Module B Hate Thread (1 Viewer)

b3kh1t

HSC
Hamlet was okay. You just had to scrap out that excerpt they gave you. It was merely to scare you off. You could have so much to write about including duty, inaction, mysoginy and the whole lot and tie it to how the end of the play reflects your judgement of these notions as a whole. So what you learnt about Hamlet's character in terms of being bound by inaction and how Yorick's skull comes to show he is more open to dying for his own spiritual beliefs - and thus, the rest is silence may allude to God's will-power to silently subude those who are corrupt in Denmark. So we ultimately come to make a judgement about his inaction leading to his demise into insanity, hence being more open to die for his spiritual beliefs.
LOL I started my conclusion with Hamlet's last words were "the rest is silence" but the play continues to resonate hahahahahaha hope that counts for something

jellybeans4me

HSC
Going back over Mod B with a teacher and I realise that no, my response to the closing stanza of 'the violets' does not inform my judgement of this poem and Harwood's poetry as a whole. Now if only I wrote that in the exam =[

amour

Female
HSC
Going back over Mod B with a teacher and I realise that no, my response to the closing stanza of 'the violets' does not inform my judgement of this poem and Harwood's poetry as a whole. Now if only I wrote that in the exam =[
it did for me? idk, i wrote how she used memories to understand lifes complexities, console her troublez she has with like transience of life, and come to an understanding of human experience ehhhh :s and linked how these themes were continued in her other poems like mornington and father and child. the whole human experience thing. thus the last stanza taught me how her use of hkjsdhnksdfm idk LOL

MurLach

HSC
N/A
I said that the ending of Hamlet allowed for a nice ending to a play full of existential questioning. Causing the ambiguity of the play to stop and allowing the audience to develop an opinion about the nature of existence and the nature of justice. Is that right?

Sophia H

HSC
Nobody did Citizen Kane? N...nobody? Well, okay. I thought this question was quite all right, actually. I mean, the final scene of CK pretty much ties the whole film together, so I could happily just use my prep-prepared themes (power corrupts ideals, truth is indeterminable, cinema = invasion of privacy) and just go "all this is reinforced in the last scene through symbolisation of burning sled / Thompson not finding out rosebud / "No Trespassing" sign."

So, no complaints there. :)

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
Your signature just made me lose the game.

it did for me? idk, i wrote how she used memories to understand lifes complexities, console her troublez she has with like transience of life, and come to an understanding of human experience ehhhh :s and linked how these themes were continued in her other poems like mornington and father and child. the whole human experience thing. thus the last stanza taught me how her use of hkjsdhnksdfm idk LOL
Transience of life, Inexorable nature of time, Memory/relationships as a defence against time. I just rambled pretty much :D
I said that it worked with the other poems too, but if I had have used Triste, Triste I would have said something like 'while it remains true for the majority of Harwood's poetry, some poems like Triste, Triste vary slightly through the use of third person and biblical allusions.'

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
wtf are Module B man..........

omfg... wtf at them specifying a specific poem.........

if you didn't analyse the full poem, do you get marked down ??? Because I did gwen harwood and they gave us the final stanza the violets...

I don't analysed the final stanza along with my 3 other prepared poems (total of 4 poems in 1 essay)

All the themes tie in together....... wtfffffffffffffffff

NubMuncher

HSC
Re: wtf are Module B man..........

if you didn't analyse the full poem, do you get marked down ??? Because I did gwen harwood and they gave us the final stanza the violets...

I don't analysed the final stanza along with my 3 other prepared poems (total of 4 poems in 1 essay)

Im hoping for the poem questions that since it said "how does the end stanza of ... " it lets you only talk about the last stanza and compare to other poems you've studied properly. Regardless, poems have to be scaled up cause that's ridiculous; anyone that did Hamlet is fucking lucky.

amour

Female
HSC

Hi, I did gwennie too.
well it said how your understanding of the last stanza affected ur understanding on the whole poem itsself... so im assuming your meant too?

lruby

HSC
N/A
Gwen Harwood. Seriously.
"The Violets" is a more popular poem so anyone who was trying to stand out and chose harder poems was screwed.

TheWolfsLunch

HSC

It wasn't that bad now.

It was an easy poem though. Also one of the ones I studied :D

Wow, that's...alot of poems to analyse in one essay. How many pages did you write?

Well, yeah, she reuses alot of the same themes really.

jamesfirst

HSC

Im hoping for the poem questions that since it said "how does the end stanza of ... " it lets you only talk about the last stanza and compare to other poems you've studied properly. Regardless, poems have to be scaled up cause that's ridiculous; anyone that did Hamlet is fucking lucky.
this is what I did but a lot of people in my cohort is saying that you had to analyse the full poem.

purrito

HSC
Had speeches as well. Sooooo annoyed since I actually had Suu Kyi prepared except I only at 25 min left to do mod B at the end and finished barely half an essay lol Could have written so much more T_T

silence--

HSC

you did have to analyse the full poem/speech/essay w/e

it said "make detailed reference to [the mandated text]" so you'd have to talk about more than the concluding things they gave you.

sucks :L

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
ok good stuff junior. But I really don't give a shit?
You got butthurt or something? Did your prepared essay not work? No need for the hate :3

Had speeches as well. Sooooo annoyed since I actually had Suu Kyi prepared except I only at 25 min left to do mod B at the end and finished barely half an essay lol Could have written so much more T_T
I tried to limit my timing (40 mins for Module A, 45 Mins for Module B, 35 Mins for Module C), so that I made sure I finished each essay (managed to utilise my time so that I ended on Pens Down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)