Lost (4 Viewers)

Morbo

HSC
Re: Lost - Discuss Future Episodes Here!

Claire's probably dead. Now that Charlie is dead her story is running thin... very thin. The last Claire-centric episode 'Par Avion' served nothing to the story, destroyed the Lost timeline as well as introducing another yet-to-be significant character connection that can be explored in another character's flashback. Claire has no chance for the future...
Sun and Jin have a good chance of being the last members of the Oceanic Six and this would also answer a lot of the questions about on-island pregnancies. Locke and Sawyer have both expressed they don't want to leave because they have nothing to go back to. Claire won't probably live long enough to leave the island and I doubt Desmond's story will ever allow him to be with Penelope as the "universe has a way of course-correcting itself". I also believe the writers and viewers would much prefer to follow the lives of the characters first introduced in Season One. I really hope Juliet gets off the island as she (along with Desmond) are the only survivors who actually have somebody (Rachel) to go back too. But highly unlikely as the writers don't particularly like happy endings...
Also, did you notice that at Kate's trial in 'Eggtown', Jack told the court there were 8 "survivors" however the "Oceanic Six" presumably only consists of 6 survivors! Can the other two "survivors" be Michael and Walt? The next few episodes, 'The Other Woman' (Juliet); 'Ji Yeon' (Sun & Jin); 'Meet Kevin Johnson' (speculating it's Michael but unconfirmed) will probably answer these questions and it will also be very interesting to see how they interweave Libby's backstory with possibly one of the freighter's flashbacks. And, since Season 3 will only be 13 episodes we will probably see one episode for each character so from episode 9 there will be a Ben, Claire, Jack, Locke & Sawyer centric episode.

HSC

MaNiElla said:
O-M-G! So how bloody awesome was the 5th episode!! Best one so far, you guys can watch it here (Just choose a link). I was about to cry when Desmond made that call to Penny, it got me so teary eyed. I really, really, really, reeaaally hope that Desmond makes it, and that he cab finally reunite with Penny.
Desmond was so freaking hot back in 1996, so much hotter then the "Island" Desmond :eek:
Also:
Now that we know that Desmond is Daniel Farady's constant, I think that Daniel will die only if Desmond dies. I think that he might be locked in the future or something, and he wont have a constant. But Kudos for Sayid for fixing that phone.
Episode just finished! AHHH. =D

I'm so confused about that constant thing. Someone care to explain it more clearly?

Wow. I hope Desmond gets back to the real world and have long hard sex with Penny. If not, i'd be pissed and the writers are morons.

Ah! can't wait till next weeks episode! =D

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

ZEROtheHERO said:
Episode just finished! AHHH. =D
Was great wasnt it :D

ZEROtheHERO said:
I'm so confused about that constant thing. Someone care to explain it more clearly?
Constant (as explained in wikipedia :p): Something or someone who is present in both times and can serve as an anchor for mental stability. Desmond decides that Penny can be that constant; however, he must make contact with her in 2004.

ZEROtheHERO said:
Wow. I hope Desmond gets back to the real world and have long hard sex with Penny. If not, i'd be pissed and the writers are morons.
Hahaha me too, i really hope so.

ZEROtheHERO said:
Same here :)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Morbo said:
Claire's probably dead. Now that Charlie is dead her story is running thin... very thin. The last Claire-centric episode 'Par Avion' served nothing to the story, destroyed the Lost timeline as well as introducing another yet-to-be significant character connection that can be explored in another character's flashback. Claire has no chance for the future...
But thats sad, I hope that she doesnt die, at least for Aaron's sake.

Morbo said:
Sun and Jin have a good chance of being the last members of the Oceanic Six and this would also answer a lot of the questions about on-island pregnancies. Locke and Sawyer have both expressed they don't want to leave because they have nothing to go back to.
Yeah, you're right. Even if Locke and Sawyer dont have anything to go back for, they still shouldnt die. At least stay back and live on the island but not die.
I hate it when characters get killed, whats the use of introducing them all if they're all going to die at the end :mad1:

Morbo said:
Claire won't probably live long enough to leave the island and I doubt Desmond's story will ever allow him to be with Penelope as the "universe has a way of course-correcting itself". I also believe the writers and viewers would much prefer to follow the lives of the characters first introduced in Season One.
Sorry, but i dont get the "universe has a way of course-correcting itself" part, whats does that mean? and how does it ruin Desmond's chances of reuniting with penny?
Morbo said:
I really hope Juliet gets off the island as she (along with Desmond) are the only survivors who actually have somebody (Rachel) to go back too. But highly unlikely as the writers don't particularly like happy endings...
Me too, i hope they get off. But im not counting Desmond, Juliet, and Ben as part of the oceanic 6. Hopefully, these guys would get off the Island some other way. Maybe the people who hired them would get them off the island or something... i hope.

