Lost (1 Viewer)

Morbo

HSC
Re: Lost - Discuss Future Episodes Here!

Okay, 'The Shape Of Things To Come' is my new favourite episode of Season 4 so far lol. I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot more of Penny to come...

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Morbo said:
Okay, 'The Shape Of Things To Come' is my new favourite episode of Season 4 so far lol. I'm thinking we'll be seeing a lot more of Penny to come...
omg...

*rushes off to download it*

brb ^_^

Morbo

HSC

Just confirming 'Cabin Fever' will be Locke centric.
Also, after looking at the guest stars list for the season finale 'There's No Place Like Home', it appears to be flashbacks of various characters (much like the Season One finale, 'Exodus'). The unconfirmed guest star list includes:
L. Scott Caldwell (Rose)
Nestor Carbonell (Richard)
Jeff Fahey (Frank)
Kevin Durand (Keamy)
Anthony Azizi (Omar)
Andrea Gabriel (Nadia)
Byron Chung (Sun's father, Mr. Paik)
June Kyoko Lu (Sun's mother, Mrs. Paik)
Lillian Hurst (Hurley's mother, Carmen Reyes)
Cheech Marin (Hurley's father, David Reyes)
Veronica Hamel (Jack's mother, Margo Shephard)
Michelle Forbes (unknown character)
Susan Duerden (Claire's mother, Carole Littleton) - N.B. Duerden is not the same actress who appeared as Claire's mother in 'Par Avion'
Noah Craft (unknown character)

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Morbo said:
Just confirming 'Cabin Fever' will be Locke centric.
Also, after looking at the guest stars list for the season finale 'There's No Place Like Home', it appears to be flashbacks of various characters (much like the Season One finale, 'Exodus'). The unconfirmed guest star list includes:
L. Scott Caldwell (Rose)
Nestor Carbonell (Richard)
Jeff Fahey (Frank)
Kevin Durand (Keamy)
Anthony Azizi (Omar)
Andrea Gabriel (Nadia)
Byron Chung (Sun's father, Mr. Paik)
June Kyoko Lu (Sun's mother, Mrs. Paik)
Lillian Hurst (Hurley's mother, Carmen Reyes)
Cheech Marin (Hurley's father, David Reyes)
Veronica Hamel (Jack's mother, Margo Shephard)
Michelle Forbes (unknown character)
Susan Duerden (Claire's mother, Carole Littleton) - N.B. Duerden is not the same actress who appeared as Claire's mother in 'Par Avion'
Noah Craft (unknown character)
Hey Morbo! :)

I have just finished watching The Shape Of Things To Come, Something Nice Back Home, and Cabin Fever, I must admit that they were all pretty good. But, the whole series is getting confusing and there are some stuff that i just dont get anymore.

- Who exactly are the bad guys now? I still cant tell if Ben's a "good guy" or not anymore. I also think that he may have had something to do with the death of Sayids wife? I mean, why the heck would penny's dad want to kill Sayids wife for? The reason i think it's Ben, is because Ben knows that Sayid would seek revenge, and that sorta behaviour would be of advantage to Ben....Sayid can kill more people for him, easier for Ben to reach his goals, etc.

- I also dont get the whole thing about John Locke's childhood. How did that man know about his birth, or know that Locke has something special in him?

- Also, who are Daniel, Frank, and Charlotte siding with? Frank wasnt happy with Keamy's behaviour and all (Keamy seems to be acting according to his own rules), so i dont where those guys are standing.

Oh, and sawyer was such a man in those 3 episodes, trying to protect Claire and Aaron, from miles, and Hurley from Locke :eek:

Morbo

HSC

I dont think there is one good or bad guy. I guess it's a matter of perspective all the characters on Lost are capable of doing good and bad things. If you look at the death tally of the survivors versus the hostiles, it is pretty obvious that the survivors have killed more innocent "others" yet the viewer will still see them as the "good guys". I dont think Ben is evil, he is just manipulative and cunning. The lighting in the final scene of 'The Shape Of Things To Come' is symbollic of the opposing sides of Ben/Charles (only half of Ben's face is lit in this scene while Charles face is also partly lit but from the opposing side). But, I do think Ben is manipulating Sayid, his smirk after that scene with Sayid was very unsettling.

Which man are you talking about? Richard Alpert of Matthew Abaddon? I thought Abaddon telling Locke to go on a Outback Walkabout was cheating by the writers part - kind of like rewriting history.

proringz

HSC

Lost has been heaps good this season. Best one yet. Tt keeps getting better and better everyweek. Dam i wanna see the 2 hour finale now lol

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC

omg im downloading the last 2 hour season finale ATM. im having an orgasm

Morbo

HSC

They also shot two additional dummy scenes to prevent leaking the final reveal in the season finale with
Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin.

