Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

astaroth

HSC
Imho, Harry Potter series is annoying because of all the romance involved. It ruins the whole series. Harry Potter series would be much better if it only focused on the action, adventure and fantasy.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
50 shades of shit. It was annoying because so many women are reading this book thinking it is the epitome of good erotica??? um, no.

I abandoned it 1/3 of the way through - that was enough crappy story/writing for one lifetime.

Maddii95

HSC
The life and crimes of Harry Lavender or anything shakespear....

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
The life and crimes of Harry Lavender or anything shakespear....
i hope that's a typo

y u hate Shakespeare for? I hated it in school when I was forced to study as you like it, but I have started to appreciate it a lot more, recently.
Merchant of Venice v good

sinawi

HSC
Smileys people. Wonderful plot, but linguistically a cluster fuck as well as confusing.

Also Oscars the picture of Dorian gray. Excellent social commentary, very difficult and annoying to get into.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Wuthering Heights
Change that to everything written by women in the 19th century. It's all just about repressed sexual desires and their inability or unwillingness to break ridiculous social mores. Women in the 20th century are way more awesome.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Thank you for your very accurate insight into the shittiness of C19 literature written by woemen. (Ha ha)
Wish they'd all go out with the mindset of getting drunk and yoloing, lots of yolos.

HSC
Tess of the D'Urbervilles. HOLY FUCK WHY DO THEY MAKE US READ SUCH DEPRESSING SHIT.

By the way, how the hell does a sentence of describing a 'rustling in the bushes' count as a description of rape??

I understand what Hardy was trying to do in terms of educating society in how the loss of a woman's virginity is not entirely her fault, but the book had me wanting to slit my wrists in a corner at the end.

pigas

HSC
We had to read "Raw" by Scott Monk in English - perhaps not so annoying but goodness, I really dislike the way it was written. I mean, we are in year 11..averaging 17 years old and the book sounds like it was written for 10 year olds. So..simple.. basically when I read some parts of it I had flashbacks of when I was a kid (like 9 years old) when I attempted to write stories. It felt like I was reading my own crappy childish books from many years ago. >.>
The message/moral though I don't mind. Just really not my kind of book.

Zelda_1

HSC
Personally, any crappy or overcomplicated book is annoying to read. For me recently, the Bone Season by Samantha Shannon was a book I really wanted to enjoy but 30pgs in and I couldn't flip another page. It's ALL over the place and so hard to keep up with. An idea that was just everywhere.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I was forced to read it in primary school, and Mouldy's Orphan still haunts me as the worst book of all time.

Other hated books included Destroying Avalon, all 4 Twilights, Lobster Boy...

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a HUGE fan of John Green. However, just recently I picked up 'The Abundance of Katherines' and it wasn't my cup of tea. Too many equations and annoying footnotes on every page! So disapointing!

I like Shakespeare and the concept. However, language is too dense and hard to understand.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Fiftieth Gate.
Are you doing this book for your HSC? I actually quite enjoyed this book as a leisurely read-I thought the whole concept and framing device was quite brilliant and clever. I think characteristics of annoying books are poorly written, unrealistic story plot and excessive amount of colloquialism and swearing, the most annoying book I have read will have to be rainbow magic series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)