Maths sucks (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The hatred and lack of progression of a certain subject area usually stems from the very beginning where basic skills were not mastered so the current stuff makes no sense...

Most people I know who hate maths or were no good at it never really practiced on their basic skills from a young age (e.g. algebra, arithmetic, geometry etc) so they find the HSC course a pain in the arse because the course assumes that you have nailed those basic skills and moves on to something harder. So my guess is that if you're going nowhere, particularly with easy questions, that's probably because you haven't developed your skills enough during your junior years...

r we dere yet

HSC
i agree totally

The hatred and lack of progression of a certain subject area usually stems from the very beginning where basic skills were not mastered so the current stuff makes no sense...

Most people I know who hate maths or were no good at it never really practiced on their basic skills from a young age (e.g. algebra, arithmetic, geometry etc) so they find the HSC course a pain in the arse because the course assumes that you have nailed those basic skills and moves on to something harder. So my guess is that if you're going nowhere, particularly with easy questions, that's probably because you haven't developed your skills enough during your junior years...

DontWorryCuz

HSC
aghh i hate maths with a passion i regret choosing it as one of my subjects for the HSC. thats gona scale me down heaps, i already have an N award for it. seriously dont know shit about it and dont care lol

HSC
im not bad at maths.
i just dont like it lol.

some topics are alright.
hate applications of calculus though arghhh!!!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
The reason I say this is because maths is essentially about apply formulas to the questions, and when I do this. My shit goes all wonky and I can never solve anything.......

hmmmmmm nah don't like it. Does anyone have any miraculous tips that can work a miracle....
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASPHEMY!

You heard me.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
im not bad at maths.
i just dont like it lol.

some topics are alright.
hate applications of calculus though arghhh!!!
aw, cmon. The practical topics where you are able to put maths into use are the interesting ones and are what keep me coming back for my next hit of maths (don't snort it kiddies XD)

Practical maths ftw.

HSC
aw, cmon. The practical topics where you are able to put maths into use are the interesting ones and are what keep me coming back for my next hit of maths (don't snort it kiddies XD)

Practical maths ftw.
not for me they arent.
i can do them & everything, i just find them boring!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Practical maths ftw.
I don't think you'll say that if you end up doing 4unit. Mechanics is very very hard.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you'll say that if you end up doing 4unit. Mechanics is very very hard.
Although I have heard it is really had, it's what i'm really into. I like practical uses for maths and is what I understand (even though I may not get it right every time, but then again, who does!).

I can't wait to take a taste of 4U

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
not for me they arent.
i can do them & everything, i just find them boring!
I've heard quite a number of students referring to maths as 'boring'. "boring' maths certainly ain't; what is more likely is these students are not up to it, including those who claim to have no problems with it. It is easier to say 'I find it boring' than to admit 'I'm no good at it'. It is being in denial.

If it were boring would some of the finest minds be trying to crack some of the problems like Fermat's last "theorem", the 4 colour problem, Poincare's conjecture etc etc, some of these for the last few decades or centuries. Unbelievably hard they may be but 'boring' they certainly ain't.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a matter of opinion. I find some subjects boring that others find interesting.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

I dunno, i know quite a few people who are insanely good at maths but still really don't like it. That would be the worst, i think.

lolokay

HSC
are there any school subjects that don't suck tho?

just apply da formula better

maths94

HSC
The reason I say this is because maths is essentially about apply formulas to the questions, and when I do this. My shit goes all wonky and I can never solve anything.......

hmmmmmm nah don't like it. Does anyone have any miraculous tips that can work a miracle....
mayb u just do not like the thought of maths so u do not even bother trying in class.

oly1991

HSC
i wouldn't say maths is fun or boring although i find it interesting

i also like the feeling when u get the answer after a huge amount of working out

its also cool how all the basic stuff you learn in the yr 7-10 comes to use in the complex topics.

K

khorne

Those who say mathematics is complicated, do not realise how complicated the world around them is.... Good quote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)