• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muhammad Cartoon Controversy (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
technically we always were. started off if the offensiveness of cartoons changed based on your reference frame.

davin

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Soon someone will come in and attempt to convince us they understand quantum mechanics.
had a class for that last semister. god i hated that.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
There seems to be a growing number of Muslims who call themselves "Quran only" Muslims. Now why would that be anything to boast about, let alone be a trend? If you haven't read the Hadith, the answer may not be apparent. For in the Hadith, are the accounts of Mohammad's deeds and examples. This is the only place they are found, for the Quran is supposedly the world of Allah. No person can come to know Mohammad without knowing the Hadith. The reason a growing number of Muslims want to invalidate the Hadith, is that the Hadith depict Muhammad as a most unsavory person: a selfish, egotistical pirate, serial-murderer, sex-addict, pedophile, plagiarizer, liar, and bigot.

So it all comes down to this: If the Hadith Collections of Ishaq, Tabari, Bukhari and Muslim are true, Muhammad was the most evil man who ever lived, Allah was the most demented god ever conceived, and Islam was the most vile doctrine ever imposed on humankind.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
There seems to be a growing number of Muslims who call themselves "Quran only" Muslims. Now why would that be anything to boast about, let alone be a trend? If you haven't read the Hadith, the answer may not be apparent. For in the Hadith, are the accounts of Mohammad's deeds and examples. This is the only place they are found, for the Quran is supposedly the world of Allah. No person can come to know Mohammad without knowing the Hadith. The reason a growing number of Muslims want to invalidate the Hadith, is that the Hadith depict Muhammad as a most unsavory person: a selfish, egotistical pirate, serial-murderer, sex-addict, pedophile, plagiarizer, liar, and bigot.

So it all comes down to this: If the Hadith Collections of Ishaq, Tabari, Bukhari and Muslim are true, Muhammad was the most evil man who ever lived, Allah was the most demented god ever conceived, and Islam was the most vile doctrine ever imposed on humankind.
says the ignorant one...

i thought i might have agreed somewhere at the beginning, but then it just jumbled up into a pigsty (your type of writing nowadays when talking about islam).

to say about-and to- those that are quran only muslims, there will be 73 sects of muslims on the day of judgement, and 1 of them will go to heaven, and the other 72 will go to hell, and the prophet and his companions are in the sect that is going to heaven. so for those "muslims" that dont stand with what the prophet did, they are only halfway to heaven, and will always be halfway, which isnt good enough.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
says the ignorant one...

i thought i might have agreed somewhere at the beginning, but then it just jumbled up into a pigsty (your type of writing nowadays when talking about islam).

to say about-and to- those that are quran only muslims, there will be 73 sects of muslims on the day of judgement, and 1 of them will go to heaven, and the other 72 will go to hell, and the prophet and his companions are in the sect that is going to heaven. so for those "muslims" that dont stand with what the prophet did, they are only halfway to heaven, and will always be halfway, which isnt good enough.
so yuor not part of the same sect as muhammed unless you , pillage and plunder villages and murder many people?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Ah religion, who needs it? Oh that's right. All those insecure people who need an ancient book of dubious authorship to justify their existences.

tempco

HSC
SashatheMan said:
so yuor not part of the same sect as muhammed unless you , pillage and plunder villages and murder many people?
Yeh, why not.

Simpson Freak

HSC
politik said:
Have I missed something? Now we're talking about the Theory of Relativity?
No you see, some posters will do anything they can just to disagree with me, even if i am in some sort of support of their views.

i make a star wars reference and use the word cannibalism, i later have to tell them what i meant for 2 pages speaking about cannibalism and how it relates to star wars.

then i talk about a theory, and compare it to other theories, and we need to spend 2 more pages to discuss those theories which were merely examples but were focused on to try and find something wrong with what i am saying.

