• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Manual Vs. Automatic (1 Viewer)

Manual Vs. Automatic

• Manual

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Automatic

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

Predator78

HSC
Manual by far.

Thats why racecars are manual :D

Seriously though its better for drivers to have a grasp of both. Those times when you need to drive someone elses car that is manual to get somewhere in a hurry is one of them times.
It barely happens and is a lame example but most should have an idea of both to improve their awareness etc.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Manual by far.

Thats why racecars are manual :D

Seriously though its better for drivers to have a grasp of both. Those times when you need to drive someone elses car that is manual to get somewhere in a hurry is one of them times.
It barely happens and is a lame example but most should have an idea of both to improve their awareness etc.
Actually they use them because they are mandated in the rules in most cases.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Point taken. :)
(I just made a complete newb of myself :p)
Its cool, personally I'd rather have a manual but you can bet your ass F1 and such would use completely automated gearboxes if they could.

Edit: Mind you they'd bare no resemblance to the torque converter type of automatics that are in most cars.

sickk

HSC
manual, i hate driving automatic, even in the city..
diesel manual rocks because its so torquey and it just feels so solid, not like some of the gutless petrol manuals, i would pick diesel manny over petrol anyday (even if they do sound a bit like a tractor)

i want to give the paddle shifters a go, but i dont know anyone with an F1 car or amg merc :lol:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Dual clutch transmission ftw. It's fast when I want it to go fast, and it's nice and comfortable when I sit in traffic.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Manual. I dunno, once you've learnt it its just as easy as Auto anyway.

chuboy

HSC
Manual by far.

Fuel consumption is better too, btw. Also, if you're driving a heap of shit car like most of us would be, if your auto transmission goes, thats that, you need a tow. But you can drive a manual forever (at least till you get home), even if your clutch finally dies on the way.

chuboy

HSC
Totally. If you change a gear in a car, you might as well be wanking off some gay guy you've never met off the street <_<

EDIT: Actually, i've thought about it for a while and I decided I can't think of a single similarity between the two.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
so you two are the biggest faggots in the entire world hey?

good luck with that

Phantomeureka

HSC
I think that if you don't have basic hand-eye co-ordination (ie. drive a manual) you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)