Modern Music like KPOP vs Classical Music (e.g Mozart) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSC
Uni Grad
Of course world spheres of power constantly change and the next 50 years are
Going to be very interesting indeed. There USA will decline in importance although I would regard that as the rest of the world catching up. Africa is going the be the real place to watch over our lifetimes though.

Again though, how does this diminish my point, that Asia as a whole is 20years behind the west lol?
Because Asia has developed at a much quicker rate than Europe overall, so they caught up quickly. Developments worth 20 years in Europe were equivalent to 3-4 years of developments in Asia.

So you don't deny that asia as a whole still has a lot of problems related to poverty and lack of freedom?

Ofc I don't deny that. I do know that Asia still has a lot of poverty, but the rate at which it is decreasing is much higher compared with the time of the Industrial Revolution.

Also, lack of freedom is another thing. In Asia, a good model is to restrict freedoms so that economic growth can be concentrated on. Amongst that, the government will start opening up new opportunities like scientific research and such. Freedoms can be expanded in that as well. So it's like an upside down pyramid; they start small but eventually grow larger in size. All of this is done for the greater good of the people and the government.

Having said that, there's still tonnes of corruption in the Chinese government. =_=

Last edited:

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Of course world spheres of power constantly change and the next 50 years are
Going to be very interesting indeed. There USA will decline in importance although I would regard that as the rest of the world catching up. Africa is going the be the real place to watch over our lifetimes though.

Again though, how does this diminish my point, that Asia as a whole is 20years behind the west lol?
True. My point is your petty saying "we're better than them". I mean, as fucking corny/idealistic as this sounds, the only way people get out of shit is by "working together" (there i said it). I mean, where the fuck would Australia be right now if emerging nations didn't need our fucking resources? (and ohhh they <3 it don't they)

Then again fuck i don't know wheither your trolling so fuck this shit.

OP: I think K-pop is aids (no harsh feelings 40239857492)

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
True. My point is your petty saying "we're better than them". I mean, as fucking corny/idealistic as this sounds, the only way people get out of shit is by "working together" (there i said it. I mean, where the fuck would Australia be right now if emerging nations didn't need our fucking resources? (and ohhh they <3 it don't they)

Then again fuck i don't know wheither your trolling so fuck this shit.

OP: I think K-pop is aids (no harsh feelings 40239857492)
</3

meh that's your opinion :L

but +1 for the first point

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
somehow the uni's are flooded with asians and all the whites are in TAFE or out in worker inferior jobs, yep we are inferior to your stupidity.
Don't be ridiculous! That is a very gross generalisation.

In fact in my Advanced Maths degree (which you would think would be full of Asians), there is a substantially large percentage of Caucasians.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
somehow the uni's are flooded with asians and all the whites are in TAFE or out in worker inferior jobs, yep we are inferior to your stupidity.
Mate don't be fucking racist when you'll complain when he's racist.

In the end: Don't generalise/say shit you don't understand. Let people be what they are. Call out the shitcunts when you see them. Leave the rest of us alone.

HSC
Asia has developed at quite a fast rate yes and this is excellent, development benefits everyone (no one more than Australia; see resources boom). Africa is actually developing faster than Asia I am pretty sure also.
And you must know that development is inversely exponential in a sense? Once you a highly developed it takes a lot more time and effort to reach the next level of development

But has the ground work for this development been laid by western innovation?

Yes this concept of restricted freedoms in order to advance the nation as a whole doesn't sit well with me. That Is similar to the principles of fascism. Lots of nations developed quickly without restrictions on freedom

Is there really even a price you can put on freedom? Would you rather be enslaved and prosperous or free and less prosperous?

And I based this observation (20yrs behind ) off nothing lol obviously it was a generalization. There is a 20 yr gap in development within Asia itself lol

HSC
Haha mate don't be so butthurt
Can you really not look at this objectively and admit that as a whole Asia still has a lot of development to do?
And Australian educated Asian students will play an important role in this development

You all seem to be forgetting that Australia's economy is majority based on services sector and mining is a vast
Minority
Infact I am pretty sure that education is out main export

HSC
Haha why do you all keep making this a me against you type thing lol aren't you all also australian?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
But has the ground work for this development been laid by western innovation?
That's true. But you also have to factor in that that western wealth was based upon colonialism (it was what kept Britain + France alive). (Also ironically the west got this power from utilising guns, which they adapted from chinese gunpowder lol).

But my point is the East/rest of the world has much to thank west. But now the East has it's own thinkers. It's own innovators.
There is so much scientific research happening outside of the west.

Again, give it time.

Yes this concept of restricted freedoms in order to advance the nation as a whole doesn't sit well with me. That Is similar to the principles of fascism. Lots of nations developed quickly without restrictions on freedom

Is there really even a price you can put on freedom? Would you rather be enslaved and prosperous or free and less prosperous?
Agreed 100%.

Haha why do you all keep making this a me against you type thing lol aren't you all also australian?
What is Australian haha?

jamesfirst

HSC
srsly..

how old are you???

comparing Kpop to classic???.... dumb shit

HSC
Lol yeah like I said the rest of the world is going to catch up over the next few decades and this may be excellent for everyone
But will probably result in resource wars lol and everyone will realize that the USA were smart to consolidate the middle east in 2003 haha

Don't you consider yourself Australian? We all grew up here didn't we? Why so most of you seem to have this unwavering support for your ancestral cultures lol

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Africa is actually developing faster than Asia I am pretty sure also.
Which part of Africa are you referring to specifically? If you are referring to Africa as a whole continent, I do not think it is developing faster than Asia. Countries like South Africa are growing fast, but this is offset by the extreme poverty and lack of technological advancements in much poorer countries like Somalia. We must also consider the problem with gangs terrorising the locals there.

And you must know that development is inversely exponential in a sense? Once you a highly developed it takes a lot more time and effort to reach the next level of development
To what factor do you think it is inversely exponentially proportional to? You make a very valid point. Taking into account increased population makes technology more difficult to advance, since resources must of course be diverted to aforementioned increased population.

It does not sit well with me either but considering the enormous populations of countries such as China, some people see it as the only solution.

I don't think 'enslaved' is quite the right word to use. Perhaps 'restricted'. Unfortunately in China, there is no 'middle term'. Primarily rich people, or poor people. Not much 'in between'. This implies that perhaps the socioeconomic status plays a small factor when it comes to freedom.

There is a 20 yr gap in development within Asia itself lol
In some parts of Asia, there are sometimes development gaps in excess of 100 years :p

On an unrelated note (well.. actually related), how did a Kpop vs Classical suddenly derail towards a "White vs Asian" thread full of flaming?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Don't you consider yourself Australian? We all grew up here didn't we? Why so most of you seem to have this unwavering support for your ancestral cultures lol
Haha who said we/i had "unwavering support" for that either?

Postcolonial Disillusionment biatch. :p

HSC
Because I said (in relation the music styles ie boy bands) that Asia was 20yrs behind the west lol

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Wait why are you cunts talking about race? This is about nations. Nothing more.

Once you talk about race it complicates everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)