from poles, parked cars etc).

To bassistx:
That was a serious event! I don't think anyone anticipates something like that happening before they go out driving. A crash like that would've been fucking scary, especially on L's. I dunno if anyone asked you this but are you ok? I mean as ok as you could be after a situation like that. :S
shutup you wussy.

bassistx

HSC
Serius said:
Somewhat how good drivers when approaching a stopped line of traffic like to break early to kill some speed, roll for a little bit then break again to come to a complete stop at the right distance. its better that way because it makes sure the people behind you have plenty of warning that you are stopping.
I do this. I slow down then stop instead of breaking suddenly. What happened was clearly not my fault. You never think someone is going to overtake you whilst you are turning and surely not from the left side.

wrxsti said:
What im thinking is that you decided or indicated a little to late, how come you decided to turn into the street half way, not move from the kerb and curve with the kerb into the side street.

so example:

you are the red, and what you should of done was the blue.

maybe i might be wrong, you either decided to turn late or indicated late.
Sigh. I'm so sick of explaining this.
You are wrong. Because the blue is where CARS WERE PARKED and I would've run into them and caused a domino-effect had I done what you are suggesting (a bit too late as well). Also, it is not a 90 degree angle street for the billionth time so it's not very possible to not leave any sort of gap.

your.knee said:
To bassistx:
That was a serious event! I don't think anyone anticipates something like that happening before they go out driving. A crash like that would've been fucking scary, especially on L's. I dunno if anyone asked you this but are you ok? I mean as ok as you could be after a situation like that. :S
Yes, I'm alright. Thanks.
I've had 3 nightmares in a row in one night. Most horrific thing I've ever been through. I keep thinking I killed the guy. If he'd died I would've felt responsible to no end.

Wooz said:
Hey Basstix, so is the guy still threatening to sue you? Oh yeah how much does he want? If he has insurance and offers to put in a claim as long as you pay for it as long as it's around $500 i would do that. Going to a lawyer would cost thousands, esp when many charge $200 initial consultation fee's.

Also talk to your local legal aid centre, while trying to mediate with the guy.
He is still sueing. His van would be about 10-15K then plus legal costs. Neither of us have insurance. We've been trying to contact a lawyer but she's busy. Carroll & O'Dea which are shit and I don't trust them one bit. We used to be with Keddies but dad said they're shit and we switched to C&O'D for all of our legal issues. We're got 2 other cases apart from this one (one of them being when my brother was hit by a car, he rolled on top of the bonnet and then the dumbass breaked suddenly and sent him flying).
Btw, speaking of flying, when I meant the van flipped at least 20m ahead, I meant 60m.

-WaxingLyrical- said:
Yeah.

Knocked over a 'no stopping sign' in the first hour I went driving. Then I ran for it.

Have improved since.

:)
After only an hour, I would be expecting something like that lol.
I'd been driving only 6 hours when this accident happened.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
bassistx said:
We're got 2 other cases apart from this one (one of them being when my brother was hit by a car, he rolled on top of the bonnet and then the dumbass breaked suddenly and sent him flying).
i think there are some family issues dealing with the road/traffic.

bassistx

HSC
wrxsti said:
i think there are some family issues dealing with the road/traffic.
It was a green light for pedestrians. Maybe I should've pointed that out.

jcurry

HSC
bassistx said:
I'm on the old 50 hours system, but I'd do at least 100 before going for my driving test. But this guy was seriously crazy. I'm a pretty good driver for a learner, I handled it well. He came out the top of the van and all I could think was "zombie... Shaun of the Dead". I thought it was a movie.
If you were a pretty good learner than you would of known that car was there before you started merging so you shouldnt of merged, its happened to me a few times while i was on my l's each time i waited till they zoomed past my car
unlucky though people should know better but they see L's and start doing crazy shit to get away and never let you into their lanes either
good thing us p platers are perfect drivers and never ever crash or cause a crash (note sarcasm intended)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
OH MY GOD.

You've already had car accidents where legal issues have arisen and you STILL DON'T HAVE INSURANCE??!!!

