Move to China? (1 Viewer)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
haha thanks man, um i might live in hong kong since of all those previous posts 0.0 hahaha lol but im still deciding cause my uncle and my cousin live in shanghai or somewhere lol
I don't know much about Shanghai but my family is originated from places around there and they speak so called 'Shanghainese'.
I also dont know much about Hong Kong. But here's some info good for you to know: in Hong Kong, English is a common language so you won't have much trouble on communication compared to other cities(I'm not saying that your Chinese isn't good), but you do gain an advantage right. Well yes you gotta learn Canto there haha
And noo need to worry ant fb or YouTube coz they are all available there.
Another GOOD thing! The food there is ADORABLE!!!! I love yum cha or any canto cuisine >< u also have lots of food from many countries as well. I guess that's a good point lol

I used to live close to HK but I've never been there, I'm looking forward to travelling to HK someday ;)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
You are though
And why would i be?

The big DIFFERENCE between me and you is that race governs your life.
I know there are heaps of Indian shit cunts out there (just like how we'd be complaining about the Vietnamese 30 years ago, Italians 50 years ago and the Irish 150 years ago) but that isn't me.
I've realised that there's so much to life than race, and denying that will just limit your experience (good and shit).

If you wanna continue this just PM me. I don't want to hijack this guys' thread,

Gangstar1

HSC
I don't know much about Shanghai but my family is originated from places around there and they speak so called 'Shanghainese'.
I also dont know much about Hong Kong. But here's some info good for you to know: in Hong Kong, English is a common language so you won't have much trouble on communication compared to other cities(I'm not saying that your Chinese isn't good), but you do gain an advantage right. Well yes you gotta learn Canto there haha
And noo need to worry ant fb or YouTube coz they are all available there.
Another GOOD thing! The food there is ADORABLE!!!! I love yum cha or any canto cuisine >< u also have lots of food from many countries as well. I guess that's a good point lol

I used to live close to HK but I've never been there, I'm looking forward to travelling to HK someday ;)
yer what you said is all true cos i just traveled there esp the food =P , but i dunno i like my cousin more in Shanghai so i don't know which one to pick =(

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
yer what you said is all true cos i just traveled there esp the food =P , but i dunno i like my cousin more in Shanghai so i don't know which one to pick =(
You could stay in Shanghai for a few years first and make your decision later. I'm sure you'll figure out someday =)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
seriously man in life you're gonna get shit from a ton of people. when you start working, you'll get shit from your boss and coworkers. are you going to quit your job because of that?
If you choose to work in such places well then that's on you, also sitting back and taken it is not the way to go about it. If there's no one higher within the business or corp perhaps a little violence would rectify their attitude towards you? Be quick about it, for example a good slap across the mouth, and be sure to walk away as if nothing happened.

Couldn't imagine going through life getting bullied all the time, no doubt it would be painful but I would be inclined to end those situations real quick and I do if it's going on around me.

Last edited:

Gangstar1

HSC
If you choose to work in such places well then that's on you, also sitting back and taken it is not the way to go about it. If there's no one higher within the business or corp perhaps a little violence would rectify their attitude towards you? Be quick about it, for example a good slap across the mouth, and be sure to walk away as if nothing happened.

Couldn't imagine going through life getting bullied all the time, no doubt it would be painful but I would be inclined to end those situations real quick and I do if it's going on around me.
If someone slapped me across my mouth honestly i wouldn't act as nothing happened, why do you think you got homies for? it'll be something that you better make them regret for sure

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
You make a valid point, but situations like this can turn sour quite quickly hence why I recommend walking away. Every slap I've laid on a person they tend to be stunned because they simple weren't expecting it, and there's a few seconds of thinking on their behalf which allows you to slip away so I usually take that opportunity. Same if in a fight, if they step back or attempt to catch a breath I walk away.

Homies aye? Haha an extreme situation may call for backup but for workplace racism I'd stick to the quick but effective stfu slap.

Last edited:

Gangstar1

HSC
You make a valid point, but situations like this can turn sour quite quickly hence why I recommend walking away. Every slap I've laid on a person they tend to be stunned because they simple weren't expecting it, and there's a few seconds of thinking on their behalf which allows you to slip away so I usually take that opportunity. Same if in a fight, if they step back or attempt to catch a breath I walk away.

Homies aye? Haha an extreme situation may call for backup but for workplace racism I'd stick to the quick but effective stfu slap.
haha well man if people know your connected, trust no one wants to mess with you

zhiying

HSC
I'm going Shanghai in 10 days, want some first hand opinions later?

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
There are lots of stories about Chinese parents getting university degrees, but settling into Australia (or the outside world), working in menial jobs because their qualifications can't be recognized, ALL for the sake of their children getting a better life through better education. I know a parent who holds a PhD in chemistry in China, but can only work as a Plumber here. The only reason why he and his family moved to Australia was due to the fact that Australia's educational prospects were better. It was a hard life for them, but paid off.

This also happened to those who migrated from Europe in the years after WWII The parents were often university educated but their qualifications were not recognized in Australia. They like current immigrants wanted their children wanted their children to do well. The children who were 3rd generation Australians made similiarly derogatory comments.

The only difference is that if the BRIC principle is the outcome after the next global recession we will need to be more circumspect in what we say.

For those who are not familiar with the BRIC principle, it reflects the probability that Brazil, Russia, India and China will become the top economies in the early 2020s so we will probably work for companies owned by Chinese people.

That is if there is work for "white collar" workers

See Macquarie Bank's take on the white collar recession

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2011/11/macquarie-sees-white-collar-recession/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-14/finance-sector-woes-raise-recession-fears/3772712/?site=sydney

http://www.smh.com.au/business/bank-on-whitecollar-crisis-20120113-1pzhx.html

Gangstar1

HSC
There are lots of stories about Chinese parents getting university degrees, but settling into Australia (or the outside world), working in menial jobs because their qualifications can't be recognized, ALL for the sake of their children getting a better life through better education. I know a parent who holds a PhD in chemistry in China, but can only work as a Plumber here. The only reason why he and his family moved to Australia was due to the fact that Australia's educational prospects were better. It was a hard life for them, but paid off.

This also happened to those who migrated from Europe in the years after WWII The parents were often university educated but their qualifications were not recognized in Australia. They like current immigrants wanted their children wanted their children to do well. The children who were 3rd generation Australians made similiarly derogatory comments.

The only difference is that if the BRIC principle is the outcome after the next global recession we will need to be more circumspect in what we say.

For those who are not familiar with the BRIC principle, it reflects the probability that Brazil, Russia, India and China will become the top economies in the early 2020s so we will probably work for companies owned by Chinese people.

That is if there is work for "white collar" workers

See Macquarie Bank's take on the white collar recession

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2011/11/macquarie-sees-white-collar-recession/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-14/finance-sector-woes-raise-recession-fears/3772712/?site=sydney

http://www.smh.com.au/business/bank-on-whitecollar-crisis-20120113-1pzhx.html

0.0 should i pack my bags now?

Darkraiider66

HSC
China smells funny and Hong Kong has horrable air pollution, the sun exposure is soo bad you have to wear spf +11 sunscreen, better off coating yourself in lead based house paint....

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
China smells funny and Hong Kong has horrable air pollution, the sun exposure is soo bad you have to wear spf +11 sunscreen, better off coating yourself in lead based house paint....
umm have u been to either of them, also all the smog and air pollution blocks out alot of the sun so i dont know where u're getting that info

Gangstar1

HSC
last time ive been there pollution aint that bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)