Morbo said:
Also, did you notice that at Kate's trial in 'Eggtown', Jack told the court there were 8 "survivors" however the "Oceanic Six" presumably only consists of 6 survivors! Can the other two "survivors" be Michael and Walt?
When he said 8 survivors, i thought that he meant the people who survived the plane crash, and the 6 being the ones who got off the island after the crash :confused:

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Pretty cool. interesting take on time travel. Shitting me how slow the plot is moving though. Theres been some wtf moments which were good and all but the actual island itself has hardly featured lately. merealy all flashbacks/forwardflash/side tracks

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

blakegman said:
Pretty cool. interesting take on time travel. Shitting me how slow the plot is moving though. Theres been some wtf moments which were good and all but the actual island itself has hardly featured lately. merealy all flashbacks/forwardflash/side tracks
Yeah, those writers are still introducing new concepts and "mysteries" (which im enjoying so far), but there are still plenty of old stuff that are left unanswered, which is kinda annoying.

Morbo

HSC

MaNiElla said:
I hate it when characters get killed, whats the use of introducing them all if they're all going to die at the end :mad1:
Agreed. But most of the deaths so far have been because the character's stories have "arced" and as a means to progress the plot. (i.e. Boone's death to restore Locke's faith, Shannon's death to bring together the "Losties" and what was left of the "Tailies" under very uncomfortable circumstances, Ana-Lucia's death to cast suspicion over Michael's sudden return and finally Charlie's death in order to contact the freighter). However, the deaths of Libby and Mr. Eko were unnecessary but as I understand it Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje asked to leave the show after his parents death, early in Season 3. With that being said I don't think the writer's would be quick to get rid of any of the current cast, none of them - with the exception of Claire and Juliet - are expendible at the moment but I can see Miles gone soon with Charlotte taking the place of one of the woman (preferably, Claire) and Daniel joining the main cast.

MaNiElla said:
Sorry, but i dont get the "universe has a way of course-correcting itself" part, whats does that mean? and how does it ruin Desmond's chances of reuniting with penny?
Desmond and Penelope are not supposed to be together just like Charlie was supposed to die. During 'Flashes Before Your Eyes', Ms. Hawking explains that the universe has a way of "course-correcting" itself so the same outcome is eventually achieved no matter if somebody attempts to prevent "fate". Desmond was destined to arrive on the island and push the button because it was the only "truly good thing he would do in his life". "Fate" is a hideous bitch goddess in Desmond's case, it has already attempted to separated him from Penelope many times and whenever Desmond or Penelope attempt to reunite there is always something preventing it (in flashbacks, Desmond's cowardice and in present time, the fact he's on the island and she isn't). They will never be together because they are not meant to be together.

MaNiElla said:
When he said 8 survivors, i thought that he meant the people who survived the plane crash, and the 6 being the ones who got off the island after the crash :confused:
I assumed that too but why wouldn't Jack just say they're were only six survivors (he's lied about everything else) unless these two survivors somehow got off the island (either in a body bag or alive)? And, because Michael will be making a reappearance this season under unknown circumstances (I originally thought Michael was Ben's "man" on the freighter but after watching 'The Constant' I'm not so sure) that might be just one of the ways to reintroduce his character.

blakegman said:
Shitting me how slow the plot is moving though. Theres been some wtf moments which were good and all but the actual island itself has hardly featured lately. merealy all flashbacks/forwardflash/side tracks
I believe the answer to that question is that only three days have passed between the events of 'The Beginning Of The End' and 'The Constant'. The survivors are seperated so it's hard to look at what all of them are doing in the one episode. We have Locke, Sawyer, Ben & others at the Barracks, Kate on her way back to the beach, Jack & Juliet at the beach with Charlotte & Daniel and Sun & Jin receiving as little air-time as possible, Sayid and Desmond on the boat, and what's left of the "Others" hiking toward the "temple". So, you can see why on-island events haven't featured as prominently as they used to but as we see the survivors eventually band together to stop whatever "evil" is coming to the island, there will be a lot more group interaction... hopefully.

ZEROtheHERO said:
Next week's episode is titled 'The Other Woman' and is Juliet centric (probably obvious by the previews and title).

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

ommmmmmmmg michael's back.

