Muay Thai/Boxers (1 Viewer)

RoryC

HSC
I wasnt sure where to post this so I thought I'd post here :)

Are there any fellow Muay Thai practitioners out there ? Or boxers?

Im heading over to thailand next year to train, cant wait.

Anyone know of any good boxing or muay thai gyms to train at in Sydney, preferably around the CBD. Im moving there next year.

:)

Nat3skiz

HSC
hahaha i posted something similar before. IF you find of any good places i'd love to ehar where. I'm a boxer but i'd like to move on to muay thai, been in awe of it for ages.

How long you staying in thailand for?

RoryC

HSC
Nat3skiz said:
hahaha i posted something similar before. IF you find of any good places i'd love to ehar where. I'm a boxer but i'd like to move on to muay thai, been in awe of it for ages.

How long you staying in thailand for?
It's a hell of a thing, really worth getting into. I started off as a boxer but then started doing muay thai.

Where do you box at?

Ive found a couple of places in Sydney that offer Muay Thai training, but no where that is real ideal. Plus some of them dont look like hard core muay thai, more like fitness classes with some kicking and boxing :S

At the moment Im heading over to thailand to train for a month, if I stay longer it will depend on how much money I have.

Im no master or anything but I might be able to help if you have any questions :)

bachem

HSC
Mate karate is the best!

the person that inspired me was jean claude van-damme, FUKING LEGEND!!!

Tha Nxt Van-Damme

RoryC

HSC
bachem said:
Mate karate is the best!

the person that inspired me was jean claude van-damme, FUKING LEGEND!!!

Tha Nxt Van-Damme
haha I should of made this a martial arts thread, Im looking at getting into some more martial arts next year when I move to sydney, Im looking at doing wing chun, brazillian ju jitsu and karate.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
RoryC said:
haha I should of made this a martial arts thread, Im looking at getting into some more martial arts next year when I move to sydney, Im looking at doing wing chun, brazillian ju jitsu and karate.
bjj is probably the most practical/effective martial art out there.

Strongest would probably be Muay thai.
Watch fight science! =p

RoryC

HSC
shinji said:
bjj is probably the most practical/effective martial art out there.

Strongest would probably be Muay thai.
Watch fight science! =p
Yeah Ive watched a similar show to that "Human Weapon". It sure looks like it would be good against a single opponent. Ive studied Pankration and various BJJ moves, I dont believe that there is any single martial art that can be described as being the "most practical", with the possible exception of Jeet Kune Do.

If Im in a street fight and I put some guy in an arm bar or leg lock, his buddy is just going to come up and start stomping on my face...

NinjaSauce

HSC
The most effective martial arts involve bullets and knives. but other than that -

-

For the Sydney CBD, Try boxingworks.com.au

Now, now, i know when you open the site it looks a little... 'commercial'... But go with it. They need something to pay the bills, and CBD Suits are a good way for there boxercise classes.

I have heard they are a very good gym, though... No Muai Thai specifically, but they do kick-boxing. Hell, just go in/send an email and ask for a Muai Thai recommendation if need be.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Even if there was a 'best' martial art all it takes is a missed block or lucky shot from an opponent an even the best fighters can lose... and that doesn't even take into consideration knives, guns, other weapons and multiple attackers.

theprodigy

HSC
RoryC said:
I wasnt sure where to post this so I thought I'd post here :)

Are there any fellow Muay Thai practitioners out there ? Or boxers?

Im heading over to thailand next year to train, cant wait.

Anyone know of any good boxing or muay thai gyms to train at in Sydney, preferably around the CBD. Im moving there next year.

:)
bulldog gym .

not really cbd though - girraween or castle hill area ;

benjidarkside

HSC
N/A
iv been training some kung fu for about the last year. Not looking to be able to beat people up, just love the skill of all the movents :). Looking to start some bjj. should be good.

anyone else practise traditional kung fu??

r0b-dog

HSC
N/A
theprodigy said:
bulldog gym .

not really cbd though - girraween or castle hill area ;
yea heard about that.. but isnt that more into kickboxing?

@NinjaSauce- neat stuff do you know any near castle hill? aimed at boxing?

@ RoryC - good luck with your boxing mate, im interested in it too.( i also wanted to try boxing but unforatnetly got delay due to some other factors,hoping to try it very soon.)

Last edited:

Mr.Cassimatis

HSC
Grechy's Pound 4 Pound Gym Edgecliffe

where the tennis center is.

trained some of the amateur Sydney legends.

trained Mundine

and trained Emmanuel Augustus.

I was there for 5 years before taking up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

He is a very good trainer

HSC
Muay thai is awesome, best martial arts i've trained in. Used to train at JNI gym in Kingsgrove - not too far from CBD either, probably 10/15mins if using the M5? i miss it...should take it up again but it is a little pricey...no harm in checking it out though.

whoisurdaddy

HSC
ahaha team chip SELF DEFENCE!!! :D

PS: What are some decent and affordable muay thai or bjj training centres in sydney?

judoka

HSC
If there's a pcyc near you, it's worth checking it as almost all of them have good, hard boxing programs that turn out competitive fighters. Also, a fair amount of them have other MA's like bjj, judo or muay thai.

My 2c, if your interested in bjj its probably worthwhile checking out judo, it's very similar as a grappling style (albeit with a greater emphasis on stand up) and is often WAY cheaper to train in as well.

whoisurdaddy

HSC
judoka said:
If there's a pcyc near you, it's worth checking it as almost all of them have good, hard boxing programs that turn out competitive fighters. Also, a fair amount of them have other MA's like bjj, judo or muay thai.

My 2c, if your interested in bjj its probably worthwhile checking out judo, it's very similar as a grappling style (albeit with a greater emphasis on stand up) and is often WAY cheaper to train in as well.
cheers

Hajime

HSC
Lol! It's My science teacher's last day... He was cool! Everybody say bye to him! His name is Mr James!
Oh, and my fave Martial art is ninjutsu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)