HSC
i agree with the whole exercise thing for loosing weight
and if you a really going to get into the whole tablet thing
dont get relient on them and change your diet to become healthier

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
Geez, thats very $$$. I think I will leave that for l8er in life, just going to have to stick with eggs & co.
thats just one expensive example though because I know that you can get them for $40- $50 from health food stores....but you may even be able to get them way cheaper at somewhere like Woolworths...have a look anyway.

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Protein shakes are usually needed to repair muscle damage and to grow muscles. It also helps to speed up metabolism (i.e turn to leaner muscle, then burn fat). I just recently taken these, and man...chocolate flavour doesn't taste great.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Miliux said:
Protein shakes are usually needed to repair muscle damage and to grow muscles. It also helps to speed up metabolism (i.e turn to leaner muscle, then burn fat). I just recently taken these, and man...chocolate flavour doesn't taste great.
I agree that chocolate flavour does not taste great...but I dont think that any of these protein-packed drinks taste nice. I once tried a vanilla flavoured protein shake though, and that tasted slightly better.

Bradna

Mint..
HSC
Depends what you put in with the shake.
I put in the protein powder, half a banana - to a banana (depending on size), yoghurt and milk (although I've heard water is supposed to be better because the milk lines your stomach).

Anyway, havn't really read through the thread but this sort of shit interests me.
Running is the best thing, or any type of continuous training (no rest).

I dont think I would suggest tablets, what a waste of time that would be.. Get off your arse and do the hard yards and you'll get results.
Dont forget to eat healthier too!

beach_babe

HSC
diet

i iam on a diet,wgich is called no dairy diet,u cut down on diary foods and eat healthier foods.u still have your breakfast with cereal and milk,but for lunch dont have any butter on your sandwhich.by cutting this stuff out u start to lose weight instantly.
i lost 2 kilos in 1 week.
it really does work.

twiddla

Remember there is NO easy way to loose weight.

Exercise is great and running is probably the highest calorie burner of anything. However with diet you must remember that eating fat is not the only way your body adds fat. What happens is that the body stores certain extra carbohydrates that it doesn't use as fats. What you need is slow burning energy sources as your body can't burn up the faster energy sources quick enough. The things you need to eat to loose weight are your low GI stuff and you can get little books and things on the GI rating of certain foods.

But never skip meals cos this means your body burns muscle rather than fat while your exercising

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i joined a gym 3 days ago
been there 3 days doing like cardio
today after my 1 and a half hour work out..i vomitted water and breakfast
i dunno why..
its happened once b4
are u suppsoed to not eat b4 u work out..i have no idea..
or is it just me?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i had breaksat..caught a bus to the gym..and started working out like an45 minutes after i ate
i dunno..its turned me off eating anything b4 working out ever again
i was at the busstop and just spewed up
so grose

beach_babe

HSC
yeah i aggree.u shouldnt really eat alot before u play sport or do physical excercise casue it does make u sick.but yeah just see some professional help.!!

you should be fine!!1

good luck

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
the atkin's diet is bs!
eating carbos and fibres keep you full, so that you don't always crave for food. it also gives you extremely bad breath, apparently.
the best way to lose weight is to exercise occasionally and keep it up ;)
and don't eat excessive junk food...

only eat when you are hungry ;)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
eating carbos and fibres keep you full
That is rather misleading. It depends on which type of carbonhydrates.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
really? what kind of carbos do keep you full then?
i've never really experimented :confused: i just eat what i feel like eating :p

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
My weekly training routine consists of 3 gym sessions (chest+back, legs+shoulders, arms), 3 basketball sessions a week and if I can manage it a couple of swimming sessions. if i miss one session of basketball I do sprint training. Combine a decent exercise regime and a good diet you should lose weight. I dont follow a super strict diet, but I take care in what eat. Junkfood only once a week. Softdrinks as little as possible. Alot of meat means alot of protein which is useful when you train (I also take protein).

iamsickofyear12

HSC
No matter how fat I got I would not go on a diet or sacrafice good tasting food. I would rather run 20km a day than do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)