• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension 1 Predictions/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

herbimycin

HSC
Was it 2020 that the current syllabus started? I just want to work out which papers will be fully relevant to us

realjohnpork

HSC
Well 2020 had a massive 8 mark combs question in q14 plus a multi
2021 had a 1 marker
2022 had a 2 marker and a multi
2023 had two 2 markers and a multi
This is from glazing over the papers just now, so not garunteed to be accurate, but should give an idea of what you can expect
Yeah I just went over the 8 marks combs question had me on ropes - but they are all each 2 marks per so really we've never seen more than two marks per.

On another note in the e2 exam we got a question asking us to explain what was wrong with some proposed proof; do you think we could get a question (perhaps something perms/combs related) that asks us to explain the problem with some hypothetical?

bruhmoment.

HSC
Yeah I just went over the 8 marks combs question had me on ropes - but they are all each 2 marks per so really we've never seen more than two marks per.

On another note in the e2 exam we got a question asking us to explain what was wrong with some proposed proof; do you think we could get a question (perhaps something perms/combs related) that asks us to explain the problem with some hypothetical?
ye its highly likely that something similar to the 4u question could come up. but in terms of 3u induction or even proofs, they wont give too difficult of a question, if not just a mc. pretty sure a few trials do sometimes have a mc question where its like, in which line of the proof did Mr.skibidi sigma go wrong? and its like very easy to spot the mistake

K2Trappy

HSC
Does anyone know the most marks they've allocated to a single perms/combs question? I feel like every paper has like one or two qs but theyre usually like 2 marks max (or even a multi)
not hsc but one ruse trial had like 8 marks of perms and combs in q11

jozepy

HSC
e2 was pretty alr this yr, u reckon e1 will be easier then last years aswell or harder

realjohnpork

HSC
e2 was pretty alr this yr, u reckon e1 will be easier then last years aswell or harder
From what I've heard, standard and adv were pretty damn hard compared to previous years, however with e2 I thought it wasn't too bad comparatively except for 15/16 where it got pretty problematic. At least for e1 - I think last years wasn't too bad, my prediction is that it will be harder than 2023 but easier than 2022 - that q14 in the 2022 paper had me fighting for my life lol

user1207

HSC
What are hard 3U trials to do for practise? I've done the hsc ones already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)