"Ah religion, who needs it? Oh that's right. All those insecure people who need an ancient book of dubious authorship to justify their existences."

but arent the aethiests also insecure in the fact that they cant handle that their is something bigger out there that they cant get to on the internet or a trendy rocket ship,

speaking of insecurity, its my opinion that extremists must be extremely insecure about their beliefs since they just dont like the way there can possibly be another belief to their own...thats a funny thought.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Simpson Freak said:
but arent the aethiests also insecure in the fact that they cant handle that their is something bigger out there that they cant get to on the internet or a trendy rocket ship,

hhmm, when did it become fact that athiests are insecure of somerthing bigger out there?

show me how its a fact, that there is something bigger and then ill start being insecure

Simpson Freak

HSC
SashatheMan said:
hhmm, when did it become fact that athiests are insecure of somerthing bigger out there?

show me how its a fact, that there is something bigger and then ill start being insecure
lol, i got the notification on email but didnt check who posted this, but by its senseless and pointless tone, i knew it could only be you.

so rather than risk giving a damn about you, i will just ask you to:

show me that we have a pointless and finite existence and i will start feeling insecure.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
"when did it become fact that athiests are insecure of somerthing bigger out there? "

well..the fact that u r 2 scared to put ur faith in any of the many religions out there, but rather wish to depend and rely on good, old concrete evidence that is in front of you kinda does make u insecure about urself ... and the world in general

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Simpson Freak said:
lol, i got the notification on email but didnt check who posted this, but by its senseless and pointless tone, i knew it could only be you.

so rather than risk giving a damn about you, i will just ask you to:

show me that we have a pointless and finite existence and i will start feeling insecure.
i never said i am insecure. you said that.

and i never said we have a pointless existance. Our lives can be very fulfilling and we can achieve alot of happiness for our selves, and our children, and progress in every way. I dont see that as pointless.

Science doesnt deal with supernatural, unlesss the supernatural can be proven, which in turn doesnt become supernatural anymore. When we die , thats when our life ends. But since we cant prove that there is a soul or an afterlife, and by following rational thought, we have to accept that our lives are not infinate , but end when we die.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
funnybunny said:
"when did it become fact that athiests are insecure of somerthing bigger out there? "

well..the fact that u r 2 scared to put ur faith in any of the many religions out there, but rather wish to depend and rely on good, old concrete evidence that is in front of you kinda does make u insecure about urself ... and the world in general
why do you put faith in a religion? Am i insecure for not putting faith in myself that i can fly?

Why do we use logic on everything else in our lives but then all of a sudden we have to through out it out and rely on faith when it comes to god?

you can put faith in anything , why stop at just god?

funnybunny

HSC
"why do you put faith in a religion?"

well..the same question can be asked why u put faith in the theory of evolution?
..why do u put faith in the evidence that supports it? ...just cause it's in front of your eyes, doesnt mean it's neccesarily true...why put faith in ur eyes to show everything truly and correctly, then?

HSC
that doesn't show insecurity.

religion depends very much on belief.

ever thought an athiest may simply not believe in a supernatural, or all-supreme being? perhaps they've never had a reason to believe in God?

how does being an athiest mean you are insecure?

All those insecure people who need an ancient book of dubious authorship to justify their existences.
thats just the other extreme...which i don't think makes any more sense. yes some ppl believe in religion becoz they're insecure. but only a bare few.

funnybunny

HSC
"thats just the other extreme...which i don't think makes any more sense. yes some ppl believe in religion becoz they're insecure. but only a bare few."

yes..exactly..
"religion depends very much on belief."
religion is based on faith...faith in ur beliefs

"ever thought an athiest may simply not believe in a supernatural, or all-supreme being? perhaps they've never had a reason to believe in God"
i was merely attackin the idiotic comment "All those insecure people who need an ancient book of dubious authorship to justify their existences" by using another one...my bad i guess

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That statement could have only been said by a troll. I do not believe that was a real statement.

i was merely attackin the idiotic comment "All those insecure people who need an ancient book of dubious authorship to justify their existences" by using another one...my bad i guess
Yea, while it was a bit of an idiotic comment when you look at the reason people believe in a God it's quite possible that they're believing because it makes them feel special and not due to any sort of analysis of the situation. I can show examples of this in that 'not all christians are bible bashers' thread.

Last edited:

funnybunny

HSC
and "all those insecure people who need an ancient book of dubious authorship to justify their existences" any better?

"That statement could have only been said by a troll. I do not believe that was a real statement."
if u cant reply appropriately dont reply at all.
...a lot of ppl simply cant believe in religion because they can't comprehend nor willing to believe that there is someone out there who is much "greater" and more powerful than they are.......they feel insecure with believing in something that isn't in front of their eyes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)