metal fans your suggestions are needed (1 Viewer)

HSC
Cradle of Filth?

... why, thomas, why?!

Though, I respect his ability to split his voice - that's kinda cool.

I don't listen to these. Asked a friend for some metal bands and he said:

"lamb of god, all that remains, killswitch engage, at the gates, all shall perish, caliban, carcass, black dahlia murder, as blood runs black, arch enemy, bleed the sky, metallica, megadeth, daysend, 5 star prison cell, deftones, deicide, devil driver, shadows fall, divine heresy, divinity, dream theatre, opeth, the faceless, hatebreed, the haunted, heaven shall burn, himsa, job for a cowboy, machine head, SLAYER."

Go nuts.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if you like nile then behemoth and necrophagist are worth checking out (behemoth and nile are good friends, karl sanders has a guest solo in a behemoth song and nergal, i believe, has contributed (somehow) to nile, and necrophagist play in a similar techdeath style, but way more technical).

if you like in flames then nightrage, insomnium, and wintersun are DEFINITELY worth checking out.
edit: i know u already listen to insomnium, but give the other 2 a go, any metal fan will like em.

Last edited:

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
hehe, Scurrvy is another pirate metal band (folk/power metal). I dont listen to em, but they sound funny :haha:
Yea Scurrvy are pretty funny... but Alestorm are Scottish and sing about Wenches, mead, taverns, Captain Morgan... have a piano accordian and sing "arrrr"... best ever...

out of those listed, i would say only these are worth listening to (and only the earlier material from each band)
Shut up... you're an idiot. A HUGE amount of good Metal bands have been referenced here.

Teclis

HSC
Opeth - If these guys aren't on your list you can forget about any Metal cred you might have had, Porcupine Tree were mentioned, If you don't like them then you have no musical credibility whatsoever...
Machine Head, Meshuggah, Perpetual black sound, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Dreamtheater, Dimmu Borgir, Mastadon, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Leviathan, Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Obituary, Arch Enemy, Bloodbath, Soilwork, Satyricon, Amon Amarth, Trivium, Tool, Gojira...

Yea you missed a few....

lolokay

HSC
Opeth - If these guys aren't on your list you can forget about any Metal cred you might have had, Porcupine Tree were mentioned, If you don't like them then you have no musical credibility whatsoever...
lol
Machine Head, Meshuggah, Perpetual black sound, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Dreamtheater, Dimmu Borgir, Mastadon, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Leviathan, Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Obituary, Arch Enemy, Bloodbath, Soilwork, Satyricon, Amon Amarth, Trivium, Tool, Gojira...

Yea you missed a few....
:confused: a lot of these weren't mentioned in the post I quoted

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
um, wat?

havnt listened to porcupine tree, but i dont really like opeth.

i do, however, like Akerfeldt's side project, Bloodbath.

And in terms of musical credibility, all i can say is Insomnium (all their albums), Wintersun (only got 1 album), and Nightrage (i only like a select few songs, but those songs are really awesome). Best melodic death metal in existance.
Amon Amarth's pretty good mdm too, but its quite heavy as well, which makes em a different kind of awesome.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
hmm..

If you want the hardest metal in the world, try dragonforce. Slipknot and korn are also good places to start too. They are very very heavy and they have cool guitar skills (i'm trying to learn sic).

That's about all you'd need for a while i guess...
what the above poster said are spot on recommendations. However, to add along the lines of metal and hard to play, you might also like to check out limp bizkit for their unmatched brutality and epic song structures, disturbed for their technical guitar solo work with sweep arpeggios, and slipknot for their complex song structures and intrikate one of a kind double bass drumming, which really gives their songs a massive boost.

omg lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hahahaha, complex song structures, hahahahahahahahhahahaha.

if u want complex song structures and good drumming, u cant go past nile and necrophagist.

George Kollias from nile is probably the best drummer in metal. One of my favourites, along with Zbignew Robert Prominski (aka Inferno, from Behemoth) and Romain Goulon (from necrophagist).
Completely shits all over Joey Jordison.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
hahahaha, complex song structures, hahahahahahahahhahahaha.

if u want complex song structures and good drumming, u cant go past nile and necrophagist.

George Kollias from nile is probably the best drummer in metal. One of my favourites, along with Zbignew Robert Prominski (aka Inferno, from Behemoth) and Romain Goulon (from necrophagist).
Completely shits all over Joey Jordison.

hahahaha sooooooo complex....like they have this ONE riff which they like repeat over and over.....man i cant understand it it's so complex!!! =S .....and this double bass drumming they have....it's like so unique and makes slipknot's drumming like the best!!!

well tbh im not a huge metalhead, but i have heard necrophagist....OMG that drumming ROCKS!!!!!!! and i reckon probably ANY drummer ANYWHERE could shit all over Joey Jordison lololol

Teclis

HSC
um, wat?

havnt listened to porcupine tree, but i dont really like opeth.

i do, however, like Akerfeldt's side project, Bloodbath.

And in terms of musical credibility, all i can say is Insomnium (all their albums), Wintersun (only got 1 album), and Nightrage (i only like a select few songs, but those songs are really awesome). Best melodic death metal in existance.
Amon Amarth's pretty good mdm too, but its quite heavy as well, which makes em a different kind of awesome.
lol Bloodbath aren't a side project, they're a supergroup :)

If it's Opeth's soft stuff you don't like, then check out their album "Deliverance"... It was a double with "Damnation" with all the soft stuff on Damnation.

Porcupine Tree aren't metal... but the guy behind the project produced some of Opeth's best albums. They're progressive.... somewhere between Rock and metal... they're one of those bands like Radiohead that reinvent themselves after each album. If you like Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Tool etc you'll probably love at least one of their albums...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol Bloodbath aren't a side project, they're a supergroup :)

If it's Opeth's soft stuff you don't like, then check out their album "Deliverance"... It was a double with "Damnation" with all the soft stuff on Damnation.
haha, yes supergroup.

also, i'll check out those opeth albums.

and yea, Akerfeldt is amazing. I got Bloodbath's live at Wacken album, vocals are just as awesome live as they are when studio recorded (which is very rare).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)