Lost (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Re: Lost - Discuss Future Episodes Here!

lol, thats exactly why i hate jack. He always has that stupid "Im about to cry now" look.

and about libby, I honestly dont care about her past story. Who cares, not like she played a huge role in the series anyway, besides befriending hurley imo.

LordPc

HSC

its returning soon so why dont we get some discussion up and going again?

so what does everyone hope to get out of the final season?

im looking for answers about Alpert. it seems that every other character has had some questions answered, but i think there have been none whatsoever for Richard

Clank_

HSC

Anyone else seen the S06 premiere ?

Incredible stuff :D

Anonymous-

Banned
HSC
N/A

Just watched it. I dont get the parallel time line

Clank_

HSC

One is if the explosion averted the crash, the other is if it didn't.

LordPc

HSC

i think its a time split. if time didnt split like the show seemed to imply, then how can jack and the others detonate the H-bomb and stop the plane from ever crashing?

they wouldnt. which means the plane would have crashed. so you kind of get stuck in a loop.

totally shocked by the Locke and smokey reveal.

cautiously optimistic about the new group of 'others' at the temple. im really hoping that the writers dont just attribute a whole bunch of stuff to them without explanation.

Anonymous-

Banned
HSC
N/A

Richard was a slave on the black rock lol

Clank_

HSC

I'm not going to get my hopes up on them answering any questions for the most part of the season. They'll wait until the last two episodes.
Well, that's kind of the beauty of it. It always leaves you wanting to watch more.

Morbo

HSC

i think its a time split. if time didnt split like the show seemed to imply, then how can jack and the others detonate the H-bomb and stop the plane from ever crashing?

they wouldnt. which means the plane would have crashed. so you kind of get stuck in a loop.
Juliet's posthumous comment seems to indicate Jack's plan "worked" though. I like how detonating Jughead caused the length of everyone's hair to change in the "flash-sidewards".
I'm not going to get my hopes up on them answering any questions for the most part of the season. They'll wait until the last two episodes.
I thought we got plenty of answers within the first two hours:
MIB is the smoke monster.
Jacob is dead.
Juliet is dead.
Jack's plan worked.
Jack's plan didn't work.
Significance of black ash around Jacob's cabin revealed.
Richard was a slave on The Black Rock.
First glimpse of The Temple.
Relic in Hurley's guitar case contains a list of the survivors names.
Cindy (flight attendant), Zack & Emma (Tailie kids) are Others.
Sayid is murdered.
Sayid is "revived".

LordPc

HSC

id agree. the episode gave off a few more answers than usual, but as always, answers produce more questions, particularly

MIB is the smoke monster: WTF?
Jacob is dead: or is he? sayid?
Significance of black ash around Jacob's cabin revealed: revealed but not explained.
First glimpse of The Temple: heaps of questions
Cindy (flight attendant), Zack & Emma (Tailie kids) are Others: again, wtf?

we also had that little effect where we swam through the ocean to reveal the island is underwater

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC

Juliet's posthumous comment seems to indicate Jack's plan "worked" though. I like how detonating Jughead caused the length of everyone's hair to change in the "flash-sidewards".

MIB is the smoke monster.
Jacob is dead.
Juliet is dead.
Jack's plan worked.
Jack's plan didn't work.
Significance of black ash around Jacob's cabin revealed.
Richard was a slave on The Black Rock.
First glimpse of The Temple.
Relic in Hurley's guitar case contains a list of the survivors names.
Cindy (flight attendant), Zack & Emma (Tailie kids) are Others.
Sayid is murdered.
Sayid is "revived".
I kind of thought the nemesis being the black smoke monster was obvious though...

I only just watched it on TV tonight
I found this theory about Jacob on Lostpedia which I quite like (I'll put it in spoiler brackets just in case people get all annoyed):
Jacob's 'shell' may be dead, but once dumped in the fire he vanished. Vanished possibly into the body of another, Sayid for example. Knowing that the MIB can only reappear in the form of someone dead throws a wrench into my theory of Jacob being Sayid, seeing that Sayid doesn't have a corpse lying around the jungle somewhere. Maybe Jacob, with his seemingly endless power, can infiltrate the actual corpse of someone unlike his Nemesis. The healer in the temple seemed to believe that Sayid was in fact dead, so him coming back to life is a miracle, or Jacob stepping into that body.
  • Upon further thought, a question arrives in the theory above... How does Jacob's ghost, or Jacob himself, talk to Hurley? In the body we have come to know Jacob as, that is.
    • Jacob had "died an hour ago" as of the time of that conversation. Hurley gets visited by dead people all the time. In their previous encounter, Jacob explained that this wasn't a sign of insanity, but was in fact a gift Hurley has - so from now on we can assume a greater degree of "consistency" in what kind of "visions" Hurley is having.
So it doesn't make complete sense or anything but the idea is there and it could be a possibility. It could possibly explain Miles's weird reaction too.

Still really curious about Richard's inability to age.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

someone wanna run me down on whats happened ever since heroes came into losts timeslot all those weeks ago?
... BECAUSE I MISSED LIKE 6 EPS, SO I DIDNT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON AND I STOPPED WATCHING

:(

i miss lost

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

richards inability to age.. he must be from the future then, he wont age until he reaches HIS current time.

i read this massive 9000 word thingo ages ago and it explained everything, so if the above didnt make sense to you then maybe you're not up to it in the series :eek:
the thingo said that when you travel back in time with the islands magic thingo, you wont age, UNTIL you come back to the time period you came from (not sure if that means travel back to the future, or live ur life in the past, let the days go by, until you're in your present)

i stopped watching a while ago becasue i missed eps and i didnt know what was happening.

Morbo

HSC

I kind of thought the nemesis being the black smoke monster was obvious though...

I only just watched it on TV tonight
I found this theory about Jacob on Lostpedia which I quite like (I'll put it in spoiler brackets just in case people get all annoyed):
Jacob's 'shell' may be dead, but once dumped in the fire he vanished. Vanished possibly into the body of another, Sayid for example. Knowing that the MIB can only reappear in the form of someone dead throws a wrench into my theory of Jacob being Sayid, seeing that Sayid doesn't have a corpse lying around the jungle somewhere. Maybe Jacob, with his seemingly endless power, can infiltrate the actual corpse of someone unlike his Nemesis. The healer in the temple seemed to believe that Sayid was in fact dead, so him coming back to life is a miracle, or Jacob stepping into that body.
  • Upon further thought, a question arrives in the theory above... How does Jacob's ghost, or Jacob himself, talk to Hurley? In the body we have come to know Jacob as, that is.
    • Jacob had "died an hour ago" as of the time of that conversation. Hurley gets visited by dead people all the time. In their previous encounter, Jacob explained that this wasn't a sign of insanity, but was in fact a gift Hurley has - so from now on we can assume a greater degree of "consistency" in what kind of "visions" Hurley is having.
So it doesn't make complete sense or anything but the idea is there and it could be a possibility. It could possibly explain Miles's weird reaction too.

Still really curious about Richard's inability to age.
Yeah so did I but it was confirmed in that episode. What I don't understand is what happened to Christian's body and Yemi's corpse but why didn't Locke's body mysteriously vanish? It's safe to assume, MIB manifested into Yemi but why is the corpse missing? If Sayid is truly the host for Jacob (I don't think he is), was Jacob also using Christian as a host? Why did Christian say he wasn't Jacob but he "can speak on his behalf"? Was Christian a manifestation of the MIB? Is that why he told Sun & Lapidus to wait for John Locke? Argh, my head hurts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)