Module B Hate Thread (2 Viewers)

BornToHula

HSC
N/A
I thought module B sucked. I had so much depth on Pearson & Atwood, thinking the question would be in the style of "Choose a male/female/political/non political/australian/non austraian speaker". Between those two I had every likelihood covered, and thhen they specified a speech I knew nothing about. It sucked, and I am well worried now seeing as most people at my school would have planned to write about Suu Kyi.

barny268

HSC
yeah did orwell as well and did similar thing. probably was the easiest essay to do off the cuff

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought module B sucked. I had so much depth on Pearson & Atwood, thinking the question would be in the style of "Choose a male/female/political/non political/australian/non austraian speaker". Between those two I had every likelihood covered, and thhen they specified a speech I knew nothing about. It sucked, and I am well worried now seeing as most people at my school would have planned to write about Suu Kyi.
I thought it would be fairer to do that sort of question, but then again, BOS wants to screw students over. I knew something bad would happen to module B, although I didn't predict it right...

jamesfirst

HSC
Re: wtf are Module B man..........

I suppose, if I was good enough (or had a tutor), or wanted to actually study, I probably would have done the same.

Good work :D
tbh, my violets one does not shine as much as the other poems. Because my prepared one is sophisticated as fuck... but violets I had to improvise

xjxmxhx

HSC
I was so annoyed with myself in that exam, I did speeches, and I was originally going to study Suu Kyi as well but only included Bandler and Keating in my study! Ah well, that was the biggest BS ever!

jamesfirst

HSC
How much more do you expect if you wrote 300 words in total? You probably wrote more than that
nonono.

I meant, I wrote 200 x 3 (3 prepared poems) + 100 on the specified poems.

actually I think I've written about 250 for the prepared ones. In total of 1100 words

jessxxxr

HSC
whoever wrote the kenneth slessor question, i will hunt you down and find you! and i was counting on kenneth slessor my main man to be my best essay lolololol, specifying specific extracts is just shit, why did it have to be this year they wanted to try it -_-

HSC
Is it ok for Hamlet if I focussed on the extract to the rest of the play, and not the 'closing scenes'?

cassiecolless

HSC
Speeches was a joke! Everyone in our year only looked at 2 or 3 specifically. I studied so much for Keating and Pearson, I couldnt even remember what the speech they asked for was about. Definately had a little freak out, trying to work out how to fudge my way through a VERY short essay. Woo fail for module B.
At least my other module questions were alright and pretty adaptable...

jung1239

HSC

Yeah, i didn't know anything about The Violets, so i pretty much just analysed two quotes from the stanza and how it reflects the overall themes in her poems, linked it to my two poems i studied and wrote my prepared essay...

13abie

HSC
Citizen Kane was perfect.
Yeah I can imagine. I'm doing speeches but I have seen that movie. Isn't the final scene his sled from his childhood and its a big twist and a big deal. wow yeah that would be so perfect

jamesfirst

HSC

Yeah, i didn't know anything about The Violets, so i pretty much just analysed two quotes from the stanza and how it reflects the overall themes in her poems, linked it to my two poems i studied and wrote my prepared essay...
I didn't remember but I knew the themes incorporated in that poem because I studied the poem like 6months ago.

matthewhearne

HSC
I did Hamlet and i talked about how the final scenes involve a lot of death and then i showed how Hamlet's views on death changed throughout the play. I also talked about loyalty and betrayal and how those loyal to Hamlet i.e. Horatio survived but those who betrayed him i.e. everyone else dies and i said these things bring closure and make people happy that everyone got what they deserved in the end. Is this right?

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
I did Hamlet and i talked about how the final scenes involve a lot of death and then i showed how Hamlet's views on death changed throughout the play. I also talked about loyalty and betrayal and how those loyal to Hamlet i.e. Horatio survived but those who betrayed him i.e. everyone else dies and i said these things bring closure and make people happy that everyone got what they deserved in the end. Is this right?
I did the transformation of Hamlet as a whole and how in the end he's recognised as a hero by his foil, which in this case in Fortinbras. I didn't really concentrate on a single theme, but this maturity aspect of Hamlet the character as a whole.

Mistriousfrog

HSC
I was lucky enough to have done Kyi as my "might cover this if the question allows" third speech so it wasn't so bad but I can understand the hate if you hadn't prepared for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)