Module B: Critical Study of Texts (Merged) (1 Viewer)

LostAuzzie

HSC
That question was EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Just had to be critical which was what my prepared essay structure was. Very pleased, although left it till last with 30mins to go so got 6 pages.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yeah i just did an essay for mine.. it didnt really specify so i wouldnt be too worried about doing the conversation

ryanl11

3 speeches to analyse the techniques of, to give the intented reception, the reception of in the context, the reception of in a contemporary society and to give your own reception of whilst writing in a form of defending your reasons as to why you think the texts will be relevent in the future?
The English examiners are kidding themselves.

I also fail to see how the modules (such as Emma/Clueless) can be out of 20 where the Journeys synthesis essay is out of 15, and it has much much more depth it it, especially when studying 4 texts.

rowan brand

chloe169 said:
It was pretty vague, was I the only one who wrote a conversation dialogue? What did everyone else do?
I RECCON... what a mysterious question. I did a speech in front of the class (as it said it was a class discussion) and i made it directd at a student who had criticised me.

Veyr odd question. alot of ppl from my grade did essays. I dont know how but. coz it said it was a class discussion?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I did an essay, sort of, it was more like a written response in that it was less structured than a formal essay. But it still had intro, argument, argument, argument, conclusion or whatever.

At first I thought it might have been asking for a convo too, but I figured if they don't ask for one overtly, fuck'em, they won't get one. Don't worry though, some people in my grade did convos so you're definitely not alone.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i first outlined the "personal response" that was supposedly challenged then wrote basically an explanation to back it up sort of thing.

but my teacher said that you really could have done anything it was so ambiguous

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I did an essay with a 'my opponent is totally wrong', 'as you can see, my fellow students' etc.

Zali

HSC
yeah i kinda did an essay type debate speech type thing lol. i dunno the question was extremely vague.

Boz_87

HSC
Hey mate i did the conversation style thing too for King Lear and discussed a traditional(Humanist) and modern/contemporary (Feminism) but made it as much as possible like a critic discussing. One of my subjects was basically a director of discussion and summary of values and concepts.

Last edited:

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
did wuthering heights!!! love da question... really easy!!!

mcs

HSC
I did it as an essay but with a few interjected comments towards the person- like you may say this about this, but I think this this this! But meh was a strange question to say the least.

adambra

HSC
I did Lear. Question didn't specify productions I didn't know whether to mention or not, ended up doing it because I don't actually know enough about the text :O

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ryanl11 said:
3 speeches to analyse the techniques of, to give the intented reception, the reception of in the context, the reception of in a contemporary society and to give your own reception of whilst writing in a form of defending your reasons as to why you think the texts will be relevent in the future?
The English examiners are kidding themselves.
exactly my thoughts. ridiculous question. spent too much time trying to answer the question for three speeches that i dindt finish powerplay :(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
rowan brand said:
I RECCON... what a mysterious question. I did a speech in front of the class (as it said it was a class discussion) and i made it directd at a student who had criticised me.

Veyr odd question. alot of ppl from my grade did essays. I dont know how but. coz it said it was a class discussion?
I did the same as you, I wasn't gonna risk doing an essay...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I did it like an informal essay. I dramatised it a bit, treating it like a court case with stuff like "...the following allegations have been made against the reading...". I then proceeded to defend it and try and work out how on earth I was going to remember a third poem.

jayson

HSC
yeh wtf?...3 poems?...onli had 30 min to write it aswell...just waffle and bs

rowan brand

Dumsum said:
I did the same as you, I wasn't gonna risk doing an essay...

HEY HEY... thast is a huge relief.

The fact is. becasue they didnt specify and becasue candidates have writen soooo many different text types, they are going to have a hard time determining what was teh 'correct text type to do'. they are gonna end up accepting anything. SO as long as u communicate the question and convey what the marking criteria says..... that will do.

Shanan

Lumen Ex Tenebris
HSC
i did king lear - loved it!!!! was so lucky. My tutor pointed out that they have never asked a question on the value of the text (ie what the hell is so good about it) so it was all i studied that. Had no clue bout my interpretations. SO LUCKY they didnt ask for them!

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i was a bit shocked, i was praying so hard that we wouldn't get specified a speech and was very thankful, although a bit freaked out because of three speeches, i'd only written essays for two, so i had no idea how to cram in another one..

i did lincoln first (longest analysis, ironic since shortest speech), then king and shoved in about a page on goldman!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)