MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lol, why scared? Down the stairs you will find the course notes store, atm's, the post office and the asian groceries store.

Fake-Name

HSC
lol, why scared? Down the stairs you will find the course notes store, atm's, the post office and the asian groceries store.
Holy shit, there's another whole world down there!

It's a big place and I have trouble knowing where I'm supposed to be, let alone where I'm not supposed to be. Plus the steps are quite dark and uninviting. :p

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Belated uni week finally starts tomorrow (today). Goodbye holidays :(

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
Wow what the hell. LAW115 is now an ungraded unit.
Yeah I saw that a few weeks ago.... I still don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Until this day I haven't met anyone who has done what could be considered "well" in that course - as in above a credit.

I guess it's good if you really only got 51% nobody will ever know your mark.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
That sounds terrible.

At first I was a little annoyed, but I now think it's a good thing. I guess it equals less pressure, which should *hopefully* equal a more enjoyable unit. There's supposed to be a greater emphasis on developing the skills you need to get through other law units, so that should be interesting. Pretty consistent stream of assessments through the semester (~8), which means consistent feedback. I think some of them are even informally graded so you have an actual indicator of how well you've performed.

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
That sounds terrible.

At first I was a little annoyed, but I now think it's a good thing. I guess it equals less pressure, which should *hopefully* equal a more enjoyable unit. There's supposed to be a greater emphasis on developing the skills you need to get through other law units, so that should be interesting. Pretty consistent stream of assessments through the semester (~8), which means consistent feedback. I think some of them are even informally graded so you have an actual indicator of how well you've performed.
Well all of that definitely sounds like an improvement for the better!

My experience of LAW115 was terrible. I hated it, it's probably one of the worst one's I've done. It was like a mini-jurisprudence course and they only really focused on things like interpreting the law etc.. towards the end of the semester.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Do we NEED to have course notes and course readers for each subject? As well as textbooks?
No, it depends on the unit. If your unit does have course notes i would definitely buy them, they usually rely on them pretty heavily.

Flying

HSC
No, it depends on the unit. If your unit does have course notes i would definitely buy them, they usually rely on them pretty heavily.
Do you know if course readers and course notes are the same thing?

How do I find out whether my subject has course notes available?

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you know if course readers and course notes are the same thing?

How do I find out whether my subject has course notes available?
There is a list at the front of the course notes store which lists all the units that have course notes available, in alphabetical order :)

Flying

HSC
Are we supposed to do the tutorial questions before our first tutorials this week?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Guys the concession thing on the new IDs isn't a sticker right?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Nope, it's printed on the card. Still don't have mine :(

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Most of the time you're expected to be proactive at university, which means attempting the tutorial questions. How many questions you actually attempt will depend on your unit. I've had units in the past where we were expected to do the questions at home and go through the solutions together in class. I've had others where all questions were to be attempted in class and others where only half need to be attempted at home.

Personally if I were unsure I would either ask or just do them at home (since there's really nothing to lose).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)