MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Fake-Name

HSC
Question for first year students: Can anyone else not log into the Student portal?

I can log into E-student, but not the student portal. I'm trying to find Mq's textbook finder.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks but my login doesnt work. Can you login? If so, I'll have to contact support. I just dont want to look stupid if first year students aren't supposed to login yet. :p
Yea I can log in... That's odd you should be able to log on :/

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Are you sure you're using the right login password? It will be different to the one you use for e-student.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Same thing happened to me in my first year. I called them and asked them to reset the password.

Fake-Name

HSC
Same thing happened to me in my first year. I called them and asked them to reset the password.
Are you sure you're using the right login password? It will be different to the one you use for e-student.
I thought I set it as the same as my e-student? Isn't that possible?

I tried resetting the password but it said I hadn't set up any security questions and gave no option to email me a reset link. I've contacted support.

Thanks.

Flying

HSC
Hey, I want to do a finance major for commerce and a international business major for arts. Both majors have ECON111, STAT170, ACCG106. They both require a number of credit points to qualify it as a major (once graduated). Because these majors have the same subjects (above) Does it mean that I meet the number of credit points required for both majors? Even if these subjects were done through international business not finance?

Also, another question: this is from politics and international relations:

300 level

[]Capstone unit = POL399

[]Required 9cp from POL units at 300 level

POL399 is the list of 300 level units.

Does this mean I choose 9cp (including POL399) or 9cp (all other than POL399)

Thank you. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Salliea

HSC
I thought I set it as the same as my e-student? Isn't that possible?

I tried resetting the password but it said I hadn't set up any security questions and gave no option to email me a reset link. I've contacted support.

Thanks.

o_O I can't find the login for student portal itself (or are you talking about "Online Units"?).....but, I can access iLearn and my MQ-email now cause I went though the steps on this website:
https://mypassword.mq.edu.au/index.php?screen=MQInitPW

I found it by going to Student Portal (http://students.mq.edu.au/home/) ► Student Admin (Blue Tab on the top) ► First Year

Last edited:

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I want to do a finance major for commerce and a international business major for arts. Both majors have ECON111, STAT170, ACCG106. They both require a number of credit points to qualify it as a major (once graduated). Because these majors have the same subjects (above) Does it mean that I meet the number of credit points required for both majors? Even if these subjects were done through international business not finance?

Also, another question: this is from politics and international relations:

300 level

[]Capstone unit = POL399

[]Required 9cp from POL units at 300 level

POL399 is the list of 300 level units.

Does this mean I choose 9cp (including POL399) or 9cp (all other than POL399)

Thank you. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm not too sure I can answer your first question correctly, as I'm not familiar with double degrees.

For your second question it means you choose 9cp (all other than POL399) as that is your Capstone unit.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Just a quickie ...

I've been hearing that a lecture followed directly by a tutorial is not recommended due to the '5 min gap' between is insufficient in being able to move between blocks? Or something about how tutorials follow on from lectures the previous week therefore making it pointless etc.

If your lecture building is within close proximity to the tute room it wouldn't mind correct? :confused:

Sorry if this sounds disjointed but just kind of throwing it out there lol.

I got three days a week so hopefully things won't have to change.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Just a quickie ...

I've been hearing that a lecture followed directly by a tutorial is not recommended due to the '5 min gap' between is insufficient in being able to move between blocks? Or something about how tutorials follow on from lectures the previous week therefore making it pointless etc.

If your lecture building is within close proximity to the tute room it wouldn't mind correct? :confused:

Sorry if this sounds disjointed but just kind of throwing it out there lol.

I got three days a week so hopefully things won't have to change.
Well lectures and tutorials start 5 mins after the hour and finish 5 mins before the hour, so it's actually a 10 mins gap. Unless your class is literally on the other side of Uni it shouldn't be too bad.... Otherwise you'll have to walk really fast or run.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Well lectures and tutorials start 5 mins after the hour and finish 5 mins before the hour, so it's actually a 10 mins gap. Unless your class is literally on the other side of Uni it shouldn't be too bad.... Otherwise you'll have to walk really fast or run.
Yea thanks for the reiteration. :)

Probably a confusion on my part after hearing those who went to enrolment day on a later date where they most likely misheard information.

Yep all my tutes and lectures are pretty much in the W, X or E blocks (sometimes C) so its all within 5 min max walking distance.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Wow what the hell. LAW115 is now an ungraded unit.

Flying

HSC
During the second week, will the teachers of the tutorials have a name list? I was thinking of going to an earlier lecture because the one I have is too late. Could I lie and just say that the earlier tutorial is mine?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You could just talk to the unit convenor and explain that the earlier tutorial is much more convenient for you, if the unit isn't too packed out you'll usually be able to swap tute times.

Flying

HSC
You could just talk to the unit convenor and explain that the earlier tutorial is much more convenient for you, if the unit isn't too packed out you'll usually be able to swap tute times.
Are they likely to say yes if you main reason is convenience or would I need to say something else? The class i am thinking of switching to has 28 people and the one i am currently in has 29.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)