I can't even comprehend the thinking behind it.

EditL: oh they might not have been car accidents. Still. You've already witnessed the stupidity of other drivers first hand and you still thought it unnecessary to protect yourself financially.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
The OP and the guy that started that war thread about not getting his P's should hook up!

bassistx

HSC
jcurry said:
If you were a pretty good learner than you would of known that car was there before you started merging so you shouldnt of merged, its happened to me a few times while i was on my l's each time i waited till they zoomed past my car
unlucky though people should know better but they see L's and start doing crazy shit to get away and never let you into their lanes either
good thing us p platers are perfect drivers and never ever crash or cause a crash (note sarcasm intended)
I didn't merge. Please bother to read what happened.

scarybunny said:
OH MY GOD.

You've already had car accidents where legal issues have arisen and you STILL DON'T HAVE INSURANCE??!!!

I can't even comprehend the thinking behind it.

EditL: oh they might not have been car accidents. Still. You've already witnessed the stupidity of other drivers first hand and you still thought it unnecessary to protect yourself financially.
lol... Other people hit us, we've never hit anybody. But it's not my fault: my parents just won't get insurance.

Oh wrxsti, you're so funny.

bassistx

HSC
jcurry said:
my bad but you still started turning left
The guy was behind me. Is that so hard to understand?
Once I started to turn, he thought he could overtake me.

It's idiots like you who take advantage of every situation and turn it back on the victim.

jcurry

HSC
bassistx said:
The guy was behind me. Is that so hard to understand?
Once I started to turn, he thought he could overtake me.

It's idiots like you who take advantage of every situation and turn it back on the victim.
you said you were a good learner driver, if you were you would of noticed the dickhead cutting inside of your car and would've gotten out of the way

im not saying its your fault but the situation could of been avoided like 95%of mistakes and accidents

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
bassistx said:
lol... Other people hit us, we've never hit anybody. But it's not my fault: my parents just won't get insurance.
*sign* They need to realise that doesn't mean a goddamn thing whose fault it was, as you already know. You can be the safest driver in the world, the danger comes from other drivers you have no control over.

When you get your own car, insure it. Then you can hit whoever you want.

bassistx

HSC
Out of the way WHERE? You really are stupid.
The street I was turning into had cars parked. And I was in the left lane so to get "away", I would've had to turn into the right lane but I was signalling left which would've confused the crap out of people and caused an even bigger accident.
When you're trying to swirve out of the way, the last you thing you think about is putting your indicator on in that direction.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
jcurry said:
you said you were a good learner driver, if you were you would of noticed the dickhead cutting inside of your car and would've gotten out of the way

im not saying its your fault but the situation could of been avoided like 95%of mistakes and accidents
dude. no.

it's already been explained heaps of times, but i suggest you read through these descriptions again and work out why she didn't get out of the way.

he was behind her. it's not like she noticed him trying to overtake and just ignored him and turned anyway; HE started to overtake her while she was turning, which is bad driving on his part.

bassistx

HSC
^ THANK YOU
lol. God.
He would've been in my blind spot at that particular moment, I think. You don't look over your shoulder when you turn because you'll crash into something lol. Common sense.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The movements of the other driver were so erratic and retarded that even an experienced driver would have had a hard time handling the situation. The only think I can think of is that I might have been checking my mirrors a bit more frequently and seen the dickhead driver coming? But when you're in front of a driver there's not much you can do about them.

The other driver is completely at fault. Even if bassistx had been turning into him, a) he shouldn't have been in an L PLATER's blind spot and b) he responded in completely the wrong way by speeding up and attempting to overtake her on the left (which is illegal) while she was TURNING LEFT (which is just retarded).

When someone is indicating left, you don't sit on their left hand side.

bassistx

HSC
wrxsti said:
so did you fork out your money to the 'cool leb' yet?
Are you kidding me? We still don't have a lawyer yet. This is going to take years by the looks of it. My mother's supposed to see the lawyer today. Hope it goes well.

The guy is 48.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)