Module B: Critical Study of Texts (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Revolution

HSC
I did a conversational dialogue for Module B... I had myself talking about most of the important stuff, with the "student" asking questions and trying to challenge me. :D

bonniejjj

HSC
I did Cloudstreet. It was a really good question- I basically just wrote an essay that addressed the points in the questions.

I wrote about:
Postcolonial: Australia identity (vernacular etc...)
Reconciliation
The house as metaphor for Australia, act of colonisation
Spirituality: Magic Realism

Used a few quotes from critics and the like to backup my argument.
Also touched on other things but those were the points I talked about in detail...

Then I talked about how it is received in other contexts and why it has recieved international acclaim (because the story is fundamentally about human...) Blah blah textual integrity, then concluding;

"in the articulate words of Veronica Brady from The West Australian 'It is, I suspect, a masterpiece."

Well thats all I can remember of what I wrote.

Nadia-Jane

HSC
I just did an essay aswell. It never really occured to me to do a discussion or conversation type dialogue response. It doesn't really say it was a class discussion, just that your class had been exploring the question, so for all that means it is just what the class had been learning about Cloudstreet. (well i did cloudstreet)

I did however include 'I beleive that tim winton has bla bla bla' stuff like that, which kinda makes it more of a personal response as opposed to just a straight out essay... i dunno about the dialogue and what not, but im pretty sure that if you only attacked it as a straight essay then you may not get the marks for where it says a 'personal response' in the criteria.. but who knows they may see some of the confusion it has caused and i have heard that in the past, if the markers realise that each student or a large range of students have approached or interpreted the question differently, then they are less harsh on the guidelines. So if we are lucky then that is what will happen.

I didn't include any response by the other student who disagreed with my views on the novel at all, just wrote my opinion. For all they know i am just writing an essay which highlights my opinions and thoughts about the text, but that doesnt necessarily mean that you have to outline why the other student has disagreed with you and what their beliefs about the text are.

'Defend your response through a critical evaluation of ' this just means that you have to support your claims with extracts from the text, not necessarily show an actual argument taking place...well at least i hope so haha

By the way, did anyone else here do cloudstreet? If so what types of things within ur main content did you talk about and discuss..like what aspects of the book?

HSC
who specifies 3 gwen harwood poems? who?!
answer me!!!! gaaah!

i did 2 that i knew well and bullcrapped about a third...will prob do shite
oh well

but i have a whole week off until music! yay!

nookie

HSC
i found king lear the hardest out of all of them. i didn't know what to write for launguage and construction!!

jezika8

HSC
at least u didnt have to study 'in the skin of a lion'

aurora_05

HSC
I did the King Lear question...kinda got a bit put off when I read it in the reading time but realised later what I was supposed to write about so came back to it. I wrote about productions and the readings of them and stuff, even though it didnt say we had to...hopefully it'll be enough to get me a decent mark.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm King Lear was once again as ambiguous as its 2004 essay predecessors. It was in my opinion a rather weird, yet abit straightforward response, though I have to say I overspent like 4 minutes in Module A, and costed me abit of time for King Lear essay, but just a warning, even if the question doesn't explicity ask for productions & interpretations, the rubric advises you to include both, so if you went full on interpretation, :p lol, then not sure...unless if the marker was half drunk marking our essays!! :)

[ack I can't burn my notes though, since I plan to post em up at boredofstudies later after my hsc ends.]

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
King Lear... did this one first and took too much time >____<;;;

But I'm glad that it was no trick question ('',)

HSC
ok i started with something like "i disagree with what you are saying, gwen harwood's poetry is worthy of critical study because..." something something
like the "student" had already refuted what i had previously said so it was like a one sided dialogue

but these are such stupid questions, like, as if i would sit there going "gwen harwood's poetry can be interpreted in a number of different ways..." to someone in my class... come on!

i left this to the end coz i thought it was where i would get the most marks, but i took too much time on the other questions so i hand't managed to start my 3rd poem until 10 mins before finish time!! shite!!

paris 183

Barbie! don't stereotype
HSC
for lear,

i used productions and interpretations was that ok???

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
@Paris_183: Yep, if you used at least 2 interpretations as well as 1 production, fitting it into the appropriate audience and text type, then you've basically guaranteed yourself at least 14 marks for answering the question itself, the rest of the marks depend upon your sophistication.

jimjim

OMG! structure of section b?

omg! even though its finished, im sooo stressed about that exam! ive been talking to people about how they structured it.. some have done persuasive essays etc.. i did a conversation.. is that wrong?! fuck.. how fucked am i?!

Kabeio

k.
HSC
i did a conversation as well, i think a quite a few people did

nedzelic

HSC
I hope someone from the BOS coms on and reads this forum an dsee the carnage they have caused. people wonder why people top themslevs during the HSC - well they need look no further than this. what a bunch of pig-fuckers!
Like people arne't stressed enough the one thing you wanna be able to eliy on is the structure of the exam - then this
Where on god's earth did THREE poems come from??!!!???!!???!

this is my message for the brainiacks at BOS

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU YYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUU SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT CCCCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS

I HOPE YOU ALL ROT IN HELL

odd_one_out

HSC
I did a conversation too, everybody else I asked did a essay though.

poodoorfan

hthrhjyte

ahhhhhhhhh well it didn't say in converstion form so just did an essay but i guess if heaps of people did a converation...............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)