Lying on a resume. (1 Viewer)

Flissty

Hicksville, between a mountain and a paddock full
HSC
Who has tried it?
And I don't mean just stretching the truth, but writing proper b/s with regards to past jobs, experience, responsibilities, dates, pay, references etc.

Hypothetically, what would you do if someone you employed lied, and wasn't capable of doing the job?

Or if they turned out to be very efficient workers?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I wouldn't do it. It WILL get unearthed some way or another. That said, I DO stretch the truth. but who doesn't?

And this is usually on most application forms; but if you are found to have lied on the resume or in the application process (such that the application doesn't provide a true and fair view of your actual skills, then they reserve the right to fire you.

Lydia_88

HSC
I wouldn't do it. It WILL get unearthed some way or another. That said, I DO stretch the truth. but who doesn't?

And this is usually on most application forms; but if you are found to have lied on the resume or in the application process (such that the application doesn't provide a true and fair view of your actual skills, then they reserve the right to fire you.
+ 1... it backfires if they find out.....

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
+ 1... it backfires if they find out.....
But in the meantime you've earnt heaps of money.
If you're going to do it, make it believable, do it properly (get a good friend to be a fake reference or buy a second mobile phone), make sure you can look someone in the eye and lie and most importantly, don't do it if you actually want the job really badly. If it's just a part-time/casual job at some shitty firm, then knock yourself out. But if it's your dream job, then you don't want to fuck it up.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
But in the meantime you've earnt heaps of money.
If you're going to do it, make it believable, do it properly (get a good friend to be a fake reference or buy a second mobile phone), make sure you can look someone in the eye and lie and most importantly, don't do it if you actually want the job really badly. If it's just a part-time/casual job at some shitty firm, then knock yourself out. But if it's your dream job, then you don't want to fuck it up.
I wouldn't do it full stop. People talk to each other, whether you like it or not.

People LOVE to gossip, could slip out and BAM! there goes a majority of your opportunities just because you want to make a few quick bucks.

EG: Frind's bf works at an accounting firm --> she lied on her resume about having5 or so year experience. So she was working on a huge client .. and she screwed it up badly. She got sacked and most probably, she would be talked about by HR and stuff.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
lol i stretched the truth abit on my resume for things like receiving a perfect attendence award for 4 years (1 year in reality) and working for my current company for 3 years (when in fact it was on and off for 3 years). I also don't trust my boss as referees so i enlist my friends as referees :D
Yeah, I stretch the truth all the time. I've listed being a Christmas Casual at Cotton On for three months, when in reality I only ever had a single shift there, my contract just lasted three months. I lie about why I left each job. I lie about my sporting commitments. I lie about my responsibilities in previous jobs.
My entire resume is just one big lie, except the important stuff which they can ask me for proof of.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I wouldn't do it full stop. People talk to each other, whether you like it or not.

People LOVE to gossip, could slip out and BAM! there goes a majority of your opportunities just because you want to make a few quick bucks.

EG: Frind's bf works at an accounting firm --> she lied on her resume about having5 or so year experience. So she was working on a huge client .. and she screwed it up badly. She got sacked and most probably, she would be talked about by HR and stuff.
Well no, you're probably an idiot to do it to a major firm in the same industry you want. But I'm talking either do it in the retail, hospitality, etc industries if you're studying for something else, or make sure it's some tiny, backwater firm that would never possibly have contact with the outside world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)