Morbo

HSC

Michael? Don't you meant Kevin Johnson?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Morbo said:
Michael? Don't you meant Kevin Johnson?
heh, so you were right ay? Michael was Ben's spy all along.

yer8899 said:
Ending: He woke up and it was all a dream.
Imagine that! it'll totally suck.

Morbo

HSC

Wow, 'Meet Kevin Johnson' was a great episode for its reveal (and, Cynthia Watros' cameo) and that final scene:
"Wait! Wait! Don't! I'm Ben's daughter! I'm his daughter".
And, now we wait... for episode nine. Thus, giving us time to debate our favourite episode of the season thus far. For me it's:
Ji Yeon > Meet Kevin Johnson > The Constant > Eggtown > Confirmed Dead > The Economist > The Other Woman > The Beginning Of The End.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Morbo said:
Wow, 'Meet Kevin Johnson' was a great episode for its reveal (and, Cynthia Watros' cameo) and that final scene:
"Wait! Wait! Don't! I'm Ben's daughter! I'm his daughter".
And, now we wait... for episode nine. Thus, giving us time to debate our favourite episode of the season thus far. For me it's:
Ji Yeon > Meet Kevin Johnson > The Constant > Eggtown > Confirmed Dead > The Economist > The Other Woman > The Beginning Of The End.
mmmmmmmm, i really didnt like this episode at all :\

1st of all, i didnt like how Ben and co. were basically using Michael in the sense that "If you help us, you will redeem yourself" crap.

2ndly, Michael was foolish trying to kill himself and telling Walt about what he did.

3rdly, I was pissed at Ben, because i think that he is responsible for shooting Alex's mum and boyfriend. I think he wanted revenge, as he was unhappy with Alex being with her boyfriend and that she is giving Rosseu more attention then him. Its sad because Rosseu (whatever her name is) didnt even get the chance to bond with her daughter after all those years! :mad:

Im getting pissed off at Lost atm.

My favourite episode of the season so far is:

The constant> Ji Yeon> The Other woman> the rest of the other episodes.

/rant

ell16

HSC

"Ji Yeon" is easily the best of the season. Really powerful ending, did not see it coming at all. "The Constant" comes close though.

Foxodi

HSC

Ji Yeon was good... though I think The Constant was too much of a filler for me.
Episodes 7 and 8 in the states are pretty damn good :) Though I wouldn't advise dling them since theres like a month wait for any new episodes - delay due to the writers strike.

Morbo

HSC

Foxodi said:
Ji Yeon was good... though I think The Constant was too much of a filler for me.
Wow if you thought 'The Constant' was a filler, I'd hate to think what you thought of 'The Other Woman'.

Foxodi said:
Though I wouldn't advise dling them since theres like a month wait for any new episodes - delay due to the writers strike.
The people at Network Seven are bastards. Australian viewers have to wait till Thursday 17th, April to watch 'Ji Yeon' (that's a month after the US airing) so by the time the ninth episode: 'The Shape of Things To Come' airs in US, 'Meet Kevin Johnson' will air here. Whether you download the episodes or not it still means there will be a month hiatus in between watching these episodes.

MaNiElla said:
3rdly, I was pissed at Ben, because i think that he is responsible for shooting Alex's mum and boyfriend. I think he wanted revenge, as he was unhappy with Alex being with her boyfriend and that she is giving Rosseu more attention then him. Its sad because Rosseu (whatever her name is) didnt even get the chance to bond with her daughter after all those years! :mad:
I really don't think Ben orchaestrated the shootings. In the episode 9 preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l57DiqSKGKY, Ben looks genuinely afraid while defending the Barracks with Locke ('The Shape of Things To Come' appears to be Locke or Ben centric). Don't you think it would be dissappointing to have Harper or Cindy to come out of the bushes to start off episode 9 after the episode 8 cliffhanger? We also know Frank and Keamy are headed to the island in the helipcopter. And, I really dont think Rousseau is dead. The same thing can not be said for Karl. Let's take a moment to remember our ol' pal, Karl...

HSC

MaNiElla said:
Constant (as explained in wikipedia :p): Something or someone who is present in both times and can serve as an anchor for mental stability. Desmond decides that Penny can be that constant; however, he must make contact with her in 2004.
Thanks! that helped

ell16

HSC

oh yeah, was anyone else yelling at their screens at Karl at the end of "Meet Kevin Johnson"?

he's watching the bottle for like half an hour, just staring at the water spilling out

Morbo

HSC

he had it coming...

tanna

HSC

NOOOO ROUSSEAU :(
there goes the chance of getting a flashback/flash forward from her

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)