HSC
One with high km (and prob less than stellar overall condition), maybe

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
depends what you're into but this is a good idea

datto 1600
with CA18DET
and also check out some ae86's, ke70's if youre lookin for well-conditioned rwd/drift cars in the 0-10,000 range.

i think if you're intrested in s13, r32, 200sx, mr2,etc. group then you should wait until you are ready to spend 10-18,000 otherwise the odds are you will just end up wasting your $10,000 on a car that has a fucked up diff, 400,000kms, and cracked coilovers

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
depends what you're into but this is a good idea

and also check out some ae86's, ke70's if youre lookin for well-conditioned rwd/drift cars in the 0-10,000 range.

i think if you're intrested in s13, r32, 200sx, mr2,etc. group then you should wait until you are ready to spend 10-18,000 otherwise the odds are you will just end up wasting your $10,000 on a car that has a fucked up diff, 400,000kms, and cracked coilovers
agreed. not many people realise that the selling price of the car is not necessarily indicative of a price which will get it up and running in good nick. especially if it's a performance car, there's a good chance the gearbox and diff are fked and a few other areas are lacking.

... on an interesting note, my mate bought a used STi and even though it passed NRMA inspection, MRT showed that the turbo was blown (not detected) and the brakes needed replacing. it shows that inspections aren't everything.

Kalashnikov47

HSC
MX5 is not a girl's car, it's a modern interpretation of old-school British sports car: open top, RWD, lightweight, good handling and agile. Anyone who says the MX-5 is a girl's car is an idiot.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
MX5 is not a girl's car, it's a modern interpretation of old-school British sports car: open top, RWD, lightweight, good handling and agile. Anyone who says the MX-5 is a girl's car is an idiot.
... the people who say it's a girls cars are probably big (overweight) blokes who don't appreciate a light weight and aerodynamically efficient car (and instead rely on a huge muscle engine to push their weight around).

quik.

HSC
I think it's a great car but I wouldn't wanna be the dude who drives the mx5 as a daily

quik.

HSC
You can go on about its great handling etc all day

But it is still a small, feminine looking car

Just how it is

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I think it's not so much that people call it a girls car but rather, its called a hairdressers car.
Yes and hairdresser is a euphemism for...

quik said:
You can go on about its great handling etc all day

But it is still a small, feminine looking car

Just how it is
insecurity

philphie

Banned
HSC
LOL are you trying to say an mx5 is the new jaguar e type?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
How is it different from a sprite? Aside from the mazda being a much better car.

Actually, can't believe I forgot this, but the mx-5 is obviously inspired by the 1960's lotus elan, an NA mx-5 is virtually the same car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Insecurity how? It is hardly an aggressive 'masculine' looking vehicle

It does have some masculine touches to try and beef it up though. I think the new gen one is still relatively neutral compared to the previous model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)