U

Ubik

bigboyjames said:
I know right, oh, Awesome, downloads finished guys!

U

Ubik

That was unexpected.

Season finale delivers on so many levels. Progresses the plot very nicely.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

bigboyjames said:
Damn, i'm capped for another 1 and a half weeks.

HSC

Last night's episode, wow. First off, THANK GOSH Desmond didn't die. So happy he was reunited with Penny.

Walt is woaahhhhh now. He's so huge and grown up. I didn't recognize him.

The sadest scene ever in the history of lost must be the scene with the helicopter and Jin. I knew he was going to die, but i still felt emotional. If only they waited like 20 seconds!

Morbo

HSC

I dont think Jin's dead. Michael on the otherhand is confirmed dead which I think was a waste for them to bring him back and for him to only appear in five episodes all season.

HSC

Oh come on. Micheal isn't dead. What was up with that whole scene with Jack and Claire's dad talking to him? And just before the explosion to?

But maybe Micheal is dead. Maybe Micheal has joined Jack's dad's crew (I think his name is Christion or some crap?), and be like all spooky and ghostlike.

The end.

Foxodi

HSC

Great episode.
I had predicted Locke's death in this episode too :)

Also I wouldn't say that Jin dieing has been the most emotional moment in Lost, imo it would be Charlie dieing at the end of season 3?

Only 2 more seasons to go until the final revelations.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC

Jin is definatley alive, but its being covered up.

The flash-forward (possibly a flash-black) where Jin is in a rush to buy the panda for a client's wife, and the flash-forward where Jin and Hurley visiting the grave of Jin seemed very dodgy aswell.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Morbo said:
They also shot two additional dummy scenes to prevent leaking the final reveal in the season finale with
Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin.
Is that true? I dont get it :(

ZEROtheHERO said:
Last night's episode, wow. First off, THANK GOSH Desmond didn't die. So happy he was reunited with Penny.

Walt is woaahhhhh now. He's so huge and grown up. I didn't recognize him.

The sadest scene ever in the history of lost must be the scene with the helicopter and Jin. I knew he was going to die, but i still felt emotional. If only they waited like 20 seconds!
Yeah i know, i was so happy for Desmond, finally...and thank god that Sawyer didnt die!! I was so sad for Jin and locke, i hope those darn producers are feeling happy and good about themselves now :mad1:

What got me the most is that this season's over and there are still so many things that we still don’t know, and they didnt give any satisfying answers to any of the other stuff from other seasons, such as:

-The numbers that keep haunting Hurley
-The effect that happened when Desmond stopped pushing the button
-How the others can get off the island and back (and im talking about the guy with eyeliner, Alper I think?)

Im pretty sure there were other stuff that should be added to the list, but i cant remember atm.

Morbo

HSC

ZEROtheHERO said:
Oh come on. Micheal isn't dead. What was up with that whole scene with Jack and Claire's dad talking to him? And just before the explosion to?
Michael is definately dead. Harold Perrineau (the actor who plays Michael) confirmed it in an interview recently. I took Christian's comment: "You can go now, Michael" as the island's way of informing Michael that he has redeemed himself, he no longer "has work to do" and can now die. More importantly, we are yet to see the status of Claire, another "spooky, ghostlike" addition to Jacob's clan perhaps?

CharlieB said:
The flash-forward (possibly a flash-black) where Jin is in a rush to buy the panda for a client's wife, and the flash-forward where Jin and Hurley visiting the grave of Jin seemed very dodgy aswell.
It was definately a flashback. The writers cleverly disguised Jin's flashback and Sun's flashforward as one story and fooled the viewer into believing that the events were occuring concurrently. The gravestone had the date of the crash (September 22, 2004) on it, which is consistent with the "lie" the Oceanic Six are telling the public but the events of "Ji Yeon" are shortly after they leave the island (6-7 months) while the events of Sun's flashforward in "There's No Place Like Home Part 2" are approximately three years (according to Kate) after they leave the island and we dont know whether "Jeremy Bentham" has approached Sun between these two time periods (however, I assume he has and has told her about Jin's survival and that may be the reason why Sun is so eager to help Charles Widmore to locate the island, reuniting her with her "lost" husband).

