Long Distance Relationships (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
They're not doomed. They're inevitably going to be problematic and stressful, but they can work.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Evansy said:
i willbe seeing her heaps, like im staying with her this weekend for like 5 days, so each time we see each other, it will be for a period of time. more than 1 day
But how often?

Jezzabelle

they can work.. but on personal experience.... sometimes when you talk to your other over the phone it gets so painful listening and not being able to reach out that you start getting angry... and then you start getting snappy at your other.. and then they think you dont like them anymore and are trying to get rid of them.... and it just gets messy...

long distance sucks. i am an affectionate person and i want someone who can come around and give me a cuddle when i need one :)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Yeah...I'm with Jezzabelle. It's VERY hard. But that's not to say impossible! If there's an end in sight (ie it's not going to be permanently long distance) then that can help a lot.

Evansy

HSC
yeha i was wondering what happened to my thread, but anyway, me and my girl, have like a 6 hour difference between each other, i dont know how much i will be able to see her coz she is just starting year 12 so eyah i dont want to get in the way of that! so yeah we both really want it to work, so i will just have to wait and see i guess

blind_one1

i live in the blue mountains and my g/f is in kingswood which is about an hour away (maybe a bit more) and it seems to be working. its bad in heaps of ways cos sometimes all we want to do is hold eachother but in some ways its good because there is little risk of us growing annoyed at eachother for one reason or another. in many ways the distance can make you appreciate the time you have together more. it still works.... just have to get used to it.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
distance suck if ur the sorta person who needs the physical aspect in a relaitonship..... eg: cuddles/kisses etc. like i can talk to him forever on the phonebut its not the same. i would rather hug him for like 5 minz than talking for an hr... thatz just me.

i take relationships v srsli and hence dont like to get a bf just for the sake of having a bf..... having a bf is realli fun.. but a long distance one realli test ur feelings for each other.... and i must say its tougher than a normal relationship...for me i would rather b single than be with him and miss him heapz cuz of the distance factor.....
soo true!!!
i know how you feel..
and we kinda juz broke u becuase of the distance. he said it was hard cuz he wanted to be with me and see me and hug me in person and it wasnt the saem as talking on the fone..

my rents were a problem too they wudnt let me go up there cuz it was too far. so he always came down here and that caused friction... he said he cudnt do the whole sydney thing ne more if i didnt make an effort but no matter how much i wanted to it was outta my control! my rents wudnt let me!!

Evansy

HSC
i have been in a long distance relationship for nearly a month now, its a massive 6 hour difference, and seriously its killing us, killing us so much that i have decieded to start a new life that is closer to her so close its only a 5mins walk to her house, long distance are ok for a little but not for long term

LibbyBeaz

HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
i went out with a guy from tasmania! that's like...over water! might as well be overseas :p
thats not that bad, mines on the eastern side of nz, which is really hard, cause of time difference, etc.....but yeh i think its great, hes a great guy and everything, i would never giv it up

Juddy2250

Soon to retire...
HSC
In my opionin, I dont believe they would work. Many relationships need the physical contact to survive, and even if there is that set aside time for the couple to see each other, as soon as something comes up the relationship starts to fall apart. But then, if you are dedicated enough and you both work hard to make it work i might just be. For hollywoods answer watch road trip.
I hope this helps.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Eh, I live in Canberra, while my girlfriend is in Sydney. Seems to be working atm, though it was a bit of a blow when I found out that calls back to Sydney were classed as being inter-state :(

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
my ex moved to canberra which is 3 hrs from my place, and he drove down to see me every 2/3 weeks. we had been together 5 months when he moved, we lasted another 5 with him there. it was hard going from being with him at least twice a week, to seeing him only a couple of times a month. it makes it really hard on the relationship. we ended up breaking up because it was too draining mentally, and emotionally. it wasnt fair on either of us really so we broke up.
i dont think long distance relationships work because things tend to disintegrate. you cant keep the same emotions alive living basically two different worlds apart.

Jaydels

HSC
I think it's too hard on those involved. I have a friend in a long distance relationship, and they're always depressed. I'ts really awful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)