...Lord Of The Rings... (2 Viewers)

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Belle
And do you seriously think that when guys go and see a film like Tomb Raider or something, they walk out saying 'Gee, what a great script/ storyline /directing etc etc before they comment on Angelina Jolie?? I think not. If that is the case with the guys you know then they are a minority.
No, because Tomb Raider was a terrible movie. If a guy first comments about a movie is 'great boobies' then you know the movie sucked.

It's pretty narrow minded to classify all action films as lacking in substance and story line. Terminator 2 had both. Most Jacki Chan movies, while lacking in story, are filled with inventive, well choreographed fights. Kill Bill is a great example of well directed action. Even Die Hard provides some of the most entertaining moments on film. Just because a film has a lot of dialogue, does not make it automatically superior to a film which does not.

By the way, I though Bad Boy was complete shit. I literally fell asleep during it, first time that has happened to me since Titanic.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Haha, how bad was Titanic. It was apparently a good movie back then, but now the more you watch it, the more you laugh.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Loz#1
Haha, how bad was Titanic. It was apparently a good movie back then, but now the more you watch it, the more you laugh.
My sister saw it eight times at the cinema. EIGHT! I think that is enough to classifying her as legally insane.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
How the hell could you sit through it? That's 24 hours of Titanic!! Why would you put yourself through such torture?

crazyhobo

How the hell could you sit through it? That's 24 hours of Titanic!! Why would you put yourself through such torture?
That's nothing, she also owns it on video, and must have watched it at least a dozen times.

crazyhobo

Haha, how old is she? Is she in it for Leo?
She's 15 now, but she must have been 10 I guess when it was out in the cinemas. And yeah, it was basically all for Leo at the time.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Haha, now I know where the hatred of "hotties" comes from.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
:eek: You know Theoden in LoTR? He was in Titanic! How weird is that?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
WOW! Who woulda thought an actor to appear in more than one movie? That's pure madness! ;)
Shut up. It's just weird, coz the thread is about LoTR, then all of a sudden we've moved on to Titanic and it's like whooaa.

Oh shut up.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
speaking of lotr actors in other movies, anyone seen 'getting square'?

its got that lotr bloke (one of the human leaders) who plays a cracked up aussie hobo who cant even sit on a chair properly, a hilarious movie. but you would never guess that this bloke was from lotr.

(see im sorta on topic, well at least more than titanic)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Belle
And do you seriously think that when guys go and see a film like Tomb Raider or something, they walk out saying 'Gee, what a great script/ storyline /directing etc etc before they comment on Angelina Jolie?? I think not. If that is the case with the guys you know then they are a minority.
OK, am I the only male on his planet who doesn't find Angelina Jolie attractive:confused:?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
David Wenham. He looks bloody funny in that movie, I need to see it. They've given him good reviews too.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Worst Aussie movie was 'The Hard Word' or some shit like that. I was so fucking bored during that movie.

crazyhobo

Shut up. It's just weird, coz the thread is about LoTR, then all of a sudden we've moved on to Titanic and it's like whooaa.

Oh shut up.
Yeah...it's amazing.

/walks away slowly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)