Liberal or Labor? (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
If by naive you mean borderline sociopathic then sure.

You have a sub 120 IQ. We quietly tolerate your idiotic outbursts.
And you wonder why everything thinks you liberals are selfish, elitist fat cats.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
I think this just about sums up what's wrong with you in one sentence, Rothbard, despite the fact that I've lost count of your flaws.
Dude no other person has claim to my property but me. If i want to help them so be it. You shouldn't have the right to force me to be charitable at gunpoint.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah but mate, we established sometimes the difference between you and I is that you're a naive dickhead and I'm not.
We've established that everybody in this thread puts their personal comfort above the death of some homeless dude to some degree, and when we're just arguing about price such moral absolutism is not warranted.

absorber

HSC
Dude no other person has claim to my property but me. If i want to help them so be it. You shouldn't have the right to force me to be charitable at gunpoint.
Then get the fuck out of Australia

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
because

economics

is a zero sum game

everyone

*EVERYONE*

absorber

HSC
That is not how money works. Please try again.
Depends on the understanding of the hypothetical each of us is presenting. I assert this if rock music died today, for example. Anyhow, this wasn't what I originally argued. I didn't say rock music took away from medical research, I was saying that musicians didn't contribute as much for what they're worth as, say, medical researchers, because of externalities.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Depends on the understanding of the hypothetical each of us is presenting. I assert this if rock music died today, for example. Anyhow, this wasn't what I originally argued. I didn't say rock music took away from medical research, I was saying that musicians didn't contribute as much for what they're worth as, say, medical researchers, because of externalities.
How the fuck can you possibly claim as an average what all musicians contribute to medical research?

EDIT: yeah all black people steal too you fucking cumgargler

absorber

HSC
How the fuck can you possibly claim as an average what all musicians contribute to medical research?

EDIT: yeah all black people steal too you fucking cumgargler
...I don't recall claiming such a thing. I don't even know where this 'musicians contributing to medical research' thing came from

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Neither do I shitbag, you seem to be the FAS sufferer advocating it

absorber

HSC
Neither do I shitbag, you seem to be the FAS sufferer advocating it
You're so keen to criticise me that you make an unfounded presumption based on the incorrect implication of what someone else said. Wow, you really got me there.

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
So you're saying that what musicians contribute isn't worth...what they're worth. See you're missing the whole point, while the externalities make medical research perhaps more noble than rock music, it's value has been determined by the market already.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
What things are worth

is what other people are willing to pay for them

for fuck's sake

absorber

HSC
So you're saying that what musicians contribute isn't worth...what they're worth. See you're missing the whole point, while the externalities make medical research perhaps more noble than rock music, it's value has been determined by the market already.
One would be a fool to think the reality ends in an economic model without assessing the externalities though. Economic models are inexact and imperfect. I might pay $5 million to see a concert; the concert might through noise pollution make $1 million in damage, but this isn't factored into the price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)