Life on Mars (1 Viewer)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
i loved the british one, watched it religiously every week lol

i cbf'd watching this one, i dun think it'll live up to the other one either lol

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
Just like anything i watch, i went in with an open mind. Fifteen minutes into the show i'm thinking "Great this will be another one of those shows; it won't last" But i was hooked until the end. I enjoyed it, just hope i won't be disappointed down the track.

lucidassembly

HSC
Despite adoring the british version, I went in relatively open-minded. I still absolutely despised every second of this excruciating hour of television :mad1: The humour felt forced, the actors were beyond horrible (not even bothering to make the characters their own - Jason O'Mara was even using the same mannerisms as John Simm), and the key relationship between Sam and Gene was sidelined to a ridiculous extent. Not to mention... although most of the episode was adapted frame by frame with even the smallest details being copied, Annie was of course blonde :evilfire:

I don't think I'll be watching anymore... I'd like to preserve the memory of a far classier show.

lucidassembly

HSC
There's a non Brit version? :/
Yeah. The US decided to remake an excellent show in a completely inferior (and essentially futile) manner... god knows why :mad1: The brits tend to do everything better anyway lol.

greekgun

HSC
Seems like an alright show. Has some potential, but i rekon the story line will progress fairly slowly.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Despite adoring the british version, I went in relatively open-minded. I still absolutely despised every second of this excruciating hour of television :mad1: The humour felt forced, the actors were beyond horrible (not even bothering to make the characters their own - Jason O'Mara was even using the same mannerisms as John Simm), and the key relationship between Sam and Gene was sidelined to a ridiculous extent. Not to mention... although most of the episode was adapted frame by frame with even the smallest details being copied, Annie was of course blonde :evilfire:

I don't think I'll be watching anymore... I'd like to preserve the memory of a far classier show.
Not to mention they had to spell it out to the Americans and say he's in an "alternate reality" =="

DanteEX

HSC
Well it looks like you people can sleep a little easier knowing the ABC has cancelled the show after one season, Yep they've given up on it and well end it on its first and only season.

For what it was worth I liked it, but then again I never saw the Original British one

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
^well the british one only had 2 seasons

but it ended well with him goin back, and then goin back in time again lol
(that sounded weird no?)

vtfan

PG's M Crew
HSC
I LOVED the British version.

When I first heard that there was going to be an American remake i was absoulutely appalled.

I still am, at the show.

John Simm will always be THE Sam Tyler. And Philip Glenister The Gene Genie. No one shall ever replace them!

DanteEX

HSC
I don't know about you but Harvey Keitel as Gene was pretty big... The Man is freaking Mr. White for christ sake.

sarahdee

HSC
there is a brit version? :O

i love the american one!

DanteEX

HSC
I don't know about you but the American version is actually rather engaging, it's one of the highlights of my week keeping up with their take on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)