Marks = ...? (1 Viewer)

Sorrow

HSC
N/A
Marks to me equal self worth. My marks completely suck now, thus self worth = low...

What do marks mean to you?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
my marks mean absoultely nothing to me.... im not trying to be cocky or anything.... but ive been getting 95+ for everything since yr 7. and well i dont feel anything to be honest. its probably beause when i go home and tell my parents my good marks eg) 95% in a 3unit math and 98% in 2u math they are like.... good boy..... and just continue working. lol . pretty lame ... but yer, marks arent really a reflection of how i feel. the phase where i would feel good if i got 95+ or feel bad if i got <80 is over :S

Legham

HSC
I don't give a shit about marks :/ I just want to get enough to shut my mum up so she doesn't try and keep me in on the weekends..

Legham

HSC
nichhhole said:
i wish my parents were harsher..
ie/./
more strict..
and restrictive.

they just leave me be and trust that i'll do whats best for me.
BOS at 1.36am is NOT whats best for me.

arghhhhhhhhhhh!
i;m just a pathetic teenager crying for wireless to be confiscated!
Haha, nooo thats a good thing :) At least you're having more fun along the way

-pari-

HSC
N/A
in the end i dont think any amount of strictness from parents works much. you have to have that feeling from inside - you have to go for it yourself :)

marks to me dont mean much. like SS, i look at my ranks right now. i'll worry about marks in the externals :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Ironically to get good ranks you need good marks so no matter what you say you care. :p

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yes I meant marks I corrected my statement. Yes you still do care about your marks no matter what you say it's only because your marks are always high and you go to a decent school that you can say that.

P

pLuvia

SS said:
Obviously you meant marks, but still, I don't care about my marks as long as I have the ranks.
You will be thinking the opposite when you get to uni :p

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
My mark range is quite large, ranging from 38% (MX1) to 85% (IPT & Chemistry) ... so yeah, I'm a very natural person !

I also came 1st in Physics, but I'm on the top half of my subjects (except for MX1)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
nichhhole said:
arghhhhhhhhhhh!
i;m just a pathetic teenager crying for wireless to be confiscated!
Aargh, not the wireless! Losing all of those groovy tunes from the radio waves must such a dreadful happening.

Last edited:

Chocolat

HSC
I think I've said this before, but as tends to be the case, I'm going to repeat myself :p.
I see my schooling life as only a sector of my life. And while it is considerably important, and of course I do try and do the best that I possibly can, it's definitely not the most important thing in my life. Like for example, if I completely bombed out in an assessment, sure I would be disappointed, but I would be a lot more fussed if I was in the middle of a huge argument with someone that I care about or if I was accused of hurting someone. I definitely do not equate my marks at school as being a judgement of who I am. I equate it into how much effort I put it and my state of mind when I was sitting it (if the task was an exam).
So, to answer your question, marks to me are important in terms of determining my rank and stuff for the HSC and entry into university...but in comparison to the other parts of my life, which are a hell of a lot more important, they mean nothing :).

idling fire

HSC
Marks = marks. Sure, there are plenty of inferences you can draw, but why bother.

And @pLuvia - I could waste hours just watching your avatar licking. Cute lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
idling fire said:
Marks = marks. Sure, there are plenty of inferences you can draw, but why bother.

And @pLuvia - I could waste hours just watching your avatar licking. Cute lol
and yay for tin tin! <3'd that comic!!

for me,

Marks is a number. weee
the higher the mark, the higher then umber!!! ... and lower the mark the lower the number and so on and so forth. =]

in the end, all that matters is that I like pie. =]

Sofstar

HSC
I care about rankings more. And trying to beat my smart friend. We were on par in chem! and then she found 2 more marks! *shakes fist*

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sofstar said:
I care about rankings more. And trying to beat my smart friend. We were on par in chem! and then she found 2 more marks! *shakes fist*
don't u hate when that happens! haha

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sofstar said:
Yes!. Next exam *eyes smart friend*
haha

just sneak some laxatives ... into her food/drink. ;)

guaranteed to get higher than her =D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)