MathsX2 Help please! (1 Viewer)

yxs

HSC
Hi everyone,

My school just had its first MathsX2 exam and I didn't do really well (there are 40 people doing the course and my ranking so far is 29) the assessment task is worth 20%.
I was just wondering...is it still possible for me to achieve top 10 rank if I do well in the Half-Yearlys, Trial and another assessment task or is this first assessment for X2 really important and kind of determine your rank in this course.
Because I'm comparing my results and seeing which one I should drop (I've got 12 units so far), MathsX2 is my lowest one so far but I really like it and it scales really well so...I'm debating whether I should drop it or not.

Thank you!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Well it's hard to judge merely from the information you have given. Was it a hard exam? Was the highest mark much higher than yours? You could be ranked 29th, with 28 people above you being 1 mark ahead, in which case if you beat them by 1 mark in the next assessment with a GREATER weighting, you will be on top. Stuff like that is integral to assessing your potential to achieve top 10.

vds700

HSC
imo its gonna be hard for u to jump 20 places. But I'd stick with it, just work hard and you never know.

Good luck

frostysnow

HSC
I think you should keep it. But to get to top 20 you have to put in extra effort, like doing questions from different books by topic and conclude something from it.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
its very possible to climb up in ranks at this stage, but its not gonna be easy as everyone else is going to try they're best as well, u'll have to put a lot more effort in.

shaon0

HSC
yxs said:
Hi everyone,

My school just had its first MathsX2 exam and I didn't do really well (there are 40 people doing the course and my ranking so far is 29) the assessment task is worth 20%.
I was just wondering...is it still possible for me to achieve top 10 rank if I do well in the Half-Yearlys, Trial and another assessment task or is this first assessment for X2 really important and kind of determine your rank in this course.
Because I'm comparing my results and seeing which one I should drop (I've got 12 units so far), MathsX2 is my lowest one so far but I really like it and it scales really well so...I'm debating whether I should drop it or not.

Thank you!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Well there is still 80% up for grabs, so why not?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
at the end of the day its how much of work do you think you can put in without sacrificing your other subs. Then you need to consider whether or not putting in all this work is actually effective and worth your time.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
keep on going; i failed my first assessment, had similar thoughts about dropping 4unit, but kept it and got 95 for it at the end =)

yxs

HSC
thankx guys:)
it was a pretty easy exam so everyone else got pretty well. It was our first assessment on X2 so I didn't know what to expect. I was really upset when I received my marks back but it was my bad time management too cos I had 2U and X1 one and two days before the X2 test...
thank you guys~I'll keep it for now, work really hard and see how I go:)

does anyone know any good X2 Past Paper Books on sale?!
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)