Maintaining a Balance Tips (1 Viewer)

oadams09

HSC
when you say make sure you have examples of australian organisms..

what do we actually need examples for?

temperature regulation?

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
when you say make sure you have examples of australian organisms..

what do we actually need examples for?

temperature regulation?
How the organisms maintain an optimum temperature. Either by decreasing or increasing. E.g burrowing, thick waxy cuticles, fur, large leaves for increased intake of sunlight etc.

HSC
How the organisms maintain an optimum temperature. Either by decreasing or increasing. E.g burrowing, thick waxy cuticles, fur, large leaves for increased intake of sunlight etc.
yeah i learnt the coroboree frog & the mitchell hopping mouse!
& there were no questions about it in our test lol

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
yeah i learnt the coroboree frog & the mitchell hopping mouse!
& there were no questions about it in our test lol
Lol, those are unusual.
It's part of the syllabus though, and they've asked questions regarding it many times before. Mine is on Tuesday and i have like a 4 day gap between the Bio exam and any other, plus it is my last exam too :D
Would have thought that the syllabus would have changed by now, being science which is constantly changing and all. This thread is vintage bos lol.

natalie.anne

HSC
thanks, very helpful.. i just have trouble remembering the changes in blood composition as it moves around the body.. does anyone know any easy ways of remembering it? cos i think i might be trying to go to into detail when remembering it..and is this question important to remember?

HSC
Lol, those are unusual.
It's part of the syllabus though, and they've asked questions regarding it many times before. Mine is on Tuesday and i have like a 4 day gap between the Bio exam and any other, plus it is my last exam too :D
Would have thought that the syllabus would have changed by now, being science which is constantly changing and all. This thread is vintage bos lol.
lol are they? oh....lol
bio was my first half yearly exam.

samthebear

HSC
thanks, very helpful.. i just have trouble remembering the changes in blood composition as it moves around the body.. does anyone know any easy ways of remembering it? cos i think i might be trying to go to into detail when remembering it..and is this question important to remember?
yes it is important to remember just go:

Blood in (less oxygen) > Lungs > Blood out (more oxygen)

Blood in (Less urea) > Liver > Blood out (less Urea)

Blood in (more Urea) > Kidneys > Blood out (less Urea)

Blood in (less glucose) > Small intestines > Blood out (more glucose)

Blood in (More glucose) > Muscles > Blood out (less glucose)

i think thats it. It helps to remember what the organ does so you can remember what happens in the blood composition upon entering and leaving that organ. and every cell in the body needs glucose for energy so if you get a more complex question use some common sense and basic knowledge =]

natalie.anne

HSC
thankyou!! i had my exam today haha i think i was freaking out a little bit too much..i have p.e tomorrow :(:(:(:( cant wait till this is all over!!

Dogenzaka

HSC
Wow thanks so much Mito! That really is helpful, im going to print this and have it on my wall haha

Annum

HSC
Hey guys, I dont know how to make a new thread and desperatly need an answer for my question. Hope you can help me.

Name the other product formed when protein is broken in the liver to form urea. What happens to this product after its formation?

I really hope someone can help me.

Wondersmash

HSC
I have my practical on Monday!!!!!!!!!! I never conducted enzyme or blood cell exam ahhhhh

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Tell me what experiments you need to specifically know, I can help. Be more specific, 'enzyme or blood cell'. What's the dot point. Does the notification tell you what is going to be tested?

ocatal

HSC
I think it is the enzyme practical where you'd have to test the coagulating abilities of rennin.

So essentially what you're doing is testing rennin in various conditions (temperature, pH and substrate concentration) in order to determine the effects of the changing variables.

andrea1612

HSC
There seems to be a lot of people asking for notes on this thread so I thought I would post this quiz I made online. It's based on questions and answers from last year's exam paper so it's a bit tough - let me know what score you get!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)