MaNiElla said:
What got me the most is that this season's over and there are still so many things that we still don’t know, and they didnt give any satisfying answers to any of the other stuff from other seasons, such as:

-The numbers that keep haunting Hurley
-The effect that happened when Desmond stopped pushing the button
-How the others can get off the island and back (and im talking about the guy with eyeliner, Alper I think?)
We know that apparently the numbers are "bad". Hurley was institutionalised in 'Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute' where he first encountered the numbers from Leonard Simms, a patient at the hospital. Leonard first heard the numbers repeating on a loop while he was stationed in the Pacific with Sam Toomey, who also believes the numbers to be cursed and thought the only way to break the "curse" was to shoot himself in the head with a shotgun. Apparently, the numbers were also what led Danielle Rousseau's expedition team to the island (they heard the numbers being transmitted on a loop from the island and upon investigation were shipwrecked onto the island). The numbers also appeared in the hatch: 4+8+15+16+23+42 = 108 (i.e. the counter which appears in 'The Swan'). These numbers are significant to the Valenzetti Equation, a mathematical interpretation of how many years human existence will survive (from, The Lost Experience).
Desmond exhibited "super powers" after turning the fail-safe key. He can now relive past events such as those in "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and "The Constant" while also being able to see the future, for example in "Catch 22". A consequence of this new found ability is upon leaving the island, one must only leave and enter on a bearing of 305 degrees, if he leaves on a bearing other than this, he will begin to exhibit side effects of becoming "unstuck in time", much like Minkowski. To prevent this from happening, Desmond must contact someone which exists in both time periods, Penny.
The "Others" had a submarine which they could use get off and on the island. Unfortunately, Locke blew the submarine up before Jack and Juliet could leave in "The Man From Tallahassee". Since this, none of the "Others" have been shown to ever leave the island, with the exception of Ben (who used the Orchid to "teleport" one year into the future, to the Sahara Desert). We've seen Ethan, Richard and Tom off the island but these took place before "The Man From Tallahassee". Also of interest, the "Others" were building a runway "for the aliens" (according to Juliet) on the Hydra Station, possibly an alternate method of leaving the island but since then, The Hydra has now been abandoned.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

Morbo said:
Michael is definately dead. Harold Perrineau (the actor who plays Michael) confirmed it in an interview recently. I took Christian's comment: "You can go now, Michael" as the island's way of informing Michael that he has redeemed himself, he no longer "has work to do" and can now die. More importantly, we are yet to see the status of Claire, another "spooky, ghostlike" addition to Jacob's clan perhaps?

It was definately a flashback. The writers cleverly disguised Jin's flashback and Sun's flashforward as one story and fooled the viewer into believing that the events were occuring concurrently. The gravestone had the date of the crash (September 22, 2004) on it, which is consistent with the "lie" the Oceanic Six are telling the public but the events of "Ji Yeon" are shortly after they leave the island (6-7 months) while the events of Sun's flashforward in "There's No Place Like Home Part 2" are approximately three years (according to Kate) after they leave the island and we dont know whether "Jeremy Bentham" has approached Sun between these two time periods (however, I assume he has and has told her about Jin's survival and that may be the reason why Sun is so eager to help Charles Widmore to locate the island, reuniting her with her "lost" husband).

We know that apparently the numbers are "bad". Hurley was institutionalised in 'Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute' where he first encountered the numbers from Leonard Simms, a patient at the hospital. Leonard first heard the numbers repeating on a loop while he was stationed in the Pacific with Sam Toomey, who also believes the numbers to be cursed and thought the only way to break the "curse" was to shoot himself in the head with a shotgun. Apparently, the numbers were also what led Danielle Rousseau's expedition team to the island (they heard the numbers being transmitted on a loop from the island and upon investigation were shipwrecked onto the island). The numbers also appeared in the hatch: 4+8+15+16+23+42 = 108 (i.e. the counter which appears in 'The Swan'). These numbers are significant to the Valenzetti Equation, a mathematical interpretation of how many years human existence will survive (from, The Lost Experience).
Desmond exhibited "super powers" after turning the fail-safe key. He can now relive past events such as those in "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and "The Constant" while also being able to see the future, for example in "Catch 22". A consequence of this new found ability is upon leaving the island, one must only leave and enter on a bearing of 305 degrees, if he leaves on a bearing other than this, he will begin to exhibit side effects of becoming "unstuck in time", much like Minkowski. To prevent this from happening, Desmond must contact someone which exists in both time periods, Penny.
The "Others" had a submarine which they could use get off and on the island. Unfortunately, Locke blew the submarine up before Jack and Juliet could leave in "The Man From Tallahassee". Since this, none of the "Others" have been shown to ever leave the island, with the exception of Ben (who used the Orchid to "teleport" one year into the future, to the Sahara Desert). We've seen Ethan, Richard and Tom off the island but these took place before "The Man From Tallahassee". Also of interest, the "Others" were building a runway "for the aliens" (according to Juliet) on the Hydra Station, possibly an alternate method of leaving the island but since then, The Hydra has now been abandoned.
A+++ post :)

I was just wondering about the spoiler that you posted earlier, the one about Desmond and Sawyer, is it true?

Also, is Claire dead? I dont think she is, and i dont think she's a ghost too, What do you think happend to her? She just disappeared without a trace :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)