Marks over 80 or 90 get extra 5 points? (1 Viewer)

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Somebody told me that if you get over 80 in a subject, then UWS or some uni gives you an extra 5 points for every subject? Or is it 90? Or is this complete bs?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
UNSW also offers bonus points for related subjects: usually 2 for a band six and 1 for a band five. I forgot the site where you check it though, sorry.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Almost all unis have some sort of bonus point scheme, e.g. UNSW's HSC Plus. I know some of them don't have a centralised scheme, e.g. ANU, but each faculty makes up its own policy on bonus marks - can be hard to find, but they will give them.

Eddykungfu

HSC
Google "HSC PLUS UNSW"

Thats for university NSW. Up to max 5 points.

Evertonian

HSC
I also know that if you live in western sydney, uws give you 5 extra bonus points for being disadvantaged.

terminator69

HSC
I also know that if you live in western sydney, uws give you 5 extra bonus points for being disadvantaged.
It isn't a disadvantage to live close to uws and that's not what they're giving the points for.

JB10

HSC
Every uni offers bonus points except for Sydney I believe.

So happy, the course at UNSW I want to get into has a requirement of 81.65, I got 81.15. But with 5 bonus points I will get in :)

Wollongong offers up to 3 bonus points.
UNSW offers up to 5.
UWS offers up to 10.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It's not because of disadvantage, rather it's because you live in their feeder area, and they want to encourage local students to go there. It's offered by lots of unis - I know of at least ANU, Newcastle and SCU.

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Every uni offers bonus points except for Sydney I believe.

So happy, the course at UNSW I want to get into has a requirement of 81.65, I got 81.15. But with 5 bonus points I will get in :)

Wollongong offers up to 3 bonus points.
UNSW offers up to 5.
UWS offers up to 10.
You can get a max of 6 at UOW. You can get the 3 points for going well in your subjects related to your course and another 3 for being in the "drawing area" (pretty much for living in the Illawarra I think...?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)