...Lord Of The Rings... (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
:rolleyes: Stop being such a pain in the arse. If you knew you were going to end up having a whinge about the movie, why the hell open the thread. The title is clear, it's obvious what it's about.

crazyhobo

So basically, when replying to a thread you must in some way agree with the original post? Well excuse me for having an opinion that is more than just describing how much I would like to fuck the lead actors.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
No, but it's pointless if you're just going to have a whinge about it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
Oh, you mean that love story that took up a third of the movie?

Aragorn: I love you.

Elf chick: I love you to, but we can't be together.

Aragorn: I know.

Repeat for an hour.

TTT should've been an hour shorter than it was. Good the bits just didn't make up for the crap you had to sit through to get to em.
That didn't take up much of the movie at all, it is part of the books anyway:). Also, there was just as many "lovey" scenes in "The Fellowship Of The Ring":).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
On a semi-related note, why is it that whenever girls discuss movies it consists entirely of 'omg, this movie is good because it has the hotties in it' ?
Guys do that as well;).

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
I am not gandalf the grey, for i am gandalf the white :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Macccca
The romance was just an excuse to give the elf girl more screen time, she says like 4 words in the book. but as they got someone semi well known to player her (forgot her name) they decided to give her a bigger role, the whole romance triangle thing wasnt even in the book.
Have you even read the book:confused: :p? Her name is Liv Tyler:).

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Merethrond
That didn't take up much of the movie at all, it is part of the books anyway:). Also, there was just as many "lovey" scenes in "The Fellowship Of The Ring":).
It was only referred to briefly in the book. It was in the appendix that it went into the details about it. And which scenes exactly in FOTR had romance in them? There was some sexual tension, but no scenes where they talked about nothing for 10 minutes.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Merethrond
Guys do that as well;).
I'm not sure whether you're trying to be sarcastic or not, but I can tell you that all the guys I know talk about the acting, the directing, the writing, even the music, before they talk about what the actors look like. Yet, 90% of girls will first talk about whichever pinup is fashionable that week.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
It was only referred to briefly in the book. It was in the appendix that it went into the details about it.
In "The Two Towers" the story depicts the return of the king (Aragorn) and his queen, I do not remember precisely because I haven't read the book in a while but I remember there is a lot of romance in the novel.

And which scenes exactly in FOTR had romance in them? There was some sexual tension, but no scenes where they talked about nothing for 10 minutes.
At Rivendell:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I'm not sure whether you're trying to be sarcastic or not, but I can tell you that all the guys I know talk about the acting, the directing, the writing, even the music, before they talk about what the actors look like. Yet, 90% of girls will first talk about whichever pinup is fashionable that week.
Well when I am taking to my friends about a movie I have just seen, a fair bit of the conversation will consist of: "How hot was that girl":). The scrip will be talked about heavily to:).

MindRiot

stickwriter
HSC
yes! LOL and how he says "Stupid fat hobbit!"

and just a petty correction, it's "Smeagol"

HSC
i don't like arwen on the movie at all. sorry but i don't. in the book version she only appeared in ROTK and it's not that long. i don't see why liv tyler wants her character appears so much but if i was the director(peter jackson), i would have fired her for sure and ask for someone else to play arwen. i also don't see the point that she gets promoted so much in promo ads while even more important characters like merry and pippin gets less promotion. gosh i dislike arwen (in the movie).

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
man those pinapples are just weird.

and yeh thats exactly true about arwen (so thats her name). they made a big character from a nothing one for no reasonable reason at all as far a i can see

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
i don't like arwen on the movie at all. sorry but i don't. in the book version she only appeared in ROTK and it's not that long. i don't see why liv tyler wants her character appears so much but if i was the director(peter jackson), i would have fired her for sure and ask for someone else to play arwen. i also don't see the point that she gets promoted so much in promo ads while even more important characters like merry and pippin gets less promotion. gosh i dislike arwen (in the movie).
To attract the male audience;).

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Contrary to what you might think, crazyhobo, girls actually DO pay attention to the quality of the movie itself... shown by the fact that guys can be entertained by two hours of people getting blown up and shot to pieces with a total lack of storyline (eg. Bad Boys, Arnold Swartz. movies). Girls need a little more substance than that.

I admire PJ for the amazing job he did with LOTR, for the script, casting, effects and everything else, NOT just for the guys in the film. That is just a bonus.

And do you seriously think that when guys go and see a film like Tomb Raider or something, they walk out saying 'Gee, what a great script/ storyline /directing etc etc before they comment on Angelina Jolie?? I think not. If that is the case with the guys you know then they are a minority.

Originally posted by **freakstar87**
i also don't see the point that she gets promoted so much in promo ads while even more important characters like merry and pippin gets less promotion. gosh i dislike arwen (in the movie).
I completely agree, she sucks!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
They have "sneak peek" pictures in WHO this week, they look saw awesome. And can I just say, Shelob looks fucking scary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)