Lost (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Re: Lost - Discuss Future Episodes Here!

im pretty sure it was common knowledge

even if you didnt recognise kates dad from the earlier episode, seeing him holding a picture of kate was a pretty big give away.

and the hatch dude did have a very recognisable voice.
forgot a bit about that episode but i think he mentioned something about soldiers dying under his command so he ended up working for dharma. i think with the destruction of the hatch theyll kind of just sweep alot of things under the rug for a very long time.

theres alot of little connections between the characters. im guessing the meaning of them wont be explained until the show ends (maybe they were just short of actors?)

iamsickofyear12

HSC

Such a big break is a bit annoying but the good thing is when it returns there will be 16 unbroken episodes to finish the season.

insanerp

HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
Such a big break is a bit annoying but the good thing is when it returns there will be 16 unbroken episodes to finish the season.
They did it in response to Americans complaining about all the repeats. If you ask me they should just make more episodes. 25 for a season isn't enough, it should be at least 30 imho.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC

insanerp said:
They did it in response to Americans complaining about all the repeats. If you ask me they should just make more episodes. 25 for a season isn't enough, it should be at least 30 imho.
25 a season is more than most tv shows, generally a season consists of 22 episodes. there arent enough weeks in a year to make that many hour length episodes, and maintain level of quality

insanerp

HSC

yeah i guess lost would turn into a soapie if there were any more eps per season. the time between eps also helps to build anticipation, too, although i don't know if that's necessarily a good thing.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

insanerp said:
That's fair enough. I hate repeats aswell. None of the channels over here would do that. They would keep showing repeats no matter how many people complained.

I don't like the way everything is structured around times when ratings are counted. Surely there is a better way to do it.

25 is plenty. They already drag it out as it is. If there were 30 or more nothing would ever happen.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

wow that was a sad ep

<3 eko.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC

that was a nice episode, they explained quite a few things from past episodes. its starting to become difficult to tell whos the "good" guys and the "bad" guys now.

Ben, being religious, seems to be the Others equivalent of Locke and Eko.

The black mist now seems to have some kind of religious connection.

the concept of fate was brought up a few times.

its hard to tell whether the others are the good guys or if their mind games continue.

they finally explained why eko was building a church.

while including christian teachings they also seem to question them that episode. alot of symbolism with eko being given the cross and then questioning his faith in the end.

all up it was a pretty good episode.

*spoiler below

the fake eye that the tailies found in their hatch during the start of season 2 must belong to the guy with the eyepatch they saw on the surveilance. shame that the few seconds they saw him none of the tailies were there.

also $50 says the golf club guy with the orange shirt dies before the end of the season.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

Poor Eko...he was a good, strong character

Saw next week's preview...looks really good

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC

the black smoke takes many forms, Yemi, Christian, (possibly Dave), the horse etc - it looks inside people... Rose says that when she heard it it sounded like traffic, then later she said she could also hear monkeys - this links with her living in the bronx, familiar sounds of the traffic and bronx zoo...
...the black smoke/monster/security system only attacks people when they are fearful I think - remember that Eko once stared it down into submission and it went away - that was when he was strong, but in "The Cost Of Living" he was vulnerable...
I thought it was interesting that when Desmond noted the Pearl stations location relative to the smugglers plane was a great coincidence, Lock says "don't mistake coincidence for fate" - one of EKO'S quotes...
also in regards to Eko dying, sure it was bad and all, but honestly what a way to go out! Probably the most dramatic death we've seen on the island so far!

I HEART LOST VERY MUCHLY!!!
shame that after next week, well hav to wait till feb :(

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC

i dont think the smoke backed away from eko because he wasnt afraid but because it was saving him for later.

yemi told eko to stop john blowing up the hatch and also revealed to him the pearl station so i think it was planning on using him somemore. yemi also convinced eko to convince john to still believe in the "island", so im guessing the smoke has some kind of motives.

im thinking theres some connection between the "good people" that the others were talking about and the island only communicating with john and eko. once eko refused to "confess" he was no longer a "good" man or it realised it couldnt use him anymore and killed him off.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

that was a huge ep wow...

big hiatus now :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

sunjet said:
that was a huge ep wow...

big hiatus now :(
But where will they run to? They need a boat..

and what of Jack? 1 hour and then....??

Dammit can't wait 3 months

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

3 months more like 4 more seasons :p

aaron.mac

HSC

the new ep will be good - it is a juliet flashback - should be some good reveals...

*Lozzie*

HSC

iamsickofyear12 said:
That's fair enough. I hate repeats aswell. None of the channels over here would do that. They would keep showing repeats no matter how many people complained.
lol that is so true

aaron.mac

HSC

Good spoilers for the first episode after the hiatus.. (thought i'd add them) - they don't blow the plot or anything btw..

Episode 3.07: Not In Portland (Juliet-centric)
Airdate: February 7, 2007
  • Kimberly Estrada will be appearing as Sherry in Episode 7.
  • On a remote Hawaiian beachscape where turquoise waves slither up tan sands, Josh Holloway, Evangeline Lilly and several others (including Others) are filming a whopper of a scene for a February episode of LOST. Spotting this reporter through the trees, Elizabeth Mithcell scoots over... "Well," she says, cheerfully excusing herself, "I'm going to go shoot someone." Cameras rolling, she expertly wields a Sig Sauer and pumps two bullets into someone shocking; the still-standing are left gasping as she coldly lowers the gun.
  • According to some pictures, Ethan would appear in Juliet's flashback. Probably working at the same lab Juliet was.
  • "LOST" turned the John A. Burns School of Medicine into the Miami Central University's Medical Research Laboratory. And it seems like a flashback for Juliet, the new character played by Elizabeth Mitchell. She meets an older gentleman (played by Zeljko Ivanek, if this photo and Jen's encyclopedic brain are to believed). According to Spoilerfix, the guy is probably Edmund Burke. They talk in front of the building, he steps into the street... and is hit by a bus.
  • I just found out that Episode 7 is a Juliet flashback.http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx
  • In this episode will be Sherry, an intelligent and formidable woman in her 40s or 50s. She is smart, analytical, well-rounded, and charming. http://www.spoilerfix.com/
  • This episode will feature Edmund Burke, a smug in his 50s who has a laboratory in a university, who is the type to divorce his wife to date a young woman in her early 20s. He likes to take credit for other people's work. Also in the episode is Albert Hofmann, a highly selective recruiter for a bio-tech company.

ippie

HSC

wow thanks for the spoilers.

bloody hell why are they taking such a long break? even heroes is back in the US.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC

Just watched ep7.. pretty boring tbh, Lost should definitely finish up at the end of this season.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

There's just way to many different storylines now...its hard to keep up with everything...what happened to Hurley and the numbers?? so now Desmond is in some never ending loop?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)