• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
^ Well.. the St Pats around my area can only get picked up from the main road because the little road that runs along the other side of the school is so narrow that
1. the bus can't turn in without running over a traffic light
2. it'll take up 3/4 of the road and other cars cant go down the road at the same time..

But anyways.. vent..

Nearly had an accident today..

Was going downhill at 70 in a 70 zone.. kissing point road to be exact.. and it's two lanes.. with a third lane appearing at the very left which lets you go down towards silverwater road.. and that very left lane curves and parts with the main road.. so it has those white diagonal stripes within a triangular shape and then it's a complete barrier..

Anyhow.. I was in the "middle" lane.. and a white Camry was in the right lane.. and I was probably about 15m behind them.. and we got to the tip of the white stripes.. and I saw them start to brake hard.. and I'm like.. uhhhh why are you braking on a perfectly straight road with no-one in front or behind us.. AND THEN HE INDICATES LEFT AND DOES A SHARP TURN SO HE'S PERPENDICULAR TO ME.. and he does it slowwwwwwwly.. cos by the time he's come to a complete stop in the right lane, he was in line with the barrier and needs to turn his car perpendicular to get into the far left lane down silverwater rd..

Of course I honked the shit outta him.. after I slammed on the brakes and sent my uni books flying towards the front of my car.. thank god no-one else was around.. but I dont understand why the FUCKING dumb cunt couldnt of waited till I was gone [cos there were no other cars around], to make his dumb turn.. Spur of the moment thing.. but the dumbass continued to turn right in front of me..

Deaf and blind.

And you know what? They were full licenced.

lengy

HSC
Yeah there are alot of shit people who don't know what the fuck they are doing driving around on the roads. Hate them. Lost cunts.

lala2

Banned
HSC
CieL said:
Was going downhill at 70 in a 70 zone.. kissing point road to be exact.. and it's two lanes.. with a third lane appearing at the very left which lets you go down towards silverwater road.. and that very left lane curves and parts with the main road.. so it has those white diagonal stripes within a triangular shape and then it's a complete barrier..
Yep, I know that exact junction. What confuses me is this:

The purple line has been painted over, but still visible, so I never know whether I'm in one lane, or slightly crossing over to two lanes. And the purple painted island also confuses me, because if you don't go over it, it's nearly impossible to turn either into the left turn preceding Silverwater Rd, or onto Silverwater Rd (where the barrier at the top of the page is painted) as you've got less than about 50 metres to do so.

spangacrab

HSC
Pace_T said:
i hate stupid L plate drivers who go like 40 in a 60 zone

the other night i was on this 1 lane road but with a huge bike lane on the left. the road was on a huge hill and i was stuck behind about 4 or so cars with the leading car being a really slow L plater. i ended up getting the shits and went into the bike lane but approached the top of the hill but i quickly squeezed in right behind the L plater before i reached the top of the hill, i did that coz i didnt know if ther was gona be a biker just over the hill. after i went over the top of the hill i could see far in front of me again and i over took the L plater. every1 was honking at me but i like to believe that they were trying to congratulate me on my quick thinking haha.
What the fuck. Shit driving by you.

Pace_T

HSC
incorrect. the best driving in the world mang

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
Pace_T said:
i hate stupid L plate drivers who go like 40 in a 60 zone

the other night i was on this 1 lane road but with a huge bike lane on the left. the road was on a huge hill and i was stuck behind about 4 or so cars with the leading car being a really slow L plater. i ended up getting the shits and went into the bike lane but approached the top of the hill but i quickly squeezed in right behind the L plater before i reached the top of the hill, i did that coz i didnt know if ther was gona be a biker just over the hill. after i went over the top of the hill i could see far in front of me again and i over took the L plater. every1 was honking at me but i like to believe that they were trying to congratulate me on my quick thinking haha.
:burn: What a shitty thing to do! For all you know, that L plater could have been on the road for the very first time...way to boost their confidence!

I'm glad everyone honked - you deserved it!

CieL

HSC
lala2 said:
Yep, I know that exact junction. What confuses me is this:

The purple line has been painted over, but still visible, so I never know whether I'm in one lane, or slightly crossing over to two lanes. And the purple painted island also confuses me, because if you don't go over it, it's nearly impossible to turn either into the left turn preceding Silverwater Rd, or onto Silverwater Rd (where the barrier at the top of the page is painted) as you've got less than about 50 metres to do so.
Yep that's the one!!

Wow I didnt even know there was purple there.. cos I usually drive there at evening or at night time where it's not visible.. it doesn't help either cos they just lay out a fresh strip of road and the lines all disappeared, and most of the little temporary silver reflectors have been run over..

It's so dangerous when people dont really know the roads and just go straight down the hill, unaware that the road does do a little swerve to the left..

HSC
i hate people who do like 20km under the speed limit, so you move into the overtaking lane to get past them so you can actually do the limit. and they get all offended and start doing 10k or so over the limit so you can't get past them, so you move back behind them so as not to get pinged for speeding, and they slow down again. HAPPENS ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

CieL

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i hate people who do like 20km under the speed limit, so you move into the overtaking lane to get past them so you can actually do the limit. and they get all offended and start doing 10k or so over the limit so you can't get past them, so you move back behind them so as not to get pinged for speeding, and they slow down again. HAPPENS ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
The other crap thing is when there's two lanes.. and there's two slow cars on the left lane, so you merge into the right lane to overtake them.. but the slow car behind the first slow car merges at the same time as you.. THEN DOES THE SAME SPEED.. so they're nearly side by side and you're stuck behind a barricade.. fuck! Let me pass!!

HSC
hahaha i know. or if you're stuck behind a slow person so you decide to move out to the right lane, chuck your indicator on and wait for a gap, and as soon as there's room to move to the right lane, the person behind you totally ignores your indicator and ducks out to the right lane and steals your little gap. i think that's so damn rude.

lengy

HSC
I hate when people don't let you pass. Are they arseholes or something? Do they have some superiority complex where they are better cause they can piss you off and hold you back? What the fuck is wrong with them? Seriously these people need to be run off the road. Just let us fucking pass and we'll be out of your way.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
CieL said:
The other crap thing is when there's two lanes.. and there's two slow cars on the left lane, so you merge into the right lane to overtake them.. but the slow car behind the first slow car merges at the same time as you.. THEN DOES THE SAME SPEED.. so they're nearly side by side and you're stuck behind a barricade.. fuck! Let me pass!!
Theres worse trust me. i tried to overtake some dude once. Almost crashed cause of the fucker. He floored it while I was trying to overtake him (hey he was doing around 30km/hr, in a 80 zone) before he floored it on the left lane, I was on the left behind hum, I changed to the right lane, he floored it, cut me off by switching to the right lane and cut me off. Had to floor the brakes. :( not a good experience. Some people just won't let you overtake them even though they're going heaps slow.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Gawd... in the rain and the dark... there was a huge black SUV with no lights or anything on tailing me... didn't notice (I have a tendency to check my rear view mirror before braking hard at a traffic light) and then only noticed him when his right indicator came on to change lanes and stop parallel to me in the next lane!

lengy

HSC
lol. I sometimes want to do that but refrain from it lest there be cops around. I do that when I'm driving at night and there's no other cars around and you can see fairly well without lights. However police are tricky bastards and you never know where they might be hiding.

Yesterday my sister called me at 1 in the morning asking to be picked up from the station. I didn't put any Ps on and drove in my thongs. At the intersection I change lanes and indicate to the next one and the car ahead of the Falcon behind it changes lanes and I'm catching up to the old 80's Skyline but the Falcon change lanes right in front of me. I was pissed and usually tailgate the bastards but it was an undercover cop and it's lights started flashing. I was freaked but I wasn't in the wrong cause he pulled in front of me. Fortunately he was after the guy in front. Normally I would also change lanes and speed up and blast out but I needed to be in that lane to go on the offramp from the bridge. =\

lala2

Banned
HSC
Today was interesting, driving in the rain in the afternoon. I felt so weird having to fiddle with both sticks on the side of the wheel constantly (indicating, and then turning headlights on, and with variable rain went to no windwiper to highest windwiper speed and everything in between multiple times).

Only thing is, it was so scary because we were going up a really steep hill (45 degrees?) and the car skidded --twice! Fortunately I was only going at 15km/h but that was scary! :eek: Not so much about falling down the hill as skidding into the right lane and not being able to move out of the way if a car suddenly appeared at the top of the hill (because by then it would be too late).

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I was driving today doing 100+ in the right lane on the highway and it started raining so hard I almost couldn't see. I had to use the car just ahead of me in the left lane as a guide because I couldn't see the wall on my right at all.

For some reason people seem to forget the 'keep left unless overtaking' rule when it rains. It is very annoying. One particular moron set a record for moving out of the right lane once I started flashing my brights at him.

Pace_T

HSC
yeh the rain was a bitch today, flicking thru all the different wiper speeds gets annoying. luckily most of the time when the rain changes the wipers change pace accordingly
i was on a slight incline at the red lights and i put it in 1st to take off. the car revved easy and the car wasnt moving the slightest bit. i checked to see if i might have left it in neutral, and it wasnt. turned out to be a massive wheel spin lucky it was so wet it saved me tires. the guy behind me wasnt too fussed that i took a while to take off again. it makes a huge difference when people are nice on the road, which is rare when you're a p plater. thats y i have to take the plates off sometimes. p plates don't serve their original purpose, they're there for the oldies to discriminate against us younger drivers. pricks

CieL

HSC
Wow so many crazy stories from today..

Should I remind you guys it's double D?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)