MQ General chatter thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
hi,

i know its a little bit late for this, but yeah :S

just thought i'd make a thread for all the first yr ppl at macq in 09.

so yeah, just introduce urself , ur course, how u are finding the uni so far, what clubs/organisations u've joined, and other details u want.

also, feel free to start up new topics for discussion in this thread.

ill go first.

finished hsc last year, my first yr at macq, doin a bachelor of science
finding the uni alright atm, still adjusting though. joined a couple of clubs. ermm, i go to uni like 3-4 times a week. ilecture is pretty cool imo. and yeah.

next? :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 First Year Macquarie Students.

HSC

i dont get....it...?

anyways, hi asylum. from what ive read in ur sig, u finished a degree in media with honours, but ur now doing a new degree, so technically, ur a first yr too lol.

so whats with starting a new degree again when you've finished one already?

btw. i know there are other first yrs at macq who post in these forums....please dont make me look like an idiot...thanks...

contribute! :p

Kiim2507

HSC

hay !
i'm doing b media
its ok i guess
i like the media side but i'm doing a couple of cultural studies electives and they're reallllly boring

I had two assesments due today..that was kinda stressful lol but it's overrr...yay for holidays

HSC

hay !
i'm doing b media
its ok i guess
i like the media side but i'm doing a couple of cultural studies electives and they're reallllly boring

I had two assesments due today..that was kinda stressful lol but it's overrr...yay for holidays
hi kim.

cool , so like what do you actually study in the media side of media studies?

yeah i had sum assignments aswell but ive finished all of them which is good, and yes i agree , yay for holidays :headbang:

so did u join any clubs or societies? what do sort of stuff do u do in the uni when ur not in lectures etc.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

I love my course so far- though there are some really really really strange people in some of my classes. Today a guy claimed he was going to write his entire major essay off the top of his head in one day without using any references or sources cuz his knowledge of Egypt was so good- he said he didn't need to do the readings cuz he 'knew' he would know what was in them and it would be a waste of his time.

Anyone else have people in their classes with ridiculous ego's?

oh yea, and he always wears very dark sunglasses, even in the lecture theater o_O strange strange people....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I love my course so far- though there are some really really really strange people in some of my classes. Today a guy claimed he was going to write his entire major essay off the top of his head in one day without using any references or sources cuz his knowledge of Egypt was so good- he said he didn't need to do the readings cuz he 'knew' he would know what was in them and it would be a waste of his time.

oh yea, and he always wears very dark sunglasses, even in the lecture theater o_O strange strange people....
Roflmao, I hope he does that, without sources particularly, because that'll go down amazing with historians :D

HSC

hey may cat,

lol, i dont how whats it like in the Arts department but so far i havent seen anyone with ridiculous ego's in any of my classes... :haha:

wot stuffs have u been doing in the uni so far, joined any clubs or societies?

HSC

asylum still hasnt provided any reasons for that very random-ish picture of a guy holding a bag of what seems to be popcorn...

Kiim2507

HSC

hi kim.

cool , so like what do you actually study in the media side of media studies?

yeah i had sum assignments aswell but ive finished all of them which is good, and yes i agree , yay for holidays :headbang:

so did u join any clubs or societies? what do sort of stuff do u do in the uni when ur not in lectures etc.
Well the only media subject I'm doing this semester is Australian Media (mas104) and basically we're just learning about media representation and yeeah I dunno lol.
Next semester I get to do digital media though..so thats like editing clips yay =]

Nah I did't join anything. Well I joined the soccer society but decided to play for the local club instead. I would've prefered to play with uni to meet people but my friend wanted to join the local club so I just did that instead.

I'm not a very 'societal' kind of person (if that even makes any sense lol)...I don't think I've been part of any clubs in any of my schooling years.

And during breaks, nothing really. I have an hour break on Mondays where I just chill in the food court, either meet up with a friend or just catch up on readings (there oh so many of them) and I have a 2 hour break on wednesday where I walk over too Mac Centre, grab lunch and do my mas104 readings cos I have a tute straight after the break.

Thats it really lol. I don't have many breaks this semester.

X

xeuyrawp

hahhaha, don't worry, he'll get pwned.

How has 100 been anyway, who's your tutor?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

hey may cat,

lol, i dont how whats it like in the Arts department but so far i havent seen anyone with ridiculous ego's in any of my classes... :haha:

wot stuffs have u been doing in the uni so far, joined any clubs or societies?
I keep meaning to join societies etc, but i never seem to have any money on me... what little money i have usually goes on chips and lollipops. Its been great for me, my subjects are really fun and the best part is all my lectures and tutes are centered in the same part of campus, so i don't have to run around a lot (hm, i really sound unhealthy...)

hahhaha, don't worry, he'll get pwned.

How has 100 been anyway, who's your tutor?
Its been really good, we're just finishing up middle kingdom Egypt atm and i have to start my essay this week, though it doesn't seem too bad, i like researching things in the library, its relaxing. But yea, im glad i took it- the hands on approach with the artifacts is good fun.

I had Todd for a little while and now ive got Jana Jones, they're both really nice though Jana seems to be off with the fairies some of the time, not that it matters, shes very informative.

HSC

Well the only media subject I'm doing this semester is Australian Media (mas104) and basically we're just learning about media representation and yeeah I dunno lol.
Next semester I get to do digital media though..so thats like editing clips yay =]

Nah I did't join anything. Well I joined the soccer society but decided to play for the local club instead. I would've prefered to play with uni to meet people but my friend wanted to join the local club so I just did that instead.

I'm not a very 'societal' kind of person (if that even makes any sense lol)...I don't think I've been part of any clubs in any of my schooling years.

And during breaks, nothing really. I have an hour break on Mondays where I just chill in the food court, either meet up with a friend or just catch up on readings (there oh so many of them) and I have a 2 hour break on wednesday where I walk over too Mac Centre, grab lunch and do my mas104 readings cos I have a tute straight after the break.

Thats it really lol. I don't have many breaks this semester.
oh nice soccer, i used to play too, wot club do u play for?

wow, you dont have much breaks lol...i have like quite a lot of breaks, but like most of my breaks are spent mostly hanging with school friends, going in the library, and sometimes exploring the lake area... oh and sometimes I go to macquarie centre to eat coz its cheaper there :p

ive never actually hanged around in the ubar area, its mostly like older students who go there, but I wanna vs some1 in pool there one time though lol.

HSC

I keep meaning to join societies etc, but i never seem to have any money on me... what little money i have usually goes on chips and lollipops. Its been great for me, my subjects are really fun and the best part is all my lectures and tutes are centered in the same part of campus, so i don't have to run around a lot (hm, i really sound unhealthy...)

lol chips and lolliess ftwww

but unlike you though, i have no money to buy cheaps or lollies coz im poor :headbang:

um thats cool that ur in the same part of the campus....mine are like spread out everywhere, which is pretty cool coz i get to see other parts of the uni more.

Kiim2507

HSC

oh nice soccer, i used to play too, wot club do u play for?

wow, you dont have much breaks lol...i have like quite a lot of breaks, but like most of my breaks are spent mostly hanging with school friends, going in the library, and sometimes exploring the lake area... oh and sometimes I go to macquarie centre to eat coz its cheaper there :p

ive never actually hanged around in the ubar area, its mostly like older students who go there, but I wanna vs some1 in pool there one time though lol.
Yeah I'm pretty lucky with the breaks..I don't really like them they're a waste of time
The only thing they're good for is doing my readings cos I'd never do them otherwise :p

At the moment Lindfield in womens all age
I used to play for St Ives
Then they didn't have a W18 team so I moved to Kissing Point
Then last year I joined my friend at Lindfield so we just stuck there this year.
This is my 11th year playing soccer ^_^ I love it

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

asylum still hasnt provided any reasons for that very random-ish picture of a guy holding a bag of what seems to be popcorn...
popcorn -> he sits back and watches this thread roll for entertainment (should be that)

anyways i'm jeff, doing international communications, decided to do it instead of media, made the right decision imo, even though its been 7 weeks.

2 weeks holidays is king.

HSC

Yeah I'm pretty lucky with the breaks..I don't really like them they're a waste of time
The only thing they're good for is doing my readings cos I'd never do them otherwise :p

At the moment Lindfield in womens all age
I used to play for St Ives
Then they didn't have a W18 team so I moved to Kissing Point
Then last year I joined my friend at Lindfield so we just stuck there this year.
This is my 11th year playing soccer ^_^ I love it
havent heard of the club before, but wow, 11 years ..nice. you must be pretty fit then i guess lol :p

what position do u play ?

lol im an irregular poster, i post like in one day, and might not log in for like 3 days, so yeah just replying now.

wot u planning to do these hols, apart from studying, work etc.

HSC

popcorn -> he sits back and watches this thread roll for entertainment (should be that)

anyways i'm jeff, doing international communications, decided to do it instead of media, made the right decision imo, even though its been 7 weeks.

2 weeks holidays is king.
hey jeff, nice does that mean you get to communicate internationally? lol

yeah 2 weeks is king, although, mine is more than 2 weeks coz i finished early :p

Kiim2507

HSC

havent heard of the club before, but wow, 11 years ..nice. you must be pretty fit then i guess lol :p

what position do u play ?

lol im an irregular poster, i post like in one day, and might not log in for like 3 days, so yeah just replying now.

wot u planning to do these hols, apart from studying, work etc.

Lindfields like the biggest club here :p
They recruit like all these pros to play
I don't really like the way they run the club yet somehow I ended up here.

Haha fit...I wish..quite the opposite.
I play goalie..it's the best position out.
I also play defence but the goal box is my home. I feel lost if I'm not there :p

Nothing lol...just catching up on stuff I couldn't do during the semester (i.e getting a haircut lol v. important) other then that... \work and hopefully tackling some assignemnts and catching up with friends